Skins

The American version of Skins looks like utter rubbish. I'm honestly disappointed that its my country's MTV which is trying to recreate the show when I feel that no one ought to touch it with a ten foot poll. Skins should only ever have a British cast, once you add Americans to the mix, it goes and messes it up. I don't understand, if people love the show so much, why can't they just air the original episodes in America instead of doing a remake?

yeah i'm waiting for their new seasons! when is it actually?

and skins USA already started yet? seriously i have no idea why they should remake this, with horrible cast..

UK Skins starts on January 27th and the US version apparently kicks off on the 17th. It hasn't even started and they already have 15 000 fans on facebook :rofl:

They won't show the original skins in America because Americans like to believe that they're original. Also skins doesn't exactly fit the American stereotype of Brits :P
Either way I refuse to watch the US version, from the previews it doesn't look like it translates very well at all! (and the actors are terrible!)

^Those are all good points Nicole-Marie- we can't have a television show which breaks our stereotypes of Brits now, can we? :P

They won't show the original skins in America because Americans like to believe that they're original. Also skins doesn't exactly fit the American stereotype of Brits :P
Either way I refuse to watch the US version, from the previews it doesn't look like it translates very well at all! (and the actors are terrible!)

I don't think that's why the channels won't show it :D there's actually a lot of appreciation for British shows and cinema here. But there is a lot more censorship on TV and I think people figure that if you made UK Skins PG-13, there would be about five minutes of each episode left!

actually, I believe the UK version of Skins appeared on channels that you have to pay for in the US and Canada.

I know it was defintley on those channels in Canada, because I used to have the one it was on and watched it when I could..

Looks like a cheesy teen film being adapted into a hipster British TV series.

actually, I believe the UK version of Skins appeared on channels that you have to pay for in the US and Canada.

I know it was defintley on those channels in Canada, because I used to have the one it was on and watched it when I could..

I know that Skins used to sometimes appear on BBC America but it was always really, really late at night so it was impossible to ever watch. I'm not sure if they are still showing it on that channel though.

The UK skins touched on extremely controversial issues that I doubt the American skin would be able to screen! I'm sure there'd be a backlash from conservatives if they did..
Anyhow someone said that they picked "average" looking teens but I think a lot also had to do with the "average" styling. They didn't just plop them in a school and give them some unattainably glamorous makeup/hair styling like Gossip Girl/ The O.C. I love that too. It's very easy to relate to the story lines . Skins was very much like 'reality' , albeit heightened. None of that false drama that rarely occurs in real life.

I also liked how Effy wasn't the typical 'blonde'/perfect/polished queen bee , she was really eccentric and actually rather lovely with a lot of problems in her life. Speaking of I thought Naomi was really above average.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the Trailer for season 5 and I'm not really feeling it :( Doesn't feel like Skins at all and they all look so much younger than any other generation. Either that or it's me just out of touch with Skins now

^ my thoughts exactly ! and it's filmed differently I dunno..I'll give it a try though but after season 3 it's been going downhill and I haven't liked many episodes..:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->