Student issues & problems

Monkiwrensh

Reaction score
Does anybody else feel the same?

Hey. I just want to post this to see if anybody else feels the same or is going through the same sort of situation as myself.

Basically, I'm from the UK and went to university from college and studied Economics and Finance turning down doing Fashion Design which was my main interest. Anyway I dropped out after the second year of uni and transferred onto a Fashion Buying degree, going straight into the second year of that. I'm currently doing this in my second year but I'm just so frustrated.

I'm studying in Manchester but almost every other month or so I'm going to London doing work placements with various fashion projects down there that I've found off my own back. Now, I've just become so frustrated with being in Manchester and desperately want to move to London where I feel people are more on my wave length and share the same sort of creative visions. This is doubled with the fact that I don't necessarily want to get into buying. I really want to be creative and express my ideas and thoughts within some capacity in the fashion industry. In my spare time I am constantly updating my portfolio and it seems all I ever do is illustrate my sketchbooks or work on something creative.

My heart is telling me to just move to London but my brain is reminding me that if I did I would be leaving uni (again) and going with no job or money etc. Ha. I've looked about for job opportunities in the industry but unless I'm actually down there networking and getting involved in stuff it's unlikely I'll find something I'd enjoy. So it's a viscous circle. I wouldn't mind starting entry level somewhere, just something that keeps my creativity occupied. I was thinking of applying to LCF or St Martins but I definately would not be able to afford to start uni for a third time over!!!

Hmm anyway just a rant and I know I've gone on for ages, but it's just getting to the point where I so passionately want to move there and get involved in the industry that it is taking over my life slightly!! ha.

Anyone else kind of the same or been through a situation like this that has any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->