Splash Down - What to Wear in the Rain!

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
What are your favourite rain accessories? I love this vintage-style purple raincoat! B)

Attachments

• purpleraincoat.jpg
    purpleraincoat.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
That would make such a cute outfit :heart:

I actually have an umbrella like that, but it's from WALT and has cute PukPuk's all over them :flower: The only problem is......when you stick your head in it you can't see where you are going because of the raindrops on the shield. And when you hold it above your head so you can see where you are going....you get wet :lol: :(

I acutally got a raincoat at H&M's. It is awhite trenchcoat-model. I really :heart: it - I'm waiting for rainy days so I can use it :woot:

What to wear when it rains

Hum ... well, I live in the tropics and the we'll have rain for a couple of months now ... I should've been used to it, but when it rains its so hard to pull ...er... any look!
Please, would you give me some tips/advise/do's & don'ts?

how about Junya's waterproof stuff? ( hard to find now, though)

100019719.jpg

100019722.jpg

100019690.jpg

My big plan is to wear clothes that can stand getting soaked, and carry a change of more respectable clothes along. Granted I only do this for work, but I do ride my bicycle to work in all kinds of weather, and find that the best way to stay looking respectable is to wait until I get where I am going, then put my nice clothes on.

For just going around town in foul weather when I am not riding my bike, I use a raincoat and hat. There are some great ones out there now. Ditto umbrellas, though I don't have one. I am always carrying too many things to have an umbrella, too, so I find a broad-brimmed waterproof hat works best. I made my own, using a broad-brimmed garden-hat pattern and a piece of pleather.

Seeing as I live in a city that has more than 200 days of rain per year, I should really be able to offer some advice. But I'm not. I tend to ignore the rain and wear whatever I like, I just carry a huge umbrella at all times :wink:

Hum ... the thing's I passionately hate umbrellas .. generally, I dont buy expensive ones ... but on a rainy season, I can easily loose like 5-6 umbrellas ... on top of it, they don't give that much of protection .. me being a guy, of course in such weather I wear pants ... jeans always got stained and obviously wet on the hem ... corduroy get nasty muddy stains that wont ever come off ... forget about fur/leather ... and thought waterproof coats and some synthetic fabrics can help, you just can't spend from 6 months wearing only polyester!
I dunno why, the green season just started ... but I'm already fed up with it ..maybe because it reminds me of all the hassle with the weather and I do not want to repeat what i do this season ... stay home rather than going out. :P

i recommend layers, cute undergarments, and a chaffeur on speed dial.

Big overcoat, a cool one. So when you take it off, not only are you dry, you look like a completely different person.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:35 am
Big overcoat, a cool one. So when you take it off, not only are you dry, you look like a completely different person.
Good idea :flower:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:35 am
Nice! Tks!

Oh...and mikeijames .. I'm already getting my chauffeur on speed dial #2!

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:55 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:55 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:35 am
Good idea :flower: [/b][/quote]
He is just so smart! :wink:

And everyone loves Muji too...or maybe that's just me...

I wear an overcoat...it's Dior Monsieur...but I may attach a blue leather belt around the middle to make it a little more Dior Homme...

It's always windy here in Reykjavik, making the rain horizontal. An umbrella will do no good.

-Dark Pants
-Long coat
-Spray silocone on all shoes
-wear hair up so the style isn't ruined if it rains/snows. or a hat ( personally don't like hats)
-wear makeup that can stand some rain, cream blush, waterproof mascara
-To look stylish and still be covered from the rain wear interesting scarves and gloves
-earrings that stand out

Try to make the best of it, it can even be sexy to get wet :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->