Sponges V Fingertips

Becky_da_da_da

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've heard from some people that its best to use sponges for applying foundation as its more even and easier to do.

Yet, I hear from others that fingers are better as the heat helps melt the foundation into your complexion.

I'm confused!

What do you all do and what do you think is best???

I use fingertips cause i use NARS oil free foundation,and the heat frm the fingers,as you said,helps melt the foundation.

I think it depends on wich foundation u are using :flower:

Yeh I use fingertips cos as I hav also heard it warms to the skins tempurature and i just find it so much easier to spread evenly over my skin

Fingers give a much more natural look and they are more hygienic (if your hands are washed :P ) than sponges.

I always warm up foundation in my hand prior to applying it. Too melt it a bit like Golden_Buterfly said. Foundation is allways better about 15 minutes after you apply it because of the skin that "works" it up. This just fastens up the preocess.
To achieve a perfect look, don´t forget to use a bit translucent powder with a powder puff, just to set the foundation.

:flower:

I either use a foundation brush (Trish McEvoy #43) or my fingers

I don't use foundation... but when I put concealer, I use my fingers :smile:

depends on the foundation.

i use a foundation brush or my fingertips because:
sometimes find - depending on the foundation - sponges difficult to work with...
and always find - regardless of the foundation - sponges absorb and waste the product.
(Revlon cream (i forget the name) is the only foundation that i always used the sponge with).

i use a foundation brush on occasion, but i found i like the way the finish looks if i use my fingertips over a sponge.

I dont use my fingers or a sponge, I only use brushes I find they work the best for blending.

I usually use brushes, I find it much easier with them than with sponges.

no foundation whatsoever, just concealer with a brush and then tap, tap, tap with fingers.

Okay..so most of you use your finger tips..
What if you have Acne-prone skin such as I?
My dermatologist says finger tips are a no no esp. if you have acne..it brings on all that bacteria on your face which can cause breakouts.
So my best bet is either a sponge or a foundation brush.

fingers...put it on a sponge and it's gone b4 u put it to ur face...therefore leading it to gettin loaded with foundation and gettin a funny foundation smell after a few days....mmmm.

:S

I prefer to use a brush, myself

I never apply foundation with my fingers... too messy... :doh:

I don't own any foundation but I use a brush for my concealer. Brush is the way to go I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->