Skins

I just saw it. it's not even sad, it's just.. wtf. :huh:
murder and a real 'bad guy' belong to another series. I'm disappointed..

^Yeah, it doesn't make sense. It also came out of the blue, I don't think there was enough character development (John) for that to have happened... if you get what I mean?

yeah, I know. I also find it a bit senseless how they keep portraying adults as deeply f*ked up, especially psychologists .. in Skins world, Effy is probably only coming of age :lol:.

Damn you people ! How dare Kaya spoil us all the ending !! well e4 did it as well come to think of it. It's all over their website! I was looking forward to next week's episode. Now I almost want to boycott it... Still I wouldn't miss it for the world.
One of my favourites !!! :angry: The bravest, most good-looking and generous.

Yeah, it was done more for the shock value. It sounds like one of those cheesy horror films where the psychotic serial killer will now anyone who gets in his way. Stupid.

i saw the episode last night :cry: that was a shock i really didn't expect that to happen :cry: and thankgod i wasn't spoiled :lol:

the scene was quite disturbing and sad but SOOOOOOOO random and unexpected i nearly screamed at my T.V and cried

Seriously wtf I really think that scene didn't really need sound effects.
I reckon if it was silent it would've made a bigger impact.
that's ****ed up.

And I'm usually 'okay' watching scenes like that in movies and tv but the big difference is that it was establish something like that was going to happen unlike in Skins that was twisted and out of nowhere.

I have no idea whether to applaud the writers or ???

I haven't watched it yet. I'm scared.
I know who dies and people on the net are saying it's horrible.
I just don't know.
:cry:

Somehow I didn't know anything about this.
If the producers of the show are true to form these characters will all disappear at the end of this series anyway, so obviously Freddy would go too, but this is was just 'too much'. :huh: The whole episode was just hideously depressing.....where has all the humour gone in this show? Effy has surprisingly become less and less interesting the more f**ked up she becomes, which is quite odd.
Ultimately they just didn't get this right and it was totally unnecessary to rid the show of arguably the best actor there at this stage.
Could be the nail in the coffin for the show.

It was just SUCH a stupid idea, I have to have a little rant about it... in white, spoilers :smile: I think that if Freddie HAD to die, there should have been a dramatic face off between him and John, and they'd have had an equally matched fight but Freddie would tragically have been killed because his head hit a concrete wall or something. And Effie would have been there and it would all have been oh so sad. Or maybe Cooke could have been there and Freddie could have died in his arms and then Cooke could have beat the crap out of John. They needed more of a build up to this though, it just came so randomly out of the blue - I mean John is a creeper buuut most of the characters in Skins are harmless weirdos so I didn't really suspect anything :blink: Having Freddie randomly beaten to death with a baseball bat just seems SO lazy! He was one of the best actors, too, so he could have been given a better death, no? Haha I just read all this through and I sound like a crazy fan girl but I assure you I'm not :innocent:

^ as much as I hate what happened, I think they carried murder in a more realistic form, freddie went to john to settle things down and he was unexpectedly attacked and murdered, you really couldn't have suspected john to go to these lengths.. had cook or effy been there for a farewell moment.. I don't know, it would've made things kind of Hollywood-esque. this is how people get murdered in real life really.. pretty much out of the blue.
what annoys me is that, please, if you're seeing a guy coming with a bat (!), and you've already stated twice that the door is locked and he didn't say he's going to open it up for you, AND he's declared himself as a psycho, then he's up to no good and you keep your guard up, don't turn your back trying to force the door. ugh. :hardhead:

suddenly that smiley feels inappropriate. :ninja:

anyway, can't see how they're going to clean up some of this mess a little in the only episode that's left.. not that skins tends to have happy finales but this is way too tragic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got to give Caesar what belongs to Caesar. The writers really did something bold. It's another question whether you like it or not. I think that it's great that writers had such free reigns, and didn't self censure. It this was Skins USA, this would never have happened. They simply wouldn't allow such display of violence. I'm pretty sure the writers will make it up to us in the finale, it promises to be grand. This is where Cook will prove his true worth (cf. the preview). I'm still sad though, but I was devastated as well for Chris and his death, as untimely as it was, was a catalyst for the intrigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wahayoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->