Sweatercoats

erm the olsen twins are quite big fans... other than that i dont kow that id wear one - but then again it depends where u live i guess - live in a warm climate and am very picky with coats because i buy so very few so its up to u! <3

I already have one (not a great one IMO) and so if they're not totally out of fashion I might post a pic in the Wear or Donate thread then...

they are huge over here.. long knit coats is the only kind of coat a 15-17 year girl ever wears, very highschool chic

fact is they've been around as a street trend since fw 04-05 but i cant see them getting out of fashion.. at least where i come from, it's like a school uniform

I adore sweatercoats... when they're properly made so they don't frump out. My faves are from Rick Owens & Blumarine some time back...

(firstview.com & bwgreyscale.com)

i like the ones by D&G, the white & black striped
i think they look great as a mini dress/sweater

girls here wear them always over street/buggy or slightly flared trousers

and they often have a matching knit hood :wink:

I want to try one, possibly in the way Carmen Kass is wearing it.... soft and romantic...

love them, been wearing them for about ever, don't plan on stopping any time soon :P

i love the drapiness, and they layer so nicely with pretty scarves, knit dresses with interesting textured tights, etc.

i think the key with these is the fiber (no acrylic, please) and the neckline (something soft and interesting to frame your face, or "structured" and seamed).

here the latest version from Maz Azria fw06.07 catwalk.. they are here to stay ...
00450m.jpg

from style.com

hmm some of these are quite nice.. may have changed my perspective - i was going along the lines of really long cardi ala MK as in a size 23 cardi just worn or belted :smile: but again i dont think id buy this as one of my 'jackets' this yr so i will have to just imagine combinations lol

I have a bitter relationship with sweatercoats.... ...i grew up seeing my mom wearing them all the time and I hated them so much... I don't know if I would wear them now..... although I find them ok..... (not the ones above though, they are a bit too boring for my taste)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->