Spanish ‘Vogue’ Sets World ‘Vogue’ Record

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
According to a handy press release we just got from the well-heeled folks at Conde Nast, the March issue of Vogue Español is setting a record as the biggest issue of Vogue ever published in the world, coming in at 1,006 pages. Oh, how the rainforests weep…
Spanish Vogue’s March issue sets a new record as the biggest issue of Vogue ever published in the world. With a 1,006 pages, the magazine weighs 2.7 kilos, just short of 6 pounds.

The magazine is 400 pages with a 606 page supplement devoted to the fashion Collections, specially bound together. It surpasses the previous record, held by the September 2004 issue of American Vogue, which ran at 832 pages. The main magazine of Spanish Vogue contains 175 advertising pages and the supplement contains 173 ad pages.​
To repeat: six f***ing pounds. American Vogue editor Anna Wintour is obviously pissed — but we’re not sure if it’s because they broke her record, or because they gained so much weight.
Full release after the jump.
——————————————————
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2006
SPANISH VOGUE SETS RECORD WITH 1,006-PAGE ISSUE

Spanish Vogue’s March issue sets a new record as the biggest issue of Vogue ever published in the world. With a 1,006 pages, the magazine weighs 2.7 kilos, just short of 6 pounds.

The magazine is 400 pages with a 606 page supplement devoted to the fashion Collections, specially bound together. It surpasses the previous record, held by the September 2004 issue of American Vogue, which ran at 832 pages. The main magazine of Spanish Vogue contains 175 advertising pages and the supplement contains 173 ad pages.

Spanish Vogue is beating all of its competitors. The March issue of Elle, containing three supplements, has 688 pages and Marie Claire, with two supplements, has 336 pages. A local fashion magazine, Telva, sold with three supplements, comes to 564 pages.

“Vogue is by far the biggest fashion magazine in Spain, and more importantly, it is the best,” Jonathan Newhouse, Chairman of Condé Nast International said.

The editor of Spanish Vogue is Yolanda Sacristan, and the President of Condé Nast Spain is Javier Pascual del Olmo.

voguespain.jpg

gawker.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Avant Garde said:
It should be about quality not quanity.

I agree...
but, don't bigger issues- and this is obviously the bigger issue- sell better
Which brings too mind, which Vogue sells better? Does anybody have the numbers? thanks in advance :flower:

peacelover142002 said:
To repeat: six f*cking pounds. American Vogue editor Anna Wintour is obviously pissed — but we’re not sure if it’s because they broke her record, or because they gained so much weight.
Full release after the jump.

:lol: :lol:

Vogue España is by far one of the best editions of Vogue, no actress in the cover, spanish fashion, international fashion, big surprise! just few pages on actors&films, interesting articles usually about themes such as plastic surgery or anorexia. I always buy it every month in France, now I 'm in Spain I buy it cheaper and easier to find(just round the corner). And that thing of Vogue Español, sounds really bad, it's actually Vogue España.

Is it this month Vougue?
Then the cover is wrong, that's last Christmas one.

Vogue espana and vogue en espanol are two different magazines...

one is vogue from Spain and the other is geared towards south and central america...
th gawker guy obviously doesn't know the difference...:rolleyes:
:lol:...

Size matters apparantly, cause right now I am thinking "I am gonna buy that one!" Just as I bough the Sept '04 issue :P

So buy the Spanish Vogue too? Well just like me, after the french Vogue this is my second fav.

OriginalSin said:
nah, its about the number of ads they can squeeze in :P :lol:

god im an ad junkie :ninja:

LOL! Yes, one of life's guiltier pleasures...!:wink:

CharlottefromCA said:
Is that Michelle Alvez?
yes it is, but odette says thats not the current cover

and i bet, spanish vogue surpasses american vogue in sales, and perhaps even in quality

I think this may be the March cover - posted on fashist.com.

portada_suscripciones_marzo.jpg

vogue.es

yes it is, but odette says thats not the current cover

Yes, it's an old cover,prob fron dec/January and it was all about wonderful presents and gifts depending on the kind of person(one for the trendy(example Victoria Beckham),NY chic(SJP),boho(Kate Moss) etc etc) and wonderful gowns. Pretty entertaining, but old. That's not this next month cover

I can do weight training while looking at all S/S ads.So handy

peacelover142002 said:
To repeat: six f***ing pounds. American Vogue editor Anna Wintour is obviously pissed — but we’re not sure if it’s because they broke her record, or because they gained so much weight.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->