The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

^woops. Apperently I am having troubles as well..

@Estefania: I like both, but I think the first one looks like it is supposed to be longer than floor length? For that reason I would choose the other one.

Still trying to add some more work-approproiate clothes that feels true to my personal style. Got two viscose wrap dresses 2nd hand (half the price for both of them, that I would have paid for just one when they were in stores). The cut is really good, and the fabric is super soft.

limon.jpg samsoesamsoe-kjole-limon-dress-point-noir-front-p.jpg

Pics samsoe.com

Well, the skirt didn't fit, but these shoes did ... not sure if you can see this from my amazing photography, but the heel is suede.

Celine shoes.jpg

PS Like the dresses! Is that polka dots I see? :heart:

PS This is purchase #6 for fall ... thought it might be interesting to recap purchases for 2018.

1. Black half-sleeve top with draped neckline (Armani)
  2. Black wool long-sleeve top w/ metal-trim neckline (Brunello Cucinelli)
  3. Purple lilies on black sleeveless silk/cashmere sweater (Dolce & Gabbana)
  4. Hazelnut cashmere sweater w/ metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  5. Rose-gold mirror patent sandals w/ pearl heels (Nicholas Kirkwood)
  6. Mauve linen-silk cap-sleeve sweater with paillettes and metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  7. Rust cashmere blend ruffled cap sleeve sweater (Brunello Cucinelli)
  8. Charcoal cotton T w/ metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  9. Blue-grey wool gabardine trousers (Celine)
  10. Black rayon blend sleeveless dress/jumper with pockets (Celine)
  11. Pink organic cotton T (Colorful Standard)
  12. Black/white painted print pumps w/ suede heel (Celine)
Some very good buys here--and some less so. #2 is incredibly useful--have worn it a lot with many different things, and it makes many summer pieces useful during the winter. #6 and 7 I've worn quite a lot, and 10 as well in the weeks I've had it. #4 is really too plain. I enjoy wearing the more detailed items more, so although it was half price, it wasn't really a bargain. #9 I haven't worn yet because it's still too hot. #5 were also problematic. Despite owning 3 pair of sandals from the same brand, this pair turned out to be rather uncomfortable due to the mirror patent. The design is also not that flattering, so I can't wear them with everything. Live and learn. #3 turned out to be sexier than anticipated for something with a crew neck. I suppose I shouldn't complain, but this somewhat limits its potential. #1 has been hiding in my closet ... I wore it quite a bit earlier. Will wear it this week. All in all, good results from my purchases this year. And my idea to find tops I could wear without layering in the summer has worked out very well, especially since I'm now working from home full time and control the temperature myself--and have no desire to fuss with layers.

PS This is purchase #6 for fall ... thought it might be interesting to recap purchases for 2018.

1. Black half-sleeve top with draped neckline (Armani)
  2. Black wool long-sleeve top w/ metal-trim neckline (Brunello Cucinelli)
  3. Purple lilies on black sleeveless silk/cashmere sweater (Dolce & Gabbana)
  4. Hazelnut cashmere sweater w/ metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  5. Rose-gold mirror patent sandals w/ pearl heels (Nicholas Kirkwood)
  6. Mauve linen-silk cap-sleeve sweater with paillettes and metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  7. Rust cashmere blend ruffled cap sleeve sweater (Brunello Cucinelli)
  8. Charcoal cotton T w/ metal trim (Brunello Cucinelli)
  9. Blue-grey wool gabardine trousers (Celine)
  10. Black rayon blend sleeveless dress/jumper with pockets (Celine)
  11. Pink organic cotton T (Colorful Standard)
  12. Black/white painted print pumps w/ suede heel (Celine)
Some very good buys here--and some less so. #2 is incredibly useful--have worn it a lot with many different things, and it makes many summer pieces useful during the winter. #6 and 7 I've worn quite a lot, and 10 as well in the weeks I've had it. #4 is really too plain. I enjoy wearing the more detailed items more, so although it was half price, it wasn't really a bargain. #9 I haven't worn yet because it's still too hot. #5 were also problematic. Despite owning 3 pair of sandals from the same brand, this pair turned out to be rather uncomfortable due to the mirror patent. The design is also not that flattering, so I can't wear them with everything. Live and learn. #3 turned out to be sexier than anticipated for something with a crew neck. I suppose I shouldn't complain, but this somewhat limits its potential. #1 has been hiding in my closet ... I wore it quite a bit earlier. Will wear it this week. All in all, good results from my purchases this year. And my idea to find tops I could wear without layering in the summer has worked out very well, especially since I'm now working from home full time and control the temperature myself--and have no desire to fuss with layers.

Quite interesting to see your evaluation of your items - think I will do the same thing with my purchases for the year. Also, the new shoes looks really cool.

And it is polka dots indeed! Haven't received that one yet, but I've already worn the floral one quite a bit with the brown mango sandals. I think they will work quite well for winter as well with black boots and the green cardigan I am hoping to find.

I like both the dresses (they look pretty identical to me :lol:).

I don't know if I have one :wink: It used to be Marc by Marc, but that's been a long time. The last thing I bought from a diffusion line was Lauren (a sweater while I was on vacation, intending to buy some dressier pieces while I was there). If I'm going to spend less money ... Yoox is perfect for that, or I get something on sale or often I just wait, but sometimes I'll buy something from Eileen Fisher or Nordstrom private label. As I get older, ironically I'm becoming fonder of a bargain. I guess clothes are becoming more of a commodity for me than individual, special, irreplaceable pieces. Mostly I've been buying Brunello Cucinelli, plus a couple Celine pieces. I'm trying on a skirt from Fall this weekend ... not sure it's going to fit.

:lol: I'm very vanilla when it comes to my wardrobe, I admit! I'm very masculine, minimalist, monochrome. Sometimes I like to add a bit of sexiness but since I don't like my legs atm, I tend to choose silk, cleavage or tight tops.

I've seen a few Marc by Marc items that I've enjoyed but it's mostly denim. Never heard of Eileen or Brunello, need to check them out! I really wish Anne D had a diffusion line. :angel:

@Estefania: I like both, but I think the first one looks like it is supposed to be longer than floor length? For that reason I would choose the other one.
Oh, you are right, I didn't think about that! Might end up going for the Jil Sander then! Or this Gareth Pugh one I just saw. :crush:

^ The major appeal of Eileen and Brunello to me is, they're each still in charge, and they're both trying to do the right thing with their supply chains. Eileen uses a lot of organic and sustainable fibers, and also sells her own reconditioned clothes (haven't tried these, but appreciate that she does it). The quality can be somewhat hit or miss (I have a knit dress that I wasn't thrilled with--pilling, discoloration, etc). Brunello knitwear, the quality is pretty stellar. The go-along pieces may not be as good. You can get Brunello on Yoox (though lots of other people want it too!), plus on sale on his own site. The boutiques ship the stuff out when it goes on sale, but he has his own outlets (haven't tried them). Also Outnet. Plus, everything including current season is half price at HQ in Italy :wink: Now here's the bad news ... he's not that fond of black--but there are a few pieces! You're more likely to find steel grey, navy, etc.

PS Betina, please do evaluate! :wink: I want to see other people's too.

Hmm, this year, not so much:
- Rick blazer, versatile, worn a couple of times so far.
- Turtleneck silk cotton, haven't worn it yet, just too warm over here.
- Cheap black cuffed pants with elasticated waist, worn it a lot, so easy and comfy.
- Second pair of Common Projects, for when the old ones are dying, comfy and in between casual.
Hopefully I can find some nice items this Fall in Paris. I have to say my interest in fashion is a bit waning, a lot of generic garbage is produced.

^ Still, one must wear something :wink: I do feel excited about my new shoes ... I'm getting a pedicure this weekend, so won't be able to wear them, unless to my appointment :wink:

If you can't find anything in Paris ...

PS In case you're interested in Celine, I heard in the store that Hedi's bags will be coming out in November, displayed separately from the several 'classic' bags that will be kept. His clothes and shoes won't be in-store until February. The SA confirmed the buy is smaller than usual for fall, but still there are things to be had :smile: There's a shearling ballet flat in several colors. I can see you wearing the black :wink: There's also a very cute shoe with a side tie effect that comes in oxblood and, I think, black.

What would be your ideal everyday goes with anything boot?

Still contemplating whether I should go with the pistols or if there is another style of boot that would work better with my current style.

I just realized this that Vanessa Bruno's designs are good and the fabric seems nice (silk, cotton).

Betina, what kind of dress code do you think there will be in your future work enviroment? Smart casual? I have seen girls in my office wear the kind of wrap dresses that you like in winter, so I think you probably will be fine :smile: I really like the wrap dresses you have bought, and the yellow dress! Are the Acne boots not a common find on the danish resale market? I feel like it was easy to get a good deal on almost new acne boots in Norway for a while. And I just bought another pair of Balenciaga boots in the same make that I bought in 2014 so I don't think it would be strange at all:wink:

Estefania: Oh, I love a good purge^_^

Fashionista-ta: Love the v-opening on the pumps!

--------

During the heat wave in London I bought 6 crewnecks from Uniqlo, 1 rust colored crewneck in silk/cotton from Marks & Spencer (because I see rust, I buy. Except on cars.), 1 black jumpsuit from Uniqlo (for dressier occations) and a white linen blouse and pale grey/blue linen shirt from Uniqlo. Basically, if Uniqlo starts to ship to Norway, I will never need to go on vacation to London again. I am pretty much set when it comes to work tops.

My work-coats situation is not that great though....I may have put my favourite fall dry-clean-only jacket in the washing machine and ruined it...:( I was removing a stain on the lining and wanted to rinse it in cold water. I now have a much higher respect for the power of a centrifuge:shock::shock::shock: All the seams on my Isabel Marant jacket shrunk and look wonky. I wore that jacket spring, summer, fall and winter, so it will definitely need replacing. I am thinking of prioritizing getting a coat now, and looking for a new blazer in spring.

And the work belt from Aritzia died. The buckle got discolored so fast... Does anyone know what to look for in a belt to prevent this happening to my next one? The one I had was clearly "gold"-plated. The brassI see on most belts is too dull, and gold-filled is not really an option...

I also had my work trousers all hemmed to a summer length, so I need to find some long wool trousers for winter.

My shopping list for fall looks like this, in order of priority:
1) 2 x work trousers, long, black, wool.
2) Winter coat, mid thigh or below knee-length
3) Black belt, gold-tone buckle
4) Work suit, not black

My taste in coats has become too expensive, so the chances of me finding nothing is quite high. I tried on this 1100 GBP acne coat and disregarded it because it was not lined:ermm: Most "expensive" brands in my area seem to have given up on wool in winter coats completely. I feel like I have this struggle every year.

^Good to see you made your way in here :flower:

My current workplace is business casual - pretty much anything goes except for the few times a year where I have a work event where I need to dress a bit more classic. Still, a lot of what I like to wear, I wouldn't wear to work - like the yellow dress. The wrap dresses are perfect for work though, think they will be for winter as well. If I add a few more work appropriate dresses, I think I will be good.

I have been looking at the resales market but most people want 2000 DKK for a pair of somewhat used boots, and then I would rather just buy a new pair. I am keeping an eye out, though. In the mean time, I think I will take my current pair to a cobbler and see if they can be salvaged in any way. Otherwise, I have the long pistol boots which I really haven't worn a lot - I will try to see if I can finally get those in to rotation.

Sorry to hear about your coat (may it rest in peace). I feel like coats are super tricky as well - even the expensive ones are often unlined or mostly plastic fibres. I've been really happy with my Ganni Fenn coat, but not sure if that is your style.

PS: I hear UNIQLO are opening in Denmark - come visit :wink:

^Good to see you made your way in here :flower:

My current workplace is business casual - pretty much anything goes except for the few times a year where I have a work event where I need to dress a bit more classic. Still, a lot of what I like to wear, I wouldn't wear to work - like the yellow dress. The wrap dresses are perfect for work though, think they will be for winter as well. If I add a few more work appropriate dresses, I think I will be good.

I have been looking at the resales market but most people want 2000 DKK for a pair of somewhat used boots, and then I would rather just buy a new pair. I am keeping an eye out, though. In the mean time, I think I will take my current pair to a cobbler and see if they can be salvaged in any way. Otherwise, I have the long pistol boots which I really haven't worn a lot - I will try to see if I can finally get those in to rotation.

Sorry to hear about your coat (may it rest in peace). I feel like coats are super tricky as well - even the expensive ones are often unlined or mostly plastic fibres. I've been really happy with my Ganni Fenn coat, but not sure if that is your style.

PS: I hear UNIQLO are opening in Denmark - come visit :wink:

A good cobbler can do miracles, I swear.

I will try out the Ganni fenn coat, because the silhouette is really nice actually (and it comes in white:heart:).I want something classic, wrap style, and the Fenn Coat ticks most of those boxes. It seems to only be a half-wrap, but I will definitely be trying it out :smile: It hasn't given you problems with small electric shocks? Does it pill? Have areas of wear? (Does it do well in blizzards?) I have an Isabel Marant boyfriend style coat for casualwear, so I only need a work coat.

The Danes, being second best at everything else, deserve to at least have an Uniqlo.:brows::P

Haven't been here in a while and the forums have changed. :blink:
Not really impressed so far..

I didn't catch up on reading, so I'll just jump in. ^_^
I just moved and we're finally settling in our new home, investments on clothing have been a low priority of late. Luckily my wardrobe was/is in a solid place, but I see an unnerving amount of clothes showing wear and discoloring so upcoming season will require some investments. The biggest one will be a new coat. Finding a decent looking coat that's affordable and fits right is a real pain in the :censored:. That should be interesting.
What I'm looking for is about mid-thigh length (I prefer my winter coats slightly longer, but longer would make cycling impossible), either slim fit or oversized, it shouldn't have a high collar so I can wear my scarfs without any problems and the color should probably be either navy or grey. I have no clue what style so far, my last coat was a parka but I'm up for something different this time.

Haven't been here in a while and the forums have changed. :blink:
Not really impressed so far..

I didn't catch up on reading, so I'll just jump in. ^_^
I just moved and we're finally settling in our new home, investments on clothing have been a low priority of late. Luckily my wardrobe was/is in a solid place, but I see an unnerving amount of clothes showing wear and discoloring so upcoming season will require some investments. The biggest one will be a new coat. Finding a decent looking coat that's affordable and fits right is a real pain in the :censored:. That should be interesting.
What I'm looking for is about mid-thigh length (I prefer my winter coats slightly longer, but longer would make cycling impossible), either slim fit or oversized, it shouldn't have a high collar so I can wear my scarfs without any problems and the color should probably be either navy or grey. I have no clue what style so far, my last coat was a parka but I'm up for something different this time.

I was planning on just like standing while bicycling... :/ It had better work because I am not buying a car just to wear my future coat!

You bought a home? Or are you renting? Regardless, moving is so much fun (and so stressful!).

I am not crazy about the makeover either.

Eizhowa: let's hope so - it would be awesome to be able to have them fixed, but the heel is crumbling, so I am not too sure.

I really like the fenn coat, I button it in the inner button to get a tigther fit. I've worn mine for two winters now and it is not showing any wear. No problems with electric shocks either. I find it perfectly warm for a regular Danish winter, but did wear a down jacket underneath it on the very cold days last winter (biking in blizzards..). I am in love with the white version of it from the new season, but I don't need a coat (also, I am in no way grownup enough to manage having a white coat :rolleyes: )

I'll just overlook your last sentence :wink:

Eizhowa: let's hope so - it would be awesome to be able to have them fixed, but the heel is crumbling, so I am not too sure.

I really like the fenn coat, I button it in the inner button to get a tigther fit. I've worn mine for two winters now and it is not showing any wear. No problems with electric shocks either. I find it perfectly warm for a regular Danish winter, but did wear a down jacket underneath it on the very cold days last winter (biking in blizzards..). I am in love with the white version of it from the new season, but I don't need a coat (also, I am in no way grownup enough to manage having a white coat :rolleyes: )

I'll just overlook your last sentence :wink:

(...So Norwegians are better than Danes at having white coats:evil::cool:)

(...So Norwegians are better than Danes at having white coats:evil::cool:)

I would stop talking to you at this point ( :wink: ), but I was going to ask you how you like your j crew cordoroy pants? Still considering them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->