Shock! Chanel Does Menswear

Originally posted by kit@Mar 13th, 2004 - 8:25 pm
It was I myself who mentioned it at the beginning of this thread . :blush:

hmmm it was you then ... :kiss:

thanks for the book info, i'm amazoning :lol: right now

i agree that KARL is OBESESSED with HEDI :sick: (lets not even go there)

but i love KARL for who he is: the bitchy designer who isnt afraid to say whats on his mind and still manages to rule with CHANEL. :flower:

just my opinion :innocent: :ninja: :blush:

i find him occasionally entertaining.. as far as he doesnt make a fool out of himself and keeps his mouth closed regarding mlle Chanel :ninja:

i think he lost all that weight because he's so full of himself he can't eat... :sick: :P

from those pics it looks like they should stick to designing for women only

dl

isn't being bitchy and pretentious a requirement to enter the industry?

I don't design for chanel, I havn't shared in it's history, I don't even work for them. I say let karl do what he likes, as long as his stuff comes out good (which I think it does) then yay for him. In my opinion he is more of a queen than galliano but whatev.

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:54 am

it was.. much more at the time karl entered business,
the new trend is less pretentiousness, more substance

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 15th, 2004 - 4:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 4:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:54 am

it was.. much more at the time karl entered business,
the new trend is less pretentiousness, more substance [/b][/quote]
exactly...only the dinosaurs are still like that...nowadays if you try that, everyone just ignores you...look at marc jacobs...everyone's hero...he's the most low - key, chill person...you've never seen him quoted talking sh** about another designer...it's small and petty...and very boooring....

the new crew is much more'normal'...whatever that means... :wink:

Karl Largerfield himself shot campaign for first time ever Chanel male line. Model is Milun Milutinovic 20 from Serbia.

No, I picked up the info on another forum and they didn't post any. :(

its not really a men's line
as we have already discussed at FS,
Lagerfeld showed some of his Chanel fw04 collection on boys, thats all :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 17th, 2004 - 11:15 am
its not really a men's line
as we have already discussed at FS,
Lagerfeld showed some of his Chanel fw04 collection on boys, thats all :wink:
unfortunately, you are correct. I was really dying to get one of those blue with black and white tweed trim short jackets.

Originally posted by model_mom@Apr 17th, 2004 - 10:43 am
Karl Largerfield himself shot campaign for first time ever Chanel male line. Model is Milun Milutinovic 20 from Serbia.
The photgraphs from the campaign will be in the Sept. Vogue issue. I don't know?? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Mar 11th, 2004 - 9:06 am
Even John respects Mnsr. Dior as a person (though not his house).
Actually, I'd have to disagree with that.
I think that John does respect the house of Dior, actually.

Look where it all started in 1947. The Dior look was very controversial, over the top, and ahead of its time. I don't think that Christian would disapprove of what John's doing. It wouldn't be Dior to just stick with the same old stuffy boring clothing and look for old rich ladies... and Dior was all about reinventing the norm and daring to be different, in my opinion.

Originally posted by brian+Apr 17th, 2004 - 8:44 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Apr 17th, 2004 - 8:44 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Mar 11th, 2004 - 9:06 am
Even John respects Mnsr. Dior as a person (though not his house).
Actually, I'd have to disagree with that.
I think that John does respect the house of Dior, actually.

Look where it all started in 1947. The Dior look was very controversial, over the top, and ahead of its time. I don't think that Christian would disapprove of what John's doing. It wouldn't be Dior to just stick with the same old stuffy boring clothing and look for old rich ladies... and Dior was all about reinventing the norm and daring to be different, in my opinion. [/b][/quote]
I agree with that :flower:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 7th, 2004 - 3:50 pm
Wow! I love the blue coat and the printed grey coat. I wonder why style.com didn't include these pictures on their site.

Style.com is chickswear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->