The 2010 Winter Olympics: Vancouver, Canada

^ugh! disappointing. It was the right call, but I'm just frustrated with the short track officiating. If you weren't going to call it on Francois Hamelin in the 1000m finals, then don't call it now. Or call it then and call it now. Or maybe DQ the correct skaters. So inconsistent.

^ugh! disappointing. It was the right call, but I'm just frustrated with the short track officiating. If you weren't going to call it on Francois Hamelin in the 1000m finals, then don't call it now. Or call it then and call it now. Or maybe DQ the correct skaters. So inconsistent.

EXACTLY!

Some of these DQ calls are unbelievable. We see bumps and skate clicks all the time in short track, but for some reason the referees always find a way to DQ skaters for odd reasons (like what happened to Celski). DQ's are meant to be given to skaters who purposely try to bother other skaters or tried to do things that were obviously out of line; the keyword is purposely.

Lol, there's a conspiracy going on here! I kid. Can't believe he is out D:, nothing we can do now ..

^YES!

What happened to Celski was complete and utter BS. My boyfriend doesn't hold me as close as Celski was being held in that semi-final! All these little bumps and skate clicks are being called for impeding when egregious holds and pushes aren't being called. I'm so disappointed.

WOW! I didn't even notice the contact Hamelin had on Sung Si-Bak! Good job officials on not calling that!

Charles Hamelin is crazy fast! Smart move of him to pull away and get away from the pack to avoid any craziness.

And good job to JR Celski for chasing down the pack during those final laps to put us in medal contention. And of course to Apolo for closing it out like only he can.

ROFL. Loved Ohno's words: "Probably because the judge was Canadian". To a point I can see where he's coming from, a little bias going on around here. He handled it well.

But hey, Ohno still has 8 medals, the most ever. Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:
OFF TOPIC:

I think Julia Mancuso is prettier and sexier than Lindsay Vonn :D

:idea:

OFF TOPIC:

I think Julia Mancuso is prettier and sexier than Lindsay Vonn :D

:idea:

Same here.

Lindsey Vonn looks so "tough" on the face.

I don't understand why NBC covered her so much even when she wasn't winning.:rolleyes:

I am preparing to take my words back. OMG, just 10 minutes played :ninja:
OMG :ninja:

I have noticed during Olympics that I enjoy hockey much more if Finland is not playing! When they play, I have to be afraid of everything. For example, yesterday I saw remix from women's gold game and that was totally amazing. Just that kind of hockey I would like to watch more! :heart:

Bronze for our hockey ladies :wub:

And Laura was amazing on figure skating, 6th place wasn't bad and I love her skating. It's so soft and dreamy.. just beautiful. I missed almost whole competion, and maybe because of that I wasn't too impressed. I miss Kwan and Cohen. Hopefully exhibition gala impress me more, at least I can see somebody actually skating ^_^

Can't believe I havent gone through this thread yt!
I've lived in Vancouver my entire life and have never seen the city the way it's been for the last two weeks. I thought we'd be in utter gridlock and chaos but it's surprisingly been quite organized for the most part. It's been so amazing, so wonderful and so patriotic. I've never been so proud to be Canadian! :blush:

28t9jk7.jpg

2itsq6v.jpg

30b1p2h.jpg

Thousands of people lining up for the Colbert Report taping at 9 AM!

14345de.jpg

my pictures

I am so late for this...BUT finnish-usa game was disaster...what the fu*k happened?? Finland did suck for a biiiiiig time. GHRBJHREBEJKJKLN, it is so embarresing. I was in the same room with 10 men and can you image how angry they were? they were ready to throw that freaking television out from the window. after that everybody were so drunken and crying how much Finland sucks. HAHHAH.

I can't believe they disqualified Apolo! and that Canadian touched the other guy two times!
GRRR!

TommyGirl- sorry about Finland...well okay maybe I'm not :wink: USA faces off with Canada. :boxer:Canada, destroyers of all things Hockey Gold for Americans. Come on boys! You can do it! :bounce:

I can't believe they disqualified Apolo! and that Canadian touched the other guy two times!
GRRR!

Can't they file a complaint or something? It's so blatant it's disgusting.

I am so late for this...BUT finnish-usa game was disaster...what the fu*k happened?? Finland did suck for a biiiiiig time. GHRBJHREBEJKJKLN, it is so embarresing. I was in the same room with 10 men and can you image how angry they were? they were ready to throw that freaking television out from the window. after that everybody were so drunken and crying how much Finland sucks. HAHHAH.

I was so ready to kick that F***ing tv :lol:

And Annu, yeah, I agree. It`s painful to watch our team playing in big games, like Pasi Nurminen said: one day we play in heaven, one day in hell, and there is nothing in between. :doh:

i cannot believe the hypocrisy of the IOC. you know after the incident with scott lago comes the women's canadian hockey team doing what they did and somehow none of those girls found themselves being kicked out of the grounds as lago had. and the discrepancy there is that those girls did it on the ice and lago did not! and really it's got nothing to do with what they did...in fact,what is the big deal either way?! it's sports competition not a bleeding catholic mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->