Steampunk - NY Times article

You can't be true steampunk without having a moustache like the guy in the third picture in the post above ^_^
Aski Kataski seamingl has some nice steampunk outfits. Don't want to steal the picture since I found them in a blog which named tfs as the source, which would get us all pretty confused. But I saw them in this blog: http://professionally-trendy.blogspot.com/
:smile:

love this.. it's like finding a wooden computer
very cute & interesting

thanks for the thread, melt !

hoping it will influence fashion + decor trends in general
it's a new sense of this mixing of old and new
for some time now,
it seemed more about taking something old and simplifying/'modernizing' it
but here it's taking something contemporary and making it old :smile: but without distressing it physically

I thought that the article also suits softgrey's comments on the aski kataski thread...
it seems that fashion can be a part of this too...!

hmm...we have a steam punk thread in trendspotting...
merge...????

by all means... I searched for something relevant but didn't find anything!

i think it's because you make it two words...:wink:

love this.. it's like finding a wooden computer

or even better; a steampunk laptop!

datamancerlaptop-open.jpg

datamancerlaptop-foot.jpg

{source: datamancer.com - see more pictures and video of the wonder here}

this link does not seem to lead anywhere.....\
:unsure:

sorry! he's a comic book artist who did a book called 'steampunks', that is a cult hit because it really defined and hit a chord with those who have been in on this trend for quite some time. it's a big sci-fi, comic book type trend that's been around for a long time.

bachalo is one of the more well know contributors, along with the book 'the league of extrodinary gentlemen' which the movie was based on a comic book. there's a lot of comic book referance for this trend. they sorta go hand in hand...the final fantasy video game series as well.

havent seen this look in the uk yet but i love it .. its fab i kidna dont get how its punk though tbh ?? maybe thats jsut me being nieve .. I would love to see more pics as this is not something ive seen in the uk b4

/\ the punk part comes in because there are a lot of leather and studs and somewhat goth elements...the pics posted aren't the best representation of this style. let me see if i can find more...

Last edited by a moderator:
i like some single pieces but some people just over-do it...sorry it looks hideous

Thought I'd breath some life into this thread!
Some great fashion-steampunking at flick here
- by Kat Bret

flickr is not letting me hotlink these, but take a look, lots of goodies!

wow. i really like this trend. super hot on guys... those pictures of the gorgeous girls almost make them look gothic.
1247327536_0f39fb604e.jpg

credit:katbret

we have a lot of this fashion here in new orleans but it's more sloppy. but i like it when it's put together.

The video game Bioshock comes to mind, which utilizes a strange old-world approach to futuristic technology (eg. administering gene therapy via a big brass hypodermic needle). It's primarily Art Deco in style. There are so many parallels to draw between that time and the current energy surrounding new technology.

bioshock-20060829080014289_640w.jpg

bioshock-20060829080003743_640w.jpg

bioshock-20061222104414743_640w.jpg

bioshock-20060512110625977_640w.jpg

bioshock-20070607110549728_640w.jpg

ign.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member