Sufjan Stevens

Wow, that is sad! And disappointing. And surprising. Some of that he brought on himself, to be honest.

There's an interesting interview on NPR where he talked about his aspirations as a writer, and mentioned that music was something he hadn't considered seriously.

just as I had discovered him

HRRRRRRMPH, things always working out like that, isn't it?

one of the artists i sang all day today...and almost sang on the bus :ninja:

Im still waiting for the next 48 states. I dont think he can take a "break". We all know that taking break means quitting.

Oh, im taking a break form music......which really means im just having an excuse to do other things, as i plan to never come back to it.

:ermm:

^ :( I know, I really hope it doesn't end up that way. I really wanted to hear what he'd do with the other states! I just hope this "break" doesn't last too long.. Last year he had done really well, I kept hearing so many people calling Illinois one of the best albums of the year.

no, you can't take a "break" sufjan! what about us! :cry:

I'm surprised he'd say he doesn't take writing music seriously, since he is so talented at it. I'm interested to see the output of something he does take seriously.

I freaking love him. At first I didn't like how it was so slow but now thats all I listen to. <3. sigh.

I drive my boyfriend crazy listening to Sujan so much. I can't get enough of his music!

I love Seven Swans, and the Christmas EPs are great too!

love sufjan stevens...his music is so haunting, but in a good way...

I've only just discovered him! From a song used on The OC!:innocent:

I'm waiting for 'Greetings from Michigan' to arrive at my door, but I'm sure I will love the rest of the album.

^^I also discovered him on the O.C! it's not a shame, they have great music on the show! I think it was "To be alone with you"

^:lol: Thanks fairy. I know The OC has great music, I've found a lot of bands that way. Just wished I'd found him sooner!

I can't remember the title of the track but it was played at Johnny's funeral. It's just a spine-tingling song.:heart:

I recieved the album today! Wow!:woot: I love it! It's the track 'For the widows in paradise, for the fatherless in ypsilanti' that I adore.:heart:

Never heard of him. What kind of music does he do? Is he like Damien Rice (OC connection)?

Corso said:
Never heard of him. What kind of music does he do? Is he like Damien Rice (OC connection)?

Yup. He did a song featured on the OC called "To Be Alone With You", which IMO, dosen't do him justice. I would classify him as alternative folk.:wink:

I also discovered him on the OC. "To Be Alone With You" is such a beautiful song...I need to get his CD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->