The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
R&N, I pinned another pair of snow boots for you that I saw in a catalog tonite ... I think they're supercute!

With the continuation post, this will be three in a row from me ... ah well :wink: Someone please join me in the new thread :mrgreen: If this is number 5 part 4, is this actually part 8? :huh:

Just came back to mention that I've decided I need a down jacket. I've found one with a hood in a pretty color for a reasonable price that I'll probably order ... it also has a recycled polyester shell. I've done without a jacket for several years now, but lately I've been taking long walks outside, and this weekend it will be too cold to do that for the first time just wearing a denim jacket, heavy sweater, warm vest, etc. It seems a bit ridiculous to wear one of my long coats when I'm walking trails, so I'm looking at a jacket ... and the hoodie will kill two birds, since I don't really have a hat. (Well, I have one I don't like.) I don't need one unless I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time. I'll need something to keep the wind from whistling through my ears ...

Last edited by a moderator:
With the continuation post, this will be three in a row from me ... ah well :wink: Someone please join me in the new thread :mrgreen: If this is number 5 part 4, is this actually part 8? :huh:

Just came back to mention that I've decided I need a down jacket. I've found one with a hood in a pretty color for a reasonable price that I'll probably order ... it also has a recycled polyester shell. I've done without a jacket for several years now, but lately I've been taking long walks outside, and this weekend it will be too cold to do that for the first time just wearing a denim jacket, heavy sweater, warm vest, etc. It seems a bit ridiculous to wear one of my long coats when I'm walking trails, so I'm looking at a jacket ... and the hoodie will kill two birds, since I don't really have a hat. (Well, I have one I don't like.) I don't need one unless I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time. I'll need something to keep the wind from whistling through my ears ...

I really love the colour of the jacket. It will be perfect with the colours already in your wardrobe - and clever about the hood! Let us know what you think, if you end up buying it :smile:

Thanks, betina :smile: I realized I will also need some different gloves ... the opera length leather ones aren't really going to work :wink: I have had good experiences with Patagonia in the past ... I really like the company, and the quality has always been good.

I like those too, R&N. I liked the contrasting light leather trim & rubber band colored laces of the pair I pinned :wink: For some reason I really love that color of red, nothing I can really explain :wub: I have bows for Christmas presents in that color, they make me happy! Sadly I do not need snow boots ...

Red: I really like the Sorel ones as well - again, would be perfect with your parkacoat.

Ta-ta: I did not realize that the coat was from Patagonia. I have heard great things about them in regards of both quality, sustainability and social responsibility for both the workers and the animals used in the prodction.

^ Yes, it's a great company. They also take back their clothes for recycling. I just asked them whether I could still return a garment for recycling if I have cut it up into rags, as long as I wash them first. (There's a reason I asked this question :wink:) Answer: Yes. Me: Impressed.

Hello everyone, long time no see :flower: Happy to see some new faces here as well as those of you that I remember from a few years ago! I'm trying to catch up, currently on page 16 of edition #5 of the thread. :mrgreen:

Jinadaze, ooh, nice to meet another Olympus Pen owner! I've been using an E-PL3 for a year and a half now, my first "proper" camera.

ta-ta, thank you for the Patagonia tip, they might just have the warm winter outerlayer I've been looking for.. I'll have to check if any store sells them here!

So, the last time I posted was almost 2 years ago... after that I started going through some personal and health issues, and stopped paying much attention to my wardrobe. Well, this year I decided I needed to really prioritize my health and how I treat my body (I'm not so young anymore that I can do anything and have the body bounce back unharmed..), started eating healthier, getting more sleep and reducing stressors. Which led to losing weight, feeling better in general, and wanting to dress nicely again. And because I'd been ignoring my wardrobe for so long, a lot of essentials needed replacing either because they were worn out or no longer fit well.

So I've been buying quite a bit this autumn, but I'm glad to say everything I've bought has also been getting worn a lot, except for a coat and a pair of boots that are still waiting for colder weather to arrive (looks to be any day now). And I'm finally in a position where I can afford nicer, better quality things than I used to. I'm also better at analyzing my wardrobe and style needs, so I'm really happy with everything I bought and how it fits together. I've also narrowed down my colours and managed to stick to them. :lol:

There are still a few things on my winter list, but nothing urgent anymore:

• a pair of wool/cashmere gloves/mittens (Eric Bompard maybe)
  • merino underlayers
  • a couple of wool sweaters
  • a dressier pair of warm boots
  • a down coat/puffer, if I manage to find a good one I like (if not, I think I can make do with layering)

This is my wishlist

- Black skinny
- Navy wool cardigan
- Leather knee boots black
- Black leather ballerinas
- Cashmere wool coat
- Cashmere grey sweater bought
- Breton shirt bought
- French cami
- Day bag leather (Marc Jacobs tote too hot to handle)
- Black day dress wool
- Black skirt
- Cashmere scarf

This is my wishlist

- Black skinny
- Navy wool cardigan
- Leather knee boots black
- Black leather ballerinas
- Cashmere wool coat
- Cashmere grey sweater bought
- Breton shirt bought
- French cami
- Day bag leather (Marc Jacobs tote too hot to handle)
- Black day dress wool
- Black skirt
- Cashmere scarf

You have a lot of great classic items here:flower: I just wanted to point out a few things.

Cashmere wool coats are really expensive. If you are going to go all out, make sure it is a coat that will suit your lifestyle now, and will be wearable later in your professional life as well. There are a lot of things I have bought I know won't be part of my day to day uniform when I am finished studying. A carefree student can dress very differently from a soliciter:P

Secondly, have you considered what will be your color scheme? Example, mine is primarily grey, black, rust and I intend to incorporate some burgundy in my FW wardrobe. These are colors I feel good in, and that suit my coplexion. I think you prefere Black, navy, camel and grey, is that correct? Those are very neutral colors. Have you considered if there are any colors you would later like to add to complement your wardrobe? That might affect what you choose to buy for your basics. Just a thought.

A good idea might also be to divide your list into FW and SS. Ballet flats, for an example, might not need to be so high on your list. Some FW items might even not be needed until next year. This way, it might not seem like so much:smile:

Welcome back, elle s'ennuie!:flower:

You have a lot of great classic items here:flower: I just wanted to point out a few things.

Cashmere wool coats are really expensive. If you are going to go all out, make sure it is a coat that will suit your lifestyle now, and will be wearable later in your professional life as well. There are a lot of things I have bought I know won't be part of my day to day uniform when I am finished studying. A carefree student can dress very differently from a soliciter:P

Secondly, have you considered what will be your color scheme? Example, mine is primarily grey, black, rust and I intend to incorporate some burgundy in my FW wardrobe. These are colors I feel good in, and that suit my coplexion. I think you prefere Black, navy, camel and grey, is that correct? Those are very neutral colors. Have you considered if there are any colors you would later like to add to complement your wardrobe? That might affect what you choose to buy for your basics. Just a thought.

A good idea might also be to divide your list into FW and SS. Ballet flats, for an example, might not need to be so high on your list. Some FW items might even not be needed until next year. This way, it might not seem like so much:smile:

Welcome back, elle s'ennuie!:flower:
That's absolutely correct. It's true that wool cashmere coats are expensive but I found one on Massimo Dutti which is wool cashmere and I think that I can wear this one on casual days and professionally. It's 250 euros which is expensive but affordable.

And the colours that I add are burgundy and dark emarald green. Dark emarald green is my favourite colour.

Massimodutti.com

I thought I might summarize what I have bought since September, and what I intend to get before the FW season ends. I was hoping to get <10 items, but that will depend on how the sales go:innocent: I have quite a few pieces I want to try to get during the january sales.

Items already purchased:

1. Noa Noa corduroy skirt
  2. N. Peal cashmere sweater
  3. Wool coat from J. crew
  4. Lambswool scarf
noanoa/theoutnet/ebay/acnestores
6bs6.png

Still on my wishlist (a lot of burgundy stuff:wink:)
  • - Porselli flats (These are a priority!)
  • - Small leather Baggu
  • - Corduroy blazer from Toast
  • - Theory Ambril wool cardigan
  • - Tall boots for everydaywear

I might not need two burgundy jackets. We'll see:rolleyes:

apc/baggu/toast/theoutnet/shoes
03dk.png

Trenchcoat: I love the idea of dark emerald with that coat:flower:

I finally got some shoes! They were a little expensive - but definitely worth it IMO. Leather, made in Portugal - and incredibly comfortable. I love ALDO shoes.

c3a403e87037b29eda2f2bf7694ba8a5.jpg

aldoshoes.it

I also ordered a couple of basic button up shirts and a grey cashmere cardigan... and I found a red skirt I loved on eBay. Also I realized I need yet another pair of trousers. That will be all for this season.

Hello everyone, long time no see :flower: Happy to see some new faces here as well as those of you that I remember from a few years ago! I'm trying to catch up, currently on page 16 of edition #5 of the thread. :mrgreen:

Jinadaze, ooh, nice to meet another Olympus Pen owner! I've been using an E-PL3 for a year and a half now, my first "proper" camera.

ta-ta, thank you for the Patagonia tip, they might just have the warm winter outerlayer I've been looking for.. I'll have to check if any store sells them here!

So, the last time I posted was almost 2 years ago... after that I started going through some personal and health issues, and stopped paying much attention to my wardrobe. Well, this year I decided I needed to really prioritize my health and how I treat my body (I'm not so young anymore that I can do anything and have the body bounce back unharmed..), started eating healthier, getting more sleep and reducing stressors. Which led to losing weight, feeling better in general, and wanting to dress nicely again. And because I'd been ignoring my wardrobe for so long, a lot of essentials needed replacing either because they were worn out or no longer fit well.

So I've been buying quite a bit this autumn, but I'm glad to say everything I've bought has also been getting worn a lot, except for a coat and a pair of boots that are still waiting for colder weather to arrive (looks to be any day now). And I'm finally in a position where I can afford nicer, better quality things than I used to. I'm also better at analyzing my wardrobe and style needs, so I'm really happy with everything I bought and how it fits together. I've also narrowed down my colours and managed to stick to them. :lol:

There are still a few things on my winter list, but nothing urgent anymore:

• a pair of wool/cashmere gloves/mittens (Eric Bompard maybe)
  • merino underlayers
  • a couple of wool sweaters
  • a dressier pair of warm boots
  • a down coat/puffer, if I manage to find a good one I like (if not, I think I can make do with layering)

Glad to hear things are coming together for you, elle :heart:

Not sure of the charges, but I remember checking awhile back for R&N, and Patagonia's website does ship to Europe. Their prices I think are quite reasonable & some of the styles are quite nice. I haven't tried the down outerwear yet, but all my experience with the brand points to its being something that would last more than a season. (For anything but a white T, I consider a single season a fail ... but even my white Ts have been lasting 2-3 years lately before I demote them! I think a loose fit really helps.)

@Ta-ta: I know - I really find that they have a great business profile, but what you are mentioning is amazing!

@Elle s'ennuie: welcome back :flower: Hope you are feeling better! It sounds like you are doing really great and know perfectly well what you need. I look forward to following your progress. Do you use pinterest?

@Eizhowa: As I recall you do have a few blazers right? If that is the case, I think I would go for the bouclé jacket. It would add something new but depending on what you wear with it, I can still see it being work approporiate in the future - of course depending on the line of work you will be doing, I cant seem to remember what you are studying. Also I just really love it, but probably will not be able to afford it myself :wink:

@Barbaraa: love those shoes! Will be great for work and on your days of with one of your cute dresses!

I've solved my shoe-issue (during the fall and winter I tend to wear the same two pairs of ancle boots constantly which is an issue since I do not want to wear my shoes down in no time) for now.

I have a pair of blue booties that are great - they give me a perfect posture and are really nice to walk in, but they do not go with a lot of my wardrobe due to the colour. I found a pair in the same shape but in black and with some slightly different details on a second hand site. They were only a small percentage of the original price and had barely been worn so I thought it would be wise to get them since I know they are perfect for my feet.

I still want the tall ACNE boots but since I have to buy christmas presents and books for my studies during the next couple of months I do not have that kind of money to spend on clothes, so I thought this was a nice solutions, especially since I have been looking for a black version of those bluse booties, since I bought them three years ago.

gardeniaboots1.jpg

Glad to hear, are you satisfied with it? I was seriously contemplating about getting a Nikon (DSLR of course) in late Summer, but didn't made a final decision since I am so attached to my Olympus. Not that just a quality is great (though I may need a real professional camera later in time), but I am also really fond of it's retro design, it's so chic.

Also, welcome back! :flower:

I finally got some shoes! They were a little expensive - but definitely worth it IMO. Leather, made in Portugal - and incredibly comfortable. I love ALDO shoes.

That seems like a great and very versatile pair. I am wearing brogues at least 6 months per year. Will look into Aldo shoes in the future, if I recall correctly I liked a few pairs back then.

(For anything but a white T, I consider a single season a fail ... but even my white Ts have been lasting 2-3 years lately before I demote them! I think a loose fit really helps.)

I strongly agree, no matter what the price is, there is not a single piece I would be satisfied with if it would last just a season, that's not the deal.

Eizhowa, did you already received the sweater and if so, how are you satisfied with it? I'm in love with the colour and the cut, very elegant.

Trenchcoat, that is a gorgeous coat (I've been eyeing on it some time ago actually :wink:) and the price seems very reasonable considering the materials that it's made off. Hope you will be satisfied with it if you end up buying it. Also you have made a nice selection of pieces you want to add to your wardrobe. Eizhowa has already suggested you clever things to think about. :wink:

As for me, I didn't do any shopping in November, though I am planning to finish my list quite soon hopefully. That would not be difficult, with my birthday at the begining of Dec., followed by holidays and SALES. :woot: And I already picked the pieces that are missing. Below are the items from my Bought list (minus Underwear/accessories that don't count), I had sticked to my plan 100 %. :P

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-24 at 10.06.57 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-11-24 at 10.06.57 PM.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 12
Glad to hear, are you satisfied with it? I was seriously contemplating about getting a Nikon (DSLR of course) in late Summer, but didn't made a final decision since I am so attached to my Olympus. Not that just a quality is great (though I may need a real professional camera later in time), but I am also really fond of it's retro design, it's so chic.

Also, welcome back! :flower:

That seems like a great and very versatile pair. I am wearing brogues at least 6 months per year. Will look into Aldo shoes in the future, if I recall correctly I liked a few pairs back then.

I strongly agree, no matter what the price is, there is not a single piece I would be satisfied with if it would last just a season, that's not the deal.

Eizhowa, did you already received the sweater and if so, how are you satisfied with it? I'm in love with the colour and the cut, very elegant.

Trenchcoat, that is a gorgeous coat (I've been eyeing on it some time ago actually :wink:) and the price seems very reasonable considering the materials that it's made off. Hope you will be satisfied with it if you end up buying it. Also you have made a nice selection of pieces you want to add to your wardrobe. Eizhowa has already suggested you clever things to think about. :wink:

As for me, I didn't do any shopping in November, though I am planning to finish my list quite soon hopefully. That would not be difficult, with my birthday at the begining of Dec., followed by holidays and SALES. :woot: And I already picked the pieces that are missing. Below are the items from my Bought list (minus Underwear/accessories that don't count), I had sticked to my plan 100 %. :P

Nice clothes. I really like the trousers. Are they from Mango. Because I wanted to buy wool trousers from Mango.

Yes, as seen here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=12068739&postcount=836
Sorry for the small pics, but I wanted to get them all in one file. I love those trousers to bits really, they are warm/winter appropriate, a mixture of formal, chic and coolness. The only thing that bothers me is that they can only be dry cleaned, as I wash everything else except my winter coat at home, but that's to be expected.

Betina, your post was not visible to me when I was posting mine, so I didn't comment for how great those booties are looking! The heel is just right for everyday wear and I love love the zip detail (everywhere, in fact :D). Wear them confidently!

Betina: The thing is that my previous velvet jacket is too big for me. I really want another more fitted. Right now the Theory one is a bit too expensive, and I don't know if the cordouroy one from Toast will fit. I might never get either...

I am really looking forward to seeing how you will style your future tall acne boots:flower: Might also give me ideas about how to style my future boots:D

Jinadaze: I have not recieved my sweater yet. I am really hoping it will arrive on monday... I am so excited to see what it will be like, but "6-7 working days" tends to turn into two full weeks... So boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->