What to wear to a fashion show

Whatever your most comfortable in. I would be in favor of grey or bare.

I agree with everyone, if you love it, then wear it. Don't even bother with what others will think/say.

Uniq.

SS07 MJ Dress, Blk Tights, Some Gorgeous Loubs (i Dunno Pick A Pair),nevermind, no coat. Not your huge birkins or HACs please. somehting clutchlike

Last edited by a moderator:
^ totally agree and think it will look AWESOME, its such a fun dress and seems perfect for a 9 month belly... but I would wear a jil sander shoe with the cutout heel instead or something more fun with that dress than a louboutin.

from what i gathered from other threads, you don't want your picture taken anyways, no? so, if you love something, wear it! you can't go wrong with black pumps cause you're not really screaming for attention. MJs S/S 07 sandals for Vuitton (with the round, cutout heels) would look adorable with it, but no black stockings then.

and maybe refrain from carrying a bag by Dior (Lord knows they haven't produced anything covetable lately) cause i read that MJ bitched about Galliano... though, how would i know :lol:

but that Kelly wallet/clutch would go nicely!

thanks giys for all your suggestions!!!
you guys rock!
the smiths- I def wont carry any birkins with it..
street- I dont own anything DIOR...so no worries there!!

I would def wear tights, it's too d**n cold not to :D I'm wearing them myself today, and I'm sure it's gotta be far warmer here than in NYC.

Basically what the guy is saying is that MJ's designs can't hold up a mere year later ... surely that cannot be true B)

ya....it got me thinking about the whole discussion that fashion moves waay too fast...i totally agree...it even has been less than a year since i bought that dress and some people already consider it old...man...i mean give fashion a chance..let it breath!.the whole point of it is the re-wearability of it....

Celebs are given free clothes to wear to the shows (they said they could have loaned me something from spring- but yesterday was too late)..but I think its refreshing when you see someone wearing something that is not that old to be vintage but not brand new either....as someone said, less fashion victimy...

When you pay for expensive clothes..you are paying for longevity....

:lol:

i'd love to agree with you UniQ, but very often expensive brandwear just become the rich man's version of high street looks. very "NOW". no offense though.

IMO pieces with longevity truly come from timeless pieces.

i'd love to agree with you UniQ, but very often expensive brandwear just become the rich man's version of high street looks. very "NOW". no offense though.

exactly my point, timless pieces, when I buy something expensive I buy it because i want it to be timeless....and expensive brandwear doesnt mean its very now....there are tons and tons of brands that offer alot of timeless pieces....not all expensive designers are trendy...and I for one, never waste money on something that isnt timeless...

oh, you can! :lol:

but i would never have my entire wardrobe filled with custom mad stuff (although it's crazy enough that i had a few cashmere zip hoodies made for me :lol:). like everyone says, it's a mix of high and low. besides, i'm young, i got enough time to stuff my closet with more and more tailored pieces.

settled on a bag already? :flower:

Uniq, sorry to reply a little late, but i love that brown silk dress! Would look so gorgeous with tights and an oversized clutch. You'll have to post photos of your final outfit for us :flower:

And how did you score front row tickets you lucky thing? Is it Marc Jacobs?

hope you had a blast uniq..cant wait to see pics of your outfit..:cool:

ok guys I ended up not going- being 9 months pregnant is soo unpredictable..I had alot of contractions (ended up being false ones)...so ihad to stay in bed the whole night :X

Boots- I know the european retail managers at MJ, as well as some others who work for MJ- so I automatically get front row seats- I'm not sure who sat in my seat though...i heard alot of ppl couldnt get it because they were late, about 70% of invitees were in- 30% were late..he started early or something...kinda makes me happy i ended up not going, cuz if i went i would have been late...

sorry to hear you weren't able to make it...glad you're ok though...:flower:

It's an interesting point ... I do have things in my closet from this designer that I consider timeless ...

PS Sorry to hear you weren't able to go after all. I guess your baby is going to be putting in an appearance soon ... very appropriate for her to be born during fashion weeks :wink: It would be cute for her to be a Valentine's baby ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you couldn't make it Uniq! Hope everything runs smoothly from now until baby Uniq arrives :flower:
Ooh, and i'm insanely jealous you get front row at MJ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->