Skin bleaching cream/microdermabrasion

smilencheese

Reaction score
I recently visited my dermatologist and he mentioned that I had some dark pigmentation under my eyes which I thought were just dark under eye circles from lack of sleep. He recommended that I purchase a skin bleaching cream called “Clean” made by Obagi. I’ve never used a skin bleaching cream before. Does anyone know if it really works or is my doctor just trying to get me to purchase a $75 product that he sells at his office.

He also suggested that I get microdermabrasion treatment to even out my skin and to clean clogged pores. I’m in my early 20s and am not sure if I am too young to get this treatment.

Please advise. Thanks ahead of time. :smile:

Im 21 and on a 6 week microdermabrasion treatment :flower:

im trying to purify my skin... but im also mixing some oxygen facials in too... i really want to look 16 again...

Do you guys think microdermabrasion is too harsh for a 17 year old? My derm reckons that I should not try it for a few more years but my blackheads are getting to me!!

It depends how sensative your skin is. Its really important to make sure it is right for your skin :flower: maybe you could ask a different salon for an opinion

As soon as I heard the word 'skin bleaching' i thought of Michael Jackson...

Missoni~Heiress said:
It depends how sensative your skin is. Its really important to make sure it is right for your skin :flower: maybe you could ask a different salon for an opinion

Thanks. I was planning to do just that this week.

You can always do at home microdermabrasion treatments. they're not as harsh/severe/effective as in office, but they're a lot cheaper and you can control how often and how vigorous the treatment is

lemeray said:
As soon as I heard the word 'skin bleaching' i thought of Michael Jackson...

Didn't we all??

A friend of mine is an esthitician (sp?) and says she thinks the only way he could have become that white is by injections of a bleaching material.
She says a cream would have never got him that white.
Isn't that crazy? Injecting himself with bleach!

Missoni~Heiress said:
Im 21 and on a 6 week microdermabrasion treatment :flower:

im trying to purify my skin... but im also mixing some oxygen facials in too... i really want to look 16 again...

Do you like the oxygen facials?
Seeing any results? I have heard good things about them, but have heard you need to get them alot to see results.

Are there any such products that lighten up the skin colour? I hear that it's popular in Japan and that you've got it in all kinds of body lotions, soaps and shower gels, I am basically just looking for a way to keep my skin colour pale, I really hate it when I get a tan, just a bad tone... :yuk:

I've heard of No. 7 Microdermabrasion that was very cheap, but I heard about that in the UK and I am not sure they have it here. I did see something in Rexall and Shopper's Drug Mart that said "Microdermabrasion" across the packet, but it seemed to be a product to get rid of wrinkles and not blotches on the skin. :blink: Does anybody know of any other microdermabrasion products for blotches that are available in Canada?

Japan is full of whitening products... Every major cosmetic brand has its own variant. DiorSnow, Chanel Blanc Essentiel, Estée Lauder Cyberwhite (i think), etc.

In the UK, the only whitening product I have spotted was at the Shu Uemura counter. Everyone is too obsessed about getting tanned here (it's far too easy to get pale in a country with practically no sunshine.)

in a magazin i read that you can mix cetaphil and baking soda as a "homemade" microdermabrasion thing.......curious if i should try that for i have some damn red blotchy things on my skin from old pimples and i want to get rid of them!!!

I use daily soft peeling from Neo Strata AHA 10 lotion. Ask or try to find the information from your dermatologist. It works wonder.

MorganaLestrange said:
in a magazin i read that you can mix cetaphil and baking soda as a "homemade" microdermabrasion thing.......curious if i should try that for i have some damn red blotchy things on my skin from old pimples and i want to get rid of them!!!

I have the same problem! I tried it today..baking soda and Cetaphil cleanser...it worked really well! After that I did a Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask..put on my medicated acne cream, and then lotion. worked so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->