Stefano Pilati Leaving Ermenegildo Zegna

I'd like to see him take over at Armani. Wasn't that a rumor when he left YSL?

He can keep doing the chic bourgeois wherever He wants but not at Balenciaga, please.

NOOOOOO why are they doing this to me, his work for agnona has been perfect, and i was hoping they'd actually end up doing runways shows, im so disappointed

Such a shame ! He's one of my absolute favourite womenswear designers. I'm glad he remains at Zegna but I thought his work at Agnona was stronger.

I loved him at agnona. I do want him to continue women's wear.
I don't think he'll go back to Kering anytime soon, they don't have the best history together and it just seems like they don't treat their designers too well. I wonder if there will be spots opening up soon at other houses

Stefano is such an odd designer to me: He's very much Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. His work for YSL women's can be so hideous while the menswear for the same label can be so achingly stunning. His work at Agnona is beyond lush, while his menswear for Zegna is consistently fuddy-duddy tepidness at best.

His designs for Agnona were so unique, refined, extremely sophisticated and unpretentiously artisanal in every manner. Such a shame he won't be evolving such modern, timeless designs now.

Zegna on the other hand, is so consistently poor-- like ill-fitting mall clothes copying that Armani style of the late-80s/ early-90s without the Armani lushness; it's hard for me to believe it's the same man designing for Agnona.

I wish he was able to remain at Agnona and dumped Zegna instead.

Darn, his work at Agnona was truly riveting. At least he's still at Zegna, as he's turned that show into a top performer on the men's circuit.

Stefano is such an odd designer to me: He's very much Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. His work for YSL women's can be so hideous while the menswear for the same label can be so achingly stunning. His work at Agnona is beyond lush, while his menswear for Zegna is consistently fuddy-duddy tepidness at best.

His designs for Agnona were so unique, refined, extremely sophisticated and unpretentiously artisanal in every manner. Such a shame he won't be evolving such modern, timeless designs now.

Zegna on the other hand, is so consistently poor-- like ill-fitting mall clothes copying that Armani style of the late-80s/ early-90s without the Armani lushness; it's hard for me to believe it's the same man designing for Agnona.

You said it all. He is a very talented designer but i think his approach to womenswear is a little bit too intellectual/serious and sometimes a bit pretentious.
YSL wasn't about that at all. And even if he was ahead of his time with his the whole minimalist/cold aesthetic, it wasn't needed at YSL.
His menswear was glorious and playful while serious. His last menswear for YSL is still one of the best menswear collection of the last 5 years.

Zegna is maybe too serious/restrictive in terms of menswear and at the same time, Agnona wasn't enough visible. No catwalk show, no celebrities wearing the clothes, no editors wearing the clothes.

He can do Bottega Veneta and Hermes. Those two brands represents perfectly the type of customers he seems to be into these days.

It seems like he does best when given more creative freedom and put under less pressure, which may be why agnona was better than ysl

Apparently he is working on a personal womenswear project.

More intriguingly, WWD suggests that Pilati is going to be "pursuing other personal projects" in womenswear in addition to his duties at Zegna, where he presented his first men's collection in 2013. That's certainly something we'll be keeping on our radar.

Fashionista.com

Its true that his work at zegna cant be compared to the level of intricacy that YSL men collections used to have, but to me, his work at zegna is as discreet as rich (in everything, materials, construction, ideas).

i really like Stefano, but he's having such a hard time generating buzz and sales...

I completely agree. I loved his work at Agnona but they really failed to create any form of buzz around his work there -- let alone generate sales...

Isn't it a little coincidental that Alexander's contract is under review just as Stefano leaves Agnona?

^^^^When Hannah MacGibbon was leaving Chloé, she said that she's going to work on her personal projects. Now she's nowhere. I don't want the same for Stefano, but I don't think that he'll go to Balenciaga, it's impossible. And I can remember what happened at YSL. Donna Karan line is suspended and they could look for another designer in the future, but it's not his kind of taste. At the same time I don't think he's ready for his own line. I don't know what to think about this.

Ah, such frustrating news. I need Pilati's womenswear in my life!

Could you imagine if he went to Balenciaga? :woot: If not, just give him some brand with identity struggles. Give him anything, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->