spring/summer 06 jewelry trend preview

have you been waving a magic wand into the future to see something we havent?
we're on a/w05 at the moment......2006 is a million miles away!

:unsure: i think it will still be earthy and less jewerly being pilled on. i also think that there still will be glitzy stuff out there as well and ppl. will mix the two

he/she probably means '05??
if so i really like the jewelry that is out right now.. i cant get enough of long beaded necklaces <3

Acid said:
......2006 is a million miles away!

little you know dear acid.. ss05 is only hmmm lets say two months away
(for all of us in the industry that is :P )

*ss06, i'm feeling long 'anarchic' customised one-off necklaces a-la-Marni/Prada
*i believe accessories will be BIG, in both size and trend,
much more now with the rise of neo-minimalism, but they need to be
'unexpected', handmade/artisanal AND a bit theatrical :ninja:

Lena said:
little you know dear acid.. ss05 is only hmmm lets say two months away
(for all of us in the industry that is :P )

*ss06, i'm feeling long 'anarchic' customised one-off necklaces a-la-Marni/Prada
*i believe accessories will be BIG, in both size and trend,
much more now with the rise of neo-minimalism, but they need to be
'unexpected', handmade/artisanal AND a bit theatrical :ninja:

Thx Lena, (i m working in the industry 2)
I'm thinking of the ribbon-wrapped bangle as Costume National, and i can see the trend of "unique" and handcrafty look too... also, the mixtures of materials such as wood beads with plastic beads/ textile....

For some reason.. I predict a lot of shell jewelry.. call me crazy. :P

Luna said:
For some reason.. I predict a lot of shell jewelry.. call me crazy. :P
Me too. I got this egg in Mexico that's made of shell it's silver but it looks like oil spilled on it cause it's lots of colors at different angles. Im not one to design jewelry, when I get my own show Id rather borrow some fine jewelry than have costume. I suppose that earth look might stay. I do love pearls and big *** bangles. Earring-wise I like drop earrings quite a bit.

Im thinking of S/S 06 already, I keep thinking the clock is ticking away till S/S 06 but then I realize it's April. Im so over F/W 05 and S/S 05 was almost a year ago im my mind...Now I know why some designers dress like they're insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasa said:
I'm thinking of the ribbon-wrapped bangle as Costume National, and i can see the trend of "unique" and handcrafty look too... also, the mixtures of materials such as wood beads with plastic beads/ textile....

you are welcome Sasa

*a CN neck version is posted in our africa topic, those are real nice but maybe not too original, they already make waves this summer..
imo the CN ones are the strongest 'mainstream designer' accessorie statement for ss05

*think also of turn of the century.. 1890's reworked looks seem to be really coming up (both in a uniform/labour/utility and in romantic versions)

this was Premiere Vision's only 'fresh' new fabric direction for ss06, so..

are we talking mass market or high end...wond mass market basically be a trickle down of what we're seeing on more fashion forward runways now...?

i think i'll be bored and sick of all that stuff being mentioned by NEXT spring...since i've been wearing it for a season or so already...and will most likely do it all of this season...

i need to think of something else...just not sure what...maybe that 'romantic' stuff lena talks about...like lacy 'crochet' or embroidered accessories...collars, scarves, etc...lots of jet beads like rosaries (a la ysl and demeulemeester a/w 05/06 and )...
that's starting to sound good...

softgrey said:
are we talking mass market or high end...wond mass market basically be a trickle down of what we're seeing on more fashion forward runways now...?

today's mass market moves with the speed of light..
this season's 'high market trends' are already in the highstreet,
so basically for next summer they will evolve on the most commercial
winter trends, with a tiny 'unexpected' trend story

this 'unexpected trend' -for ss06- should/could be 1890's industrial era inspired looks , but with a huge creative twist.. thats if the trend forecast agencies work they way they should be... in anycase, nostalgia goes deeper into the timetunnel, but africa/tribal cultures will also stay influencial for creating some kind of esthetic 'balance' and diversity

You are talking about 'romantic' look made me think of CdG AW05/06:-)

EDIT:
Oops, sorry, it was about jewelery:-)

ngth, actually the trend lead could easily take us back to CDG ss05..
but its not focused on romantic, its been focused on turn of the century,
think industrial revolution and everyday looks of that period (1880-90)

actually, there is no distinction on trends, on garments/accessories lines,
even make up, decoration, cars, industrial design
everything gets influenced by the same socio-esthetic moods, its holistic

Lena said:
today's mass market moves with the speed of light..
this season's 'high market trends' are already in the highstreet,
so basically for next summer they will evolve on the most commercial
winter trends, with a tiny 'unexpected' trend story

this 'unexpected trend' -for ss06- should/could be 1890's industrial era inspired looks , but with a huge creative twist.. thats if the trend forecast agencies work they way they should be... in anycase, nostalgia goes deeper into the timetunnel, but africa/tribal cultures will also stay influencial for creating some kind of esthetic 'balance' and diversity

lena...i don't really understand what the 'industrial era' means?...:huh:

but as far as mass market..i know that the knock-offs are in the stores right away these days...but it still seems to me that the 'masses' don't actually really start wearing things en masse for a couple of seasons...

for example..the wedge that is happeneing so big this season...i feel like we saw hints of it here and there for a couple of seasons at some of the leading houses...but now suddenly it's EVERYWHERE...same with the whole boho trend...we would see it here and there...but now it's flooded the market...

you know what i mean?...i'm talking about what i'm actually seeing on the streets, and not necessarily the streets of nyc...but in more mainstream parts of the country and in suburbs....where they are still a bit slow to catch on to trends...and where the masses are...

hasn't anyone else noticed this?...

:flower:

the idustrial era was in the late 1800's, with the factories, modernazation....

I an deffinetly see a romantic mood coming up , especiall after A/W 2006.

The 'handmade' style necklaces have been around for a while, I think, sens last summer.

industrial revolution era softie... think late 1800's the rise of the working class, the begining of 'industrialisation' factory building, mass production, industry rising, birth of labour rights/parties etc

as for success/seasons delay of mass market trends, for me its mainly an urban thing.. and urban-ly high fashion and mass market are certaimly browsing shoulders in our fast mass production days.
most new trends are already worn by a majority of people, its what it is in the stores, so they dont have too many choices.. eg. the folk and the african trends of this summer.. or wedges & espandrilles which are stimultaneously in their pick popularity both for 'high' and mass market

statistically, even countryside consumers catch up much earlier than they used to.. (web shopping etc)

i get what the industrial era is interms of factories...and whatever...but what do the 'fashions' look like?...and especially the accessories?...
i think of industrial as the 30's/40's in the US...world warI i guess...

1890's ?..isn't that high collars and long skirts...is it cameos?...shawlsa?....
wasn't that a mix of cars and horse and buggy still...?

oh, i agree that the masses catch on much faster than before lena...no question...but i still see a lag time...but you know the US in general has never been especially fashion forward...so maybe they take longer than some other places to try new things and to experiment...i think teenagers are the most experimental and the most open to new trends...but that's probably true everywhere...but most americans dress pretty conservatively...and more for practicality than for fashion...

for example..you know those tunic style tops so many of us have been wearing...from thailand and such?...well...old navy (huge US mass market chain) is seriously promoting them as 'the hot thing' for summer...i got sick of mine at least a year ago (probably longer than that)...same thing with babydoll or 'empire' waist tops...i used to have to search high and low for this style..but now it's pretty much mainstream...but this is at least 2 years or more since i got my empire ysl top...and my babydoll balenciaga...

h&m and zara might have all the designer knock offs...but h&m and zara are only in major cities...old navy is EVERYWHERE!!!...:lol:....and this country is HUGE...it's easy to foget how big it is really...it takes awhile for trends to reach the middle states and become absorbed...but those are the 'masses'...at least for us in the US...

like with the pashmina...everyone in ny had a pashmina...about a year later...my relatives who live in the suburbs were all wanting a pashmina...they are behind us by about a year...and they don't live more than an hour or two from manhattan...it's interesting...i've been keeping track..and it's usually about a year behind i think...maybe 2 yrs if you're further away from either coast...

If were talking about '05 - I really like the jewelry trend. I love how it's going back to more natural and wooden accesories. I'm guessing some people are getting tired of the neon colored plastic 80's thing that was all over. I haven't decided yet, I like to switch between the two. One day plastic '80s the next wooden '05.

But, if we're talking about '06 I'm looking towards a more classic look. Maybe a little old victorian. Metals. Stones. I don't know. That's only what I'm hoping for since that's where I've begun to lean towards.

<3 Me.

softgrey said:
i get what the industrial era is interms of factories...and whatever...but what do the 'fashions' look like?...and especially the accessories?...
i think of industrial as the 30's/40's in the US...world warI i guess...

1890's ?..isn't that high collars and long skirts...is it cameos?...shawlsa?....
wasn't that a mix of cars and horse and buggy still...?

oh, i agree that the masses catch on much faster than before lena...no question...but i still see a lag time...but you know the US in general has never been especially fashion forward...so maybe they take longer than some other places to try new things and to experiment...i think teenagers are the most experimental and the most open to new trends...but that's probably true everywhere...but most americans dress pretty conservatively...and more for practicality than for fashion...

for example..you know those tunic style tops so many of us have been wearing...from thailand and such?...well...old navy (huge US mass market chain) is seriously promoting them as 'the hot thing' for summer...i got sick of mine at least a year ago (probably longer than that)...same thing with babydoll or 'empire' waist tops...i used to have to search high and low for this style..but now it's pretty much mainstream...but this is at least 2 years or more since i got my empire ysl top...and my babydoll balenciaga...

h&m and zara might have all the designer knock offs...but h&m and zara are only in major cities...old navy is EVERYWHERE!!!...:lol:....and this country is HUGE...it's easy to foget how big it is really...it takes awhile for trends to reach the middle states and become absorbed...but those are the 'masses'...at least for us in the US...

like with the pashmina...everyone in ny had a pashmina...about a year later...my relatives who live in the suburbs were all wanting a pashmina...they are behind us by about a year...and they don't live more than an hour or two from manhattan...it's interesting...i've been keeping track..and it's usually about a year behind i think...maybe 2 yrs if you're further away from either coast...

I don't think it's that were necessarily behind. It's just that at different times a country likes a certain look. Besides, every fashion is usually recycled. If you liked the tunic 2 years ago, maybe it's just being recycled again.

I just think that every country has a taste for something at a certain time. No one is necessarily behind each other.

Just my opinion. Because when we start comparing fashion sense between countries it can get a little heated. And I wouldn't want that to happen.

<3 me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->