Spanish ‘Vogue’ Sets World ‘Vogue’ Record

out of all the vogues which one do you guys favour?

french vogue is of course commercial, but feels more personal in my opinion.

chinese vogue had the best take on this fall's trends, and the way they styled it..i was impressed but not surprised because the 21st century is china's..

i like the cover,plus i'm curious what they put into this issue, so i'm probably gonna buy it!

Pastry said:

french vogue is of course commercial, but feels more personal in my opinion.

chinese vogue had the best take on this fall's trends, and the way they styled it..i was impressed but not surprised because the 21st century is china's..

british and french, for me. on second place, american - for its editorials (not covers, of course)......

I'd go for the French one first, followed but the Spanish and Italian, American is horrible(it's another VF) and UK is going the same path, I find it very American.

I just bought it and it's worth the money(1004 pages for 3 euros). There is the every month Vogue, good articles, make-up, Spanish celebrities(that was the most interesting by far) and the lovely french actress Virginie Ledoyen dressed by Karl Lagerfeld all Chanel and the editorial is great. Very Coco, she plays her part well and it feels very 20's.

Then you get the Vogue Colecciones, which is all about the catwalks, top 10( about dresses, shoes, models, make-up,hand bags,accesories,looks, designers, it looks), every designer gets like 4 pages with an interview and pics,haute&demi couture, polaroids!!! and a great articles about Christopher Bailey and his new Burberry.
It's all pictures, polaroids and really entertaining. There are like 5,000 pictures and I am not exagerating(like 13 pic per page and you get 604 pages)

sounds good odette..I'm thinking on bying this one, because of the colecciones thing..but spanish vogue costs over 11 euros here. Over 1000 pages, a record and everything... OK I'm going to buy it :lol: Pictures :heart:

Spanish Vogue is so good compared to US one atleast, my friend bought me a copy when she was in gran canaria, it was the issue with Claudia s. on the cover and had great Claudia editorial inside with lovely styling.

Yes, Claudia's cover was great and she looked so gorgeous and you know they managed to get a complete different look out of her,before that I would have never imagine Claudia wearing punk/ heavy clothing along with the cute dresses and shirts. Good editorial that was.

Opps forgot to mentione there is a section of 7 different looks and it's about H&M, benetton, Pedro del Hierro, Burberry and many other good but accessible brands you won't spend that large money on it.
Then, I love it because of the polaroids and the backstage

Are there any eds with models in it too, besides the one with that actress?

Yes! One with an two unknown models, very 60's, mod trend, Edie,mini dresses, Twiggy. Another one about the 50's, American dream, jazz clubs, very fifties dresses and there are gret Dior homme clothing.
Another with Tiiu and is all about the best trends and it's very luxurious(one black and white pic is great, I want it as an avatar!!). Plus the one of the actress I mentioned before.

There is an article about Vogue's history and Andy Warhol and his factory. Plus Karl Lagerfeld self portrait and an interview.

sounds good..too bad I can't read the interviews and articles..:D

I want this issue! Does anybody know how much it's going to cost in the US?
Hopefully, they have it at my Borders!

Here's a review from clo at fashist:

First, I must say that I was pretty disappointed with this issue. The editorials are quite lame and the magazines isn't worth much this month.
Ed no. 1 - "Jet Set" - Tiuu Kuik photographed by Regan Cameron
Ed no. 2 - Special Karl - Article and pics by Karl Lagerfeld on himself
Ed no. 3 - Virginie Ledoyen as Coco Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld
Ed no. 4 - "Jazz Club" - models utm photographed by Juan Gatti
Article and pictures on Spanish actress Carmen Maura and several other Spanish actors and actresses
Article and pictures on Sara Montiel, Spanish legend
Ed no. 5 - spring hippie looks photographed by Nico. Sorry, can't identify the models.
Article and pictures on Andy Warhol
Ed no. 6 - Accessories photographed by Paolo Zambaldi. Don't recognize the model again.
Finally, an article on the art of well dressing with pictures of Jackie O., other celebrities and models.
The supplement is pretty good if you've missed the spring/summer collections and it has got a good couture special.
That's about it, folks!

omg...the tiiu editorial...please PLEASE someone scan it!!!! i will love you til i die...

:shock:

Originally Posted by Pastry

I prefer Vogue UK right now...French one has been a tiny bit dull recently. I usually buy one of the month's Vogues. American is too cinservative and it has boring editorials, but I do buy it sometimes...though it is silly that 60% of the mag contains only ads.

I do like these huge issues, I hate it when (usually January issues) are so thin (but they cost the same), but I feel fooled because there's so many ads.

Vogue Espana March 2006

vogueesp06031pj.jpg

:shock: 1006 pages :woot:
I want to have that issue, but how am I gonna get that home on my bike with 2.7 kilo in my hands :innocent: :lol:

I would so buy it if:
a) They sold it down here... or at least, sold it down here not in an airport.
b) I wouldn't care much, but if I could understand Spanish.

Hey is it in this issue a big article about Victoria Beckham and how her style has changed since she lives in Spain and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->