Should short people boycott fashion?

I'm 5'2 and have long legs and a short torso.

If somebody tried to start a boycott I wouldn't participate...

ohoh609 said:
I'm 5'2 and have long legs and a short torso.

If somebody tried to start a boycott I wouldn't participate...

I don't think I understand? If you're 5'2 with a short torso, wouldn't you need petite sizes even more (on top, anyway)?

they mosdef do not make the same stuff for kids and adults...a lot of times i'll walk into a nice store, find something real nice (sometimes for real cheap) and then i'll come to the realization that if i were a tiiiiiiiiny bit taller it would fit SO WELL:angry::angry::angry:!! but alas...whats a 5'2.5" boy supposed to do? My savior a lot of times is shrinking stuff in the wash :P. Sigh!

justinleaddict said:
oh yeah, try finding a size 27x34 in mens :lol:

it's ridiculous...even at a normal store like the Gap or something...I'm banished to the kids section...:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i'm guessing the majority of people weren't born with the perfect body which means most people have to alter their clothing in order to make it work for them. you have to do your best with what was handed to you but i do agree that from a designers standpoint there could be more done to suit different body types.

BellaStyle said:
you have to do your best with what was handed to you but i do agree that from a designers standpoint there could be more done to suit different body types.
totally agree!

i dont think designers will change, at least not for a loooooooong time.
sadly, this does effect me cause i'm only 5'2. bummer.

plain.jane said:
i guess altering would be another solution?

Altering doesn't always work. Jackets are difficult to alter, and you can't really change arm hole sizes and where it is without completely changing the style. Short people also tend to have shorter rises. A short length regular pant with a 30" inseam is different from a petite length pant that has a 30" inseam. Petite sizes are also slightly narrower. That's why they often suggest people to go up a size when buying petites.

i guess we need to go for those petite lines...
i think asian brands generally have smaller size range

plain.jane said:
i guess we need to go for those petite lines...
i think asian brands generally have smaller size range

Yes, but Asian styles aren't always in sync with North American or European styles. Some are really outrageous!

I've found that when I shopped for clothes in Europe, (at least in england) their sizes tend to be a little smaller...American sizes are bigger

shamigo said:
I've found that when I shopped for clothes in Europe, (at least in england) their sizes tend to be a little smaller...American sizes are bigger

European sizes are smaller as in skinnier, but they aren't necessarily shorter. Petite sizes are narrower AND shorter.

Hmmm.. I'm really petite.. and I never really have any probems, not anything worth complaining over that is..

I always need to take in skinny jeans because they aren't skinny enough but apart from that it's not really a problem, finding jackets can be a hassle though, and skirts that are too long.

i'm very tiny and my mother makes most of my clothes. it's very hard to find any jeans and other pants. but you have to accept what you find from stores.:flower:

I design and make some of my own clothes. I buy good quality European fabric and build pieces around them. They fit well, and they're always what I want. I'm 5"2 and have given up shopping for well fitting clothes already.

ReiMatsuko said:
I design and make some of my own clothes. I buy good quality European fabric and build pieces around them. They fit well, and they're always what I want. I'm 5"2 and have given up shopping for well fitting clothes already.
wow.. are u a fashion designer or doing it as a hobby? whr do u buy those European fabric?

plain.jane said:
wow.. are u a fashion designer or doing it as a hobby? whr do u buy those European fabric?

I do it for a hobby for a small business I do on the side. I buy fabric from all over the world, and for European ones (mainly cotton voile, silk cotton and crepe satin) I buy at the Clothier Exhibition in Paris held every April and September. Only in small quantities cos I make only 1 or 2 pieces of each design. I will post pics of some of my dresses. Here's a top made from embroidered Indian silk I made:

Copy4ofburgundy_silk_wrap_top.jpg

well should I boycott fashion because I have very thin arms and legs yet curvy hips and boobs [not fat though! i'm like a size 4] it's hard to find things too! i have to buy shirts sizes up and jeans never fit right.

i mean honestly, almost everybody has some body issue that makes it very hard to find clothes. so i don't think really boycotting would really help and everybodys bodies are different but maybe simply bringing more attention to being petite would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->