Sweatercoats

style_savy

Reaction score
37650500007ox.jpg
xlindsayjake051305036xr.jpg

I've seen a few celebs wearing these now. They could be the next trend or maybe they're already big wherever you live. Hope no one else has started a thread on these. I actually really like the idea.

i'm just hoping that the same suburbanites who bought "heiress" tees will buy housecoats...possibly wear them together? just when you think this whole era of let's-suck-the-glamour-out-of-fashion-by-wearing-tracksuits-to-the-oscars was at it's peak, that blowfish renee zelwegger wears not just a housecoat-but something EMULATING a housecoat on the red carpet. tres chic

Those were big here a couple of years ago, they were like long cardigans and mostly in black. Thank God that's over, it makes an outfit look rather trashy, well not trashy but my vocabulary sucks. :doh:

I thought they were called "dusters".... housecoats is something my grandma wears...

yeah they probably are. I didn't know they were called at the time I started this thread. They do resemble housecoats though.^

Yes... bathrobes/housecoats...

either way.. I gave into the trend when it first started up about 5 years ago... i still have a few of them LOL...

what do yours look like?^ if you have any pics that'd be great. I'd like to see this trend worn nicely if possible lol

oof...
Maybe i'll play dress up tomorrow and take a picture of my black one... Maybe :lol:

Jennifer Aniston wore a gray one on Friends maybe five or six years ago, that's when I bought a couple of them.

When starting posts about trends, it is highly recommended to post runway pictures too. :flower:

And about waistcoats, I don't like them at all..... :ninja:

house coats///waist coats...
these are neither...
they are just long cardigans...

which are not a trend...
but a basic wardrobe staple...

Yes, i don't see this as a 'new' trend or even anything new for that matter, these things have been around forever.

Elli said:
Those were big here a couple of years ago, they were like long cardigans and mostly in black. Thank God that's over, it makes an outfit look rather trashy, well not trashy but my vocabulary sucks. :doh:
That's how I remember them being. There was this one fall where everyone had one in dark grey/black. We always just called them sweater coats though and they were more form fitting.

Where do these fall on the trend-meter? Is it time to send them to the donations bin, or are they resurging?

You know, they are made of sweater material and go down to past your knee. They have an open front that might or might not have buttons you could do up.

You could also just call these reeeeeeally long cardigans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojopupra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->