Skins

I saw the interview with "the American Cassie" and the actress seems really charming.
Too bad she started her career with a role that will receive loads and loads of hate.

i'm so sad with the cast of american's skins. so awful! i miss all the first and second cast of skins UK!

I want to keep an open mind about this US Skins but I know in my heart that it can never be the UK version. No matter how hard they try. Just with the censoring alone US markets can't keep that true to the storyline.

The creator of both Skins US and Skins UK (Brian Elsley) has said that the storylines will mirror Skins UK for the first season and then Skins US will be original.

regardless, I won't watch the American one unless it's bootlegged, I would never want to contribute to MTV's ratings for this travesty.
Tony looks/sounds like a Glee character (barf) . . . Cassie doesn't seem at all charming . . . they made Maxxie into a lesbian cheerleader . . . and WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE TO EFFY? The most gorgeous and charismatic girl on the series is . . . well, I've been trying to write descriptions for three minutes and I just have no words for how wrong she is. I generally don't even like TV but the characters on Skins UK captivated me and it's infuriating to see this atrociously-acted mockery, even just the trailer!
and so ends my rant . . . carry on :D

I don't want to watch American Skins. I know I shouldn't judge it when I haven't seen it, but I bet that it's crap. Sorry. But Skins is such a British TV programme; everything about it- from the characters to the story lines- are so British. British teens (from what I've seen) are different to those in America. I just imagine that the US version of Skins is a bit pants. I don't see why the Americans have to have their own adaptations of UK TV programmes. I heard about an American version of The Inbetweeners ages ago. That, again, would completely fail if it were adapted for American television...
Sorry, I'll stop ranting now.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^IA that Americans need to stop remaking British shows . . . except for The Office; I actually prefer the American one! It's odd because I adored Ricky Gervais in Extras.

^It starts in January. The 11? 21? 22? I don't remember off the top of my head.

US Skins doesn't sound very appealing to me but maybe I'll give it a try, at least for one episode.
What I don't understand is why they tried to copy the 1st generation cast, they could've just used the same concept and create brand new characters, just like UK Skins does every two series..:rolleyes:

There will be a French Version of Skins.

I auditioned for it, I didn't get the role.
but I got to read the script and its interesting. Although I'm sure its not going to be very good, we're not very good in france for tv shows plus the original version was so cool... but yeah just wanted to share the news :flower:

A French version? That should be interesting. I'd watch it if it were translated into English!

What I dislike about the American version of "Skins" (from what I've seen from the preview) is that it tries too hard to follow the plot line from the British version, at least in the first few episodes. Cassie's OD, the car crash, etc. I don't mind an American interpretation, but I wish they had created a new plot with new characters instead of trying to recreate the success of Nicholas Hoult et al.

^^ woah that really came out of the blue :huh:. I'm not overly excited by it, as a rule the original will always be better than the copy, people should innovate more instead of duplicating :rolleyes:

i dont like the american version of skins, i saw the preview at youtube, and it really sucks. :( they copied almost everything from gen1season1 i dunno, i am just not amused.

aaanndd, how about that skinsUK movie? is it still gonna happen? :smile:

aaanndd, how about that skinsUK movie? is it still gonna happen?

I`ve been searching for details about it all over the internet, but still not much info going on.

US Skins = US Top Gear
Both rubbish. :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->