Tapering Shoes

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Majky, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Majky

Majky New Member

What do you think of tapering shoes? Iam from Sweden and the current fashion here is sharp shoes :flower:

2. helena

helena Swim Upstream

do you mean pointed toe shoes? I only like flat pointy toed shoes. I prefer round toes. I am thinking about visiting Sweden for New Year - I'll bring my pointy shoes to be tres a la mode with you!

3. AlexN

AlexN New Member

I think pointy and round can look good. Totally depends on the outfit.

4. mimmy

mimmy New Member

Actually the pointy shoes are well on their way out here in Sweden. Of course, people still wear them, but I've been seeing more and more of the round ones lately.

Just curious, where in Sweden do you come from, Majky? Because I know the trends vary a lot depending on whether you're from Stockholm or not (and which part of Stockholm you are from).

What do you guys say to high-heeled shoes with round toes and ankle socks, by the way?
    Just felt like mixing two shoe threads... :P

I say it's lolita chic and very cute btw :heart:

5. cinapuff

cinapuff New Member

Both pointy and round toes have their advantages, but personally I agree with Mimmy that pointy toes are on their way out here in Sweden.. All shoes I've bought for the last couple of months (way too many btw :blush: ) have had round toes, but today I'm wearing pointy ones 'cause they look much better with the wide tweedpants I'm wearing. Round toed shoes somehow seem to disappear under my wide pants.. :huh: