That's sooo 2000s

- bleached blonde hair on the top, black hair underneath.
- ghetto chic

i liked the balmain/rihanna and balenciaga/free people look before it got too overbearing.

tube tops! and srunchies may they burn forever!
aren't these extremely 90s, though? same for silver eyeshadow and red leather jackets (which is what I associate tube tops with :lol:).

I still keep seeing the black leggings everywhere, I'm sure they are going to continue into this decade for a while. :wink:

Hey now, unless you have supremely thick hair you won't understand the greatness of scrunchies!

What about denim mini skirts? I think that this is definitely the 2000s stuff

What about denim mini skirts? I think that this is definitely the 2000s stuff

Oh yea..I remember seeing lots of them. Also as far as music is concerned you had a big increase in the rap/rock combo stuff like Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, 311 and the like. Although that got it's beginning in the late 90s.

^mini jean skirts paired with black tights. good god! it was overused from 2007-2009. that was a fashion revival i did not want to see. haha.

oy. I never liked that. And I still see it today :|

in the early 00s the minimalism from the late 90s the jogging pants and sweatshirts as everyday clothing

Butt crack. So much butt crack.

It's funny thinking of how much I loved those denim mini skirts in high school. They now strike me as the most sexless garment possible - just a rectangle of fabric that sits nowhere on a woman's body.

Butt crack. So much butt crack.

It's funny thinking of how much I loved those denim mini skirts in high school. They now strike me as the most sexless garment possible - just a rectangle of fabric that sits nowhere on a woman's body.
Terrible things, those denim minis. I had a knee-length denim skirt in high school which I cut progressively shorter as the ends began to "fray out", slowly transforming it from staid to appalling, hitting an awkward stage along the way.

I can't see myself ever wearing a denim skirt again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible things, those denim minis. I had a knee-length denim skirt in high school which I cut progressively shorter as the ends began to "fray out", slowly transforming it from staid to appalling, hitting an awkward stage along the way.

I can't see myself ever wearing a denim skirt again.

I totally agree!!! In high school I was obsessed with Abercrombie and Hollister denim minis. But they needed to look "destroyed".... I think The OC had more of an effect on me than I realized. Denim skirts are what you put on when you want to look like you have absolutely no personal style. Never again.

Disliked trends:
- Ugg boots
- Bug Eyed Glasses
- Chanel/LV knock-offs
- Fluro/Neon festival attire
- Crocs (not that they were ever a trend)
- Juicy sweatpants

Trends I like and that still remain in style:
- Leather Jackets
- High-waisted skirts/shorts/jeans
- Bandage dresses (Herve Leger)
- Belmain sculptured jackets
- Ray bans wayfares/aviators

- Skinny jeans.
- Balmainia (dressing 'edgy')
- TV show influences (Carrie Bradshaw, Blair Waldorf)
- The Burberry trademark infamously being turned into a chav trademark :lol:
- The whole decade in general is famous for reviving EVERY DECADE!
- Hipster style is popular than ever, as is Indie thanks to Alexa Chung, Chloe Sevigny etc...

In Australia our Chav's are called Lads. and they did the same thing, except to Nautica. :lol:

Trends I like and that still remain in style:
- Leather Jackets
- High-waisted skirts/shorts/jeans
- Bandage dresses (Herve Leger)
- Belmain sculptured jackets
- Ray bans wayfares/aviators

But none of this trends are from the 00s. :huh:

I think they are late 00' hence why I still like those trends, the decade only ended 4 months ago :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->