Style's Most Clicked Collections

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

from wwd :flower:

Donna Karan at 15th? hmm serves her right this time
    Rodriguez at 16th? is it a change of guard?
    Mark was predictably at the top
    i wish i could see fresher names up there, eg Tess G. , As Four

2. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

This was really good to know. I always wanted to know about that. (who was popular). It kinda ticks me off that Marc is first, but good for him. I, like you, would like to see much fresher names on this list.

3. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Wow, 1,4 million clicks, never thought that so many people would visit these websites. This is fun to know :smile:

4. cosmocat

cosmocat Active Member

I would be interested in seeing the results once Paris Fashion Week is finished. Probably still be Marc Jacobs!
    Sometimes I look at shows not because I like them but because I know they will be popular or something.

5. Theory

Theory New Member

I wonder if these numbers are unique IP hits or just the total number of hits. Someone could easily go back to the same collection on numerous occassions. I don't think it is a surprise that MJ is at the top, sadly.

6. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

I would imagine the reason these names are on top is because there are a lot of people that visit style.com who don't really know a lot about fashion they probably know the names of the really mainstream labels and therefore they click on them the most... and of course perhaps buddhist punk because people want to see what's behind the silly name

just my $.02

7. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Partly. But the majority of the time Style.com is always doing their own PR for the more superior in their eyes. In that,they're always enticing people with the provocative writings and front page news & graphics,rather than giving a genuine and honest assesment and letting people choose at their own will.

I mean,half of those listed were indeed shown on the opening page so why wouldn't they be most clicked?

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

fact is that this is what people wanted to 'spend time in' while at style.com... all the rest is just speculation.

i know people here almost hate Mark Jacobs, but Mark IS popular and sells like water.. so, start appreciating the fact that he's hugely commercial without being vile, ignorant or sluttish