Skins

Effy was very dark, but really interesting and intriguing......probably from the the fact that she never spoke and the minute she did she became suddenly less interesting.
Cassie was easily one of the most messed up characters but also one of the funniest too, and they got the balance just right.
I also agree with both of you're posts about the characters in the 1st series......it is hard to compare but they were more rounded and not so one dimensional. I applaud what they did by starting afresh with characters and ideas, but ultimately in this recent series that didn't pay off.
Does anyone think that the link with the new series might be Freddy's sister?
Forgot her name now.:doh:

I thought of that as well but how cruel would that be, starting a new series, again, with the little sister traumatized by her brother's fate. I for one love Karen's character. She is hilarious and sunny. Her little rant with Thomas made me smile in spite of all the tragedy.

I really wish Skins long live, because it's rare to see so much creativity in a teen drama. The characters are so strong and individual, they don't rely on adults at all (it's like they don't exist, but when they do they are oh so f***ed up).

I don't think the finale is as bad as people are saying and I enjoyed the second generation a lot, but that said, I'm watching the first series again and I preferred the writing much more in the latter. I also preferred the format. While they focused on a character per episode, they also dedicated a few minutes to the other characters, too. I mean, where the hell was Pandora in this series? They neglect to give her any decent storylines, so they thought they would give her a silly five minute storyline about how she is leaving for Harvard. WTF? I thought they should've done that with three and four.

The Harvard History scholarship looked like it came out of nowhere, but had you seen Pandora's Unseen Skins, it would have appeared less far-fetched.

Meh sums up the finale episode for me. It annoys me that we don't get to see how the rest of the group finds out/reacts to Freddie. The more I think about it, I feel that the whole thing that happened to him was done purely for shock value. It was completely pointless, and even more so now that we don't get to see how it unravels. Does Foster get caught? What happens to him, his sister, Cook, and Effy?

The only things I enjoyed from the finale was Naomi's bit with Emily towards the end. and Cook's Kylie Minogue dance routine hahaha

the episode was Naomi's but it didnt feel like that at all..
it felt like it was everyones :ermm:

very disappointing
the finale would look better if the same cast would be in season 5 to continue the story where they left off..
but thats not going to happen.. -_-

I really don't think the last episode was Naomi's, cause at the end of the intro song normally the last person they show that's their episode, and in this case they showed the whole cast.

Anyway, I wasn't as dissapointed as all of you seem to be, but I do believe this episode would have been better if there was one that would follow it. Since it's such an open ending. (I hate open endings with television series, you put time and effort into following a show and they can't even give you a proper closing!!)
And actually the only thing that has bothered me about this season was that Freddie got killed. :angry: I mean, it doesn't go well into the storyline at all!!:o I'm just glad Cook knows what happened!!
I don't understand why they felt the need to kill him off though. I guess, as all of you've said before, it was for shock-value. Sad really...:cry:
Oh and it's a shame they put so little focus on Pandora, she's such a great character. I loved her song for Effy!:flower:
Oh and Cook dancing was a-mazing!:woot:

All in all, this season was good, maybe even better than last season (depending on the episodes, I could have gone without the Thomas episode). I'm going to miss this generation very much, especially Eff and Fredds.
But I'm curious to see what the writer's will come up with next!

Oh and I think it's time for me to rewatch the first generation :heart:, it's been too long :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disappointment, this last season.
It seems like the writers don't understand that staring at the same character for entire 40 minutes in each episode is boring. Let's hope they'll bring more humour and better styling with next generation. AND more realistic storylines.
And if there will be a guy who likes spliff party, is in love with a nice girl and generally is a nice spark-of-the-cast character... he'll probably die.

had to post this before I went to bed -

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Skins Movie Confirmed

[/SIZE][/FONT]
e8844597bfd4dd42skinsse.jpg

In a Jack Thorne interview by The Guardian:

Interviewer: You mentioned there's a Skins movie in the offing - are you involved in that, Jack?

JT: Yeah, I'm writing it.

I: What are you going to do with it? Is it the same characters, new characters? Are you going to have to cast again? Every time I look at it there's new people!

JT: Yeah, yeah, the idea is that it's more centered around generation two, but generation one will be involved, and generation three will be in one scene.

I: So Nick Hoult might be involved?

JT: If he's available from doing Mad Max in Australia or wherever he is. You know what I mean? There's currently a campaign to get him to come back and do a few scenes for us.

guardian.co.uk/film/audio/2010/mar/18/film-weekly-podcast

------

Sid and Casey together :heart::heart::heart:

omg !!
G1 & G2 together !

aww, i hope if Tony is in it him and Effy will have a nice brother/sister moment :wub:
Sid & Cassie !! :crush:

the only one missing is Chris :cry:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SH********ttttt :o
That's... that's some proper weird news. And amazing too!? I hope it's not just words though :/
Some time ago Mike Bailey said on his twitter that he knew about the film but weren't going to be in it :/
Anyway, this is really exciting...
Maybe they'll do some dream sequence with Chris ^^ But Jal should have a baby then?....

Jal got an abortion I'm pretty sure.
so she wouldn't have a baby if this were to happen.

unless of course they change that ?

I'm not sure, her belly seemed to be a bit too big for me already... But it's Skins 1st generation, anything can happen with them :D

Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
Thank you!

is s4 done!?? omg. im sooo late i need to watch it, im still on the EFFY episode :((

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard Nicholas, Kaya, and Anthea Stonem (I forget her real name) are definitely confirmed for the movie. Could just be a rumor, but I hope not!

^ i know.
i wanna see Tony/Effy together again
she adores her brother and he adores his little sister.
its a lovely relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->