Stefano Pilati - Designer

Not sure who asked for it cause Random Identities is already a brand that doesn‘t quite hit a chord with anyone and I‘m not sure how many men want to dress like an increasingly more 'eccentric-granddad-in-heels'-looking Pilati.

I’d rather they had just continued re-issueing from Narciso Rodriguez' archive.

idc id still buy it 😍 a capsule collection is not as bad as going from cd of givenchy to uniqlo... i mean...
To be fair it's not like she left a good imprint on Givenchy just lackluster at best .....Jil Sander did it with uniqlo Lemaire did collections ...steady income is great as a CD of any brand from the creative teams your the highest earner in the company.

Both has its place in the landscape of fashion overproduction of clothes and items.

I’m excited or maybe I should say intrigued to see his Zara capsule tbh. Hopefully it’s better than his fendi which you could not pay me to wear as it was a complete bomb.

ive always found a few pieces here and there from random identities to incorporate into my wardrobe.

If the quality of execution is the same as Zara Atelier, I may buy something…
Kudos to him to have managed to create some sort of excitement around a news that would have been a non-event normally.

Taking advantage of the grey area around the creative directors at houses put his name back of the fashion crowd’s lips.

And I’m sure Marta paid very well!

Ok let’s see it. I don’t want to wait until October. Not because I’m going to be up all night every night of September with excitement…more because I’m really done with all this hoopla in fashion about this designer leaving, that designer MAYBE getting hired, this designer doing a collab, that designer relaunching…

Enough. Just show me the clothes and shut up. All of you.

So the campaign will star a model that he chose for one of his YSL campaigns, one of the most famous… good for them if you ask me

If that's the case, I don't want to see Naomi (Fall 2008) or Maria Carla (Fall 2006, Spring 2012)
They are everywhere now
Even Kate (Spring 2008) or Christy (Fall 2009) would me very sleepy
I rather see Karen Elson (Spring 2006, Spring 2007) or Claudia (Spring 2009) or Natalia Vodianova (Spring 2010)

If that's the case, I don't want to see Naomi (Fall 2008) or Maria Carla (Fall 2006, Spring 2012)
They are everywhere now
Even Kate (Spring 2008) or Christy (Fall 2009) would me very sleepy
I rather see Karen Elson (Spring 2006, Spring 2007) or Claudia (Spring 2009) or Natalia Vodianova (Spring 2010)
Don't forget Raquel (Fall 2011)!

Lmao. None of those 😝
Lamo
Sorry not sorry but the Gisele ad from 2007 was forgettable, also Linda only had one pic from 2006
I guess they fit 'one of the most famous'
They made me sleepy already
I’d rather have Devon, Arizona Muse, Tanya D or Snejana (but that's just my silly wishful thinking)

Tbh this is sort of a coup for Zara, knowing how well Pilati chooses fabrics and cuts. Let's hope the production will be at least decent.. As a longtime fan of his, I am glad some of it will be more widely available, but I also kinda wish he paired with a brand that is less exploitative/more in line with the values he has been speaking about in recent years. This way, it seems like he's acknowledging that in order to stay relevant, one has to be a part of the very system he tried to challenge via Random Identities :stuart: I do hope the current interest in his work/stylistic preferences will lead to him being appointed at a major house - I see him as Armani's ultimate successor, but I'd also live for him taking over Celine after Slimane, it would make for a hilarious full-circle story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->