Sufjan Stevens

scblonndie

my loves a pony.
Reaction score
I searched and didn't find a thread on him, but I love him. I always liked Seven Swans, but I bought Illinois today and am in love with it! Anyone else like him?:blush:

Love him!!! He's definitely one of my favorite artists out right now. If you don't have it already, definitely check out the Michigan album as well. It's as sad as Illinois is triumphant.

me too ^_^ I have his latest album Come on feel the ..:heart: It's a very important album to me.

All you had to do was check the album of the day thread, because he's in there about 100 times! :lol: :heart:

Love love :heart: Sufjan Stevens! I have all three of his albums. The Michigan album is my fave with Illinois a close second. I can't wait to get all his 50 state CD's (that's if he completes them all.......:ninja:)

susie_bubble said:
Love love :heart: Sufjan Stevens! I have all three of his albums. The Michigan album is my fave with Illinois a close second. I can't wait to get all his 50 state CD's (that's if he completes them all.......:ninja:)

He has more than 3 albums. :P

But i only have 3 of his albums as well. From what i've read about his first it sounds kinda strange. I'll get it one day though, i'm sure.

So what state should he do next!? If he stays in the general area, i'd go with Wisconson. I mean, how boring would an album about Ohio be!? :wink: But my ultimate choice would be Georgia - i'd love to hear what he'd do with that state.

Idaho?

Does he have others??? Hmm...probs no avail amazon.co.uk then
Must check them out.

I looked it up, and he has two albums that i don't have: A Sun Came, which i think is his first and is folky and Enjoy Your Rabbit, which is an instrumental electronica concept album. Does anyone here have these? Are they worthwhile?

he's awesome.. i absolutely love To Be Alone With You... his voice is so pretty!

BEST song title EVER : A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in which Sufjan Stevens has an existential crisis in the GREAT GODFREY MAZE

!:D

You guys should check out his song on the Rubber Soul anniversary tribute - "What Goes On". Somehow he took the Ringo song and did something special with it. He completely deconstructed the song, but it's all still there and reworked amazingly! (unlike the Fiery Furnaces and their masacre of "Norwegian Wood" :innocent: )

Illinois was selected as the #1 album of the year by NPR listeners. Yay, Sufjan! :clap: :clap: :clap:

He relaxes me when i put on his music. Its alright, but its missing that extra something to become a favourite and heavy rotation in my playlist.

bleuFunk said:
I looked it up, and he has two albums that i don't have: A Sun Came, which i think is his first and is folky and Enjoy Your Rabbit, which is an instrumental electronica concept album. Does anyone here have these? Are they worthwhile?

I haven't heard Enjoy Your Rabbit, but I've heard A Sun Came and I love it. Some beautiful songs on that album, like "Jason" and "A Loverless Bed". Illinois is my favorite album, maybe I'm a little biased because I'm from there, but it's amazing. "Casimir Pulaski Day" and "Jacksonville" are my two favorites. I have no idea what the next state is, but I'm looking forward to it.

strawberry daiquiri said:
All you had to do was check the album of the day thread, because he's in there about 100 times! :lol: :heart:
aye.

i like him but i've never been too crazy about his music.

Well, i think he's the bees knees. I :heart: both of the "state" albums so, so much. I will admit that i find Seven Swans less than stellar - just a little too somber and mellow for me. Plus, i find his religiousity a little off-putting. :doh:

But the "state" albums are so majestic and beautiful. I really don't know of many others who are doing anthemic music like that. (Though i'd love to know of more if they exist!) ^_^

Sad news... :(

I had to say, I was SO disappointed by him because I was such a big fan. He likes making music, but says he's going to take a big break from it. He's the anti-artist and very uninterested in keeping up as a musician. He wants to write or work on a book for the next couple of years. He doesn't get the whole fan thing nor does he see or pay attention to any of the accolades and props he's getting. He said he got tired of his big theme shows and is doing the Time Warner center performance sans costumes). He's glad to distance himself from all of that for a long while.

- stereogum.com

!!!

He has 48 more CDs to make!

just kidding... i guess everybody needs a break...

by the way, he would make a great writer if he follows through with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->