What to wear to a fashion show

i didn't wear anything i planned to wear...:lol:...

oh well...:rolleyes:..
so much for planning...

softgrey said:
i didn't wear anything i planned to wear...:lol:...

oh well...:rolleyes:..
so much for planning...
GRRRR SOFTGREY UR EVIL! U had me looking at everyone frantically to see that huge pin, but to no avail! :( IM GOING TO FIND YOU!!

so, what did you wear softgrey? this weather must have been a pain...

here are some pretty pictures by the sartorialist of what people are wearing at the shows.....(hope it's ok to post these here)

{style.com}

Attachments

• sartorialist1.jpg
    sartorialist1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 4
  • sartorialist4.jpg
    sartorialist4.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 5
  • sartorialist5.jpg
    sartorialist5.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 4
  • sartorialist.jpg
    sartorialist.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 5
Black and browns will be a good thing to wear this season in paris i got myslef a pair of reaaaally high chloe shoes and ysl ankle boots from the last shows which i will be wearing with thick wool tights with big sweaters maybe or simple black dresses and just any coat no make up or hair

What to wear to FW 08 shows

Looks like it's time for another thread like this....:D

what will everyone be wearing this season to shows...?
is is different in each city?...

NYC-London-paris-milan...?

is it different depending on the show?
is it different depending on what time of day the show is?
are good shoes important? a brand new IT bag?...
designer head to toe?....what kind of coat?
just grab vogue and wear all the trends they showed...?
rebel and wear all vintage...?

will you dress up or down?...
subtle or over the top?...

any ideas?...
flowers.gif

and i am NOT talking fantasy here...i am talking REALITY please...
wink.gif

would love to hear some thoughts from people attending or who have previously ...
heart.gif

ok, ok, so i only have the opportunity to attend oslo fashion week, which is, well, tiny, and more of a 'watch and be watched' thing, but i'm probably going to wear my more weirder designer stuff, as it's pretty much the only occasion i get and hopefully look pretty dressed down too.

Fashion Week: What on earth do I wear?

by Lindsay North
Jan

Okay, so the words “Fashion Week” are on all of our tongues and in every fashion-related publication. Normally being assaulted with the phrase this much drives me crazy, and in the past, it has. This year, however, the words are sweet music to my ears because for the first time ever, I will be one of the lucky ladies looking at the runway in person.
Last year, I saw Agyness Deyn buying coffee at some ungodly early hour, presumably on her way to be made up, coiffed and dressed for her bookings that day. This year, I will see models galore. But when faced with the biggest faces and names in fashion … what on earth do I wear?
I have a 9-5 (actually, it’s more like 9-9) job that requires that I dress fairly conservatively. As soon as I get home, I put on sweatpants. And on the weekends, when I’m running around doing the things that I don’t have time to do during the week (like grocery shop, or laundry, or going to the gym), I’m not exactly channelling high fashion. So, I’ve decided to abandon my cardigan-bound reality and put together a few of my dream outfits for my first ever Fashion Week:
fashionweek_outfit1.jpg

1. Spring & Clifton knit slouchy hat, 2. Marc Jacobs Parker Leather Tote in Lilac, 3. Graham & Spencer ‘Amazing’ Wool Coat in black, 4. JoieShoes Mariah Riding Boot in black, 5. David Yurman 18k Modern Cushion Ring, 6. DVF Caden Dress
fashionweek_outfit2.jpg

1. J.Crew Double Cloth Lady Day Coat in deep violet, 2. BCBG Girls Maryann boots in Umber, 3.Ella Moss Corsica Dress in white, 4. Zagliani Metallic Python Bag in Small Champagne
fashionweek_outfit3.jpg

1. Theory Brielle Cashmere Sweater, 2. David Aubrey Filigree Dangly Earrings, 3. Marc Jacobs Patchwork Leather Stam bag , 4. J.Crew Patent Leather Mary Janes in black, 5. Mischen Soiree Mini in Bronze

from my fashion life blog

Ok guys, I hope I posted this in the right forum.

I'm going to a show tomorrow, and will be sitting front row. I have a dress I bought from the designer last spring, its sch a fabulous dress and works great with my 9 month belly. However, someone who works for the designer told me today I shouldnt wear something old and should get a new current dress. Well, I went and found a dress that is cute- very simple and safe from the current season. But I'm in love with the dress from last spring...its more...fashionyy...the new one is nice and feminin and simple...
I'm not a celeb, so does it really matter?!
Will it look too passe? since its not old enough to be vintage...will I look lost? I never care about being current when it comes to what I wear...but maybe in the fashion world its different?

The guys concernis that im front row and might get my picture taken...

Thoughts?

It sounds like he was just trying to get you to buy a new dress...

well, obviously, haha...hes not even here so hes not getting comission off of it...
but what do you think of it in general? okay or not ok?

Personally I think if you love the dress from last Spring (and it sounds like you do) I'd wear that one. You say it's "fabulous" and the one from this season is "safe"...I'd choose fabulous any day :D

I would say wear the last season one that you love. It sounds to me that it is more a testament to the designers work, and therefore will make him look better than something current that is not anything special. PLUS you are pregnant, you get a concession for that. PLUS if you are not a celeb, and will not be heavily photographed, then really you are there because you are a good customer and supporter of the line. Meaning, you do whatever you want, you are actually paying, not borrowing a dress to sit front row then begging for free clothes a week latter.. In short, where the old one!

thanks for you opinions
here are the two
the new is different in that its a cream color and its chiffon
pics from style.com

Attachments

• mj1.jpg
    mj1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 46
  • mj2.jpg
    mj2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 292
I say wear the old ... I'm also not sure how the new one's going to work on you? :huh:

And I already do not like the guy who's pressuring you to buy something else, particularly when you're pregnant & in all likelihood wouldn't be able to wear it again ...

If he wants you to wear something else so badly, let him loan it to you or better give it to you ...

uniq- you should wear whatever the hell you want. :smile:

:lol: I knew it Uniq! I immediately thought of that MJ dress from the Spring when you mentioned an older dress! Rock that sh*t !

yeah I agree. If he's not going to loan it to you because he's 'worried' whatever. Wear what makes you look fab. It's only a fashion victim who thinks they have to wear something from the most recent season or collection being shown. It's someone who's fashion saavy who wears something from a previous season that makes them look GREAT

ok guys! perfect!
I'll post pics before I go!!!
should i do bare legs, grey tights or black tights?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->