Successful models not on social media

Sam12

Reaction score
Lately the fashion world is filled with models using social media(instagram, snapchat, etc.) to better advance their careers. A successful model these days is judged more so by the number of followers he/she has than by their talent.
Are there any successful models left that are not on social media?

I can only think of Edita Vilkeviciute.

I can also think of Daria Werbowy, but she is selective when it comes to work. I still consider her successful though.

Julia Nobis is insanely successful in gf with no social media

Guinevere Van Seenus calls herself a "social media mute." Kristen McMenamy, Shalom Harlow, Natasa Vojnovic, Amanda Wallsh, Stella Tennant, and Annne Catherine Lacroix don't appear to have a social media presence.

Unfortunately it seems only older models who have been around for at least a decade can get away with it. Julia Nobis is an exception. I think it makes someone a lot more interesting when they keep their life to themselves.

I'm happy to find a topic like this ! I'm getting tired of all that social media attention for models :wacko: The number of followers has never meant talent ! I really prefer "quiet" but gifted girls :smile: Many young catwalkers have accounts but are not omnipresent like Kendall or Gigi.

Daria W. has an account although is not your "usual" model account. No duck faces nor 89769060708 selfies a day. :angel:

Yeah, I can only think of Edita and Julia. And the older models but I don't think they can be considered into this group as they are more of "cult models" and do very selective work.

Guinevere Van Seenus calls herself a "social media mute." Kristen McMenamy, Shalom Harlow, Natasa Vojnovic, Amanda Wallsh, Stella Tennant, and Annne Catherine Lacroix don't appear to have a social media presence.

Unfortunately it seems only older models who have been around for at least a decade can get away with it. Julia Nobis is an exception. I think it makes someone a lot more interesting when they keep their life to themselves.

Kristen and Shalom have got the accounts.

Helena Christensen refuses to use any social media including Insta.

Edita's tumblr says thatshe doesn thave twitter or Instagram does that mean that she owns that particular tumblr? How does Helena promote her photography without any social media?

I think it either was edita/agent that confirmed it that she doesn't do social media .Helena is a supermodel with a large network and she must have an agent that is getting her these bookings.

But how are people going to see her works? Thats a huge market missed IMO any model or human for that matter that plans to become an enterpreneur/ service provider in this age really needs social media

Can we also discuss the models that DO have social media accounts but are clearly private people & completely disinterested:unsure:?? I've wondered if those models are being convinced to by agents (or their agents setup these accounts themselves) to advance their careers/brand:judge:

Benjamin Eidem and Anna Selezneva comes to mind.

But how are people going to see her works? Thats a huge market missed IMO any model or human for that matter that plans to become an enterpreneur/ service provider in this age really needs social media

:lol: Yeah how did people get work before social media?

Models, stylists, photographers, etc. are most likely not looking to become entrepreneurs. They are represented by reputable agencies that usually have websites that showcase their work to potential clients, who are the people who really matter when it comes to procuring paid work. Word of mouth and simply seeing the person's work through print and online photos has and continues to be the main way of making a name for oneself.

The number of followers has never meant talent !

I think you're clearly underestimating the amount of "talent, skills" one needs in order to generate interest around them and create a good [loyal] follower-base (especially on difficult media like Instagram).

People tend to forget that for every 1 successful account (10 000+ using the industry's standard), there are quadruple to quintuple times more fails (certainly even more depending on the SNS used).

Actually, for one of my course in masters, I'm doing a comparative analysis, using fashion, and between fashion models, bloggers etc. on social media as a tool to climb the social ladder for generation 2.0... I haven't really finished but that previous paragraph was the first thing that stood out and that people DO tend to forget.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Yeah how did people get work before social media?

Models, stylists, photographers, etc. are most likely not looking to become entrepreneurs. They are represented by reputable agencies that usually have websites that showcase their work to potential clients, who are the people who really matter when it comes to procuring paid work. Word of mouth and simply seeing the person's work through print and online photos has and continues to be the main way of making a name for oneself.

Before social media people watched tv more, read print media more etc. If one is paying an agency to do their social media duties you might as well consider yourself to be on social media. You mentioned online photos which comes back to social media. I think in 2015 its difficult to avoid social media, its like the people that first rejected computers and stuck to their typewriters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->