The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

^ Oooh, the bag is lovely. Hopefully the new one works out ... I'm sure you remember my Happy issues, know exactly how you feel. And congrats on the wedding! Am I super confused? I thought this happened long ago (super secret wedding board, etc.) :huh:

Understandably - I was married - and then divorced briefly after, I just don't think I shared that here at the time. This is my second marriage. And thank you :smile:

Yeah, I do recall you had trouble with the happy, but not the excact issue and when it occured? I am happy ( :wink: ) with my bag but with the initial experience it does feel sort of anticlimatic.

^ Sorry to be an idiot ... I realized after that there must be two different people. I have removed the brick that was lodged in my head :wink:

Loving your broderie anglaise! I too have bought it in both ivory and black this year (tops rather than dresses). A favorite thing, and timeless.

The issue was with the first Happy I bought, which was black nubuck. It had a beautiful horn-type closure as I recall (it's still on my Pinterest), but the screws kept coming loose. I think I got replacement hardware and it kept happening, so I ultimately returned because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it fixed. Looking back, the style continued on, so I was probably afraid for nothing ... the SA advised returning.

In other news, Yoox is having its pre-Black Friday sale, and I got this Brunello Cucinelli cashmere/silk blend dress. I don't have a lot in 3/4 sleeves for transitional weather. Hopefully this will fit well ... Not sure what the length will be like on me, but my thinking is I can wear leggings underneath if it's on the short side. Since the pandemic I've been wearing shorter dresses. I feel my knees must look better from a distance of at least 6 feet :rofl:

yoox

They say it's dark blue but to me it looks blue grey, and I'm fine with that.

Brunello dark blue.jpg

^ Sorry to be an idiot ... I realized after that there must be two different people. I have removed the brick that was lodged in my head :wink:

Loving your broderie anglaise! I too have bought it in both ivory and black this year (tops rather than dresses). A favorite thing, and timeless.

The issue was with the first Happy I bought, which was black nubuck. It had a beautiful horn-type closure as I recall (it's still on my Pinterest), but the screws kept coming loose. I think I got replacement hardware and it kept happening, so I ultimately returned because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it fixed. Looking back, the style continued on, so I was probably afraid for nothing ... the SA advised returning.

In other news, Yoox is having its pre-Black Friday sale, and I got this Brunello Cucinelli cashmere/silk blend dress. I don't have a lot in 3/4 sleeves for transitional weather. Hopefully this will fit well ... Not sure what the length will be like on me, but my thinking is I can wear leggings underneath if it's on the short side. Since the pandemic I've been wearing shorter dresses. I feel my knees must look better from a distance of at least 6 feet :rofl:

yoox

They say it's dark blue but to me it looks blue grey, and I'm fine with that.

View attachment 1160855

No worries at all - no way for you to know :wink:

I love broderie anglaise as well, and aggree with you - it is such a classic, and works well for both SS and AW.

Ugh, sounds like a hassle with your bag. I would probably have returned it as well.

Such a lovely dress. Are you planning on wearing it for a specific event (not that there are a lot of those these days, at least here..)?

I ordered the maternity/babywearing coat on my wishlist a few weeks back but the fit just wasn't right. Was planning on buying my current Ganni wrap coat in a larger size instead (available 2nd hand), but with the pandemic, maternity leave and being 8 months pregnant I just don't go out a whole lot these days and the mild fall weather means that my current coat is still fine albeit I have to wear it more open than usually. Thinking I will just wait untill the baby is here and see if I will need a carrier coat and take it from there.

Right now I feel pretty much settled wardrobe wise. I am feeling very drawn towards navy items ATM. Eyeing a navy Ganni wrap dress with small white hearts as (kinda like polkadots), as well as a navy turtleneck sweater. I think I will see if the dress makes the sales, and concerning the sweater I am kind of holding out as well, as I am having a hard time estimating my size these days.

congratulations on your marriage, betina!
the broderie anglaise dress with the moon earrings sound/look lovely for the occasion.
so glad the dr. martens worked out for you in the end -- cute with all the dresses.
and eight months already... it's getting exciting :smile:

really nice dress, ta-ta! the colour looks blue-grey as well on my screen, and it looks beautiful, I love those kind of in-between-y shades... hope it works out, when it arrives!

I treated myself to a dries van noten bag I absolutely did not *need* as such -- I rarely use a clutch anyway, and where would I wear a clutch in the forseeable future? but I've loved this bag for a long time (been on a pinterest board for years) and when I saw it on vestiare collective, I could not resist :crush:
bought it as a gift to myself, to celebrate better times ahead.
(and! I realised I can make it into a cross-body bag using a green belt I bought this spring, which is exactly the same colour! such a lucky coincidence! :clap:)

1706ace5c2dc4dc2918013d175c30b47.jpg

(pic from pinterest)

I'm looking forward to getting the dress! This label does a lot of sequin knits, and it's mostly meant for daywear I think ... the sleeve detail on this dress is very casual. So yes, you're exactly right ... no events planned here either :smile: Their knit dresses are super comfortable, so I'm thinking I can wear this for WFH, as well as eating out with a friend this fall, as well as in the spring, or shopping. Those are my main activities these days!

betina, makes sense to wait on the coat now ... glad the weather is cooperating! We are having a slightly chilly fall, cool enough for some leaf color and fires in the fireplace and nice walks ... all I can ask for! Carrier coats must be a new thing, or a Danish thing? :smile: I don't think I've seen them here. I see people wearing carrier wraps, but I haven't noticed them being built in to anything. The Ganni dress sounds sweet :heart:

twistelette, glad you found something you love ... and making it cross-body is even better! I find them very practical, and I think that way you could wear it for day as well ... like with a grey sweater dress would be cute!

@twistelette: thank you :flower: and yeah, time has sure passed incredibly fast.

Loving your new bag - such a nice statement piece, yet I can also see it paired with other prints. With the strap I guess you should be able to get quite a bit of wear out of it even though there aren't a lot of events that calls for a clutch. I don't wear cluthes much either but still have my YSL mail clutch bought back in 2012, and while I don't wear it often it is a nice piece to be able to pull out of my wardrobe for special occasions.

@fashionista-ta: I really like the idea of sequins for working from home! Not sure whether carrier coats are a Danish thing. A lot of maternity coats doubles as carrier coats which is nice since it makes for longer wear. They are just coats with room to fit a baby in a carrier wrap - so not a coat with a built in carrier :smile: I am still thinking that my regular coat (or the same coat in a larger size) should be able to work for the purpose though.

Finalised my summer purchases :flower:

dress1.png
dress2.png

necklace.png
shoes.png

bathers.png

h&m.com / anthropologie / novo / shein.com

^ The shift looks very comfortable! And The Sun is definitely a good Tarot pick :wink: Haven't seen jewelry like this before.

its been ages since i came here. quite shocked to see this thread not on first page.

how are you everyone?

Doing well, how are you? Haven't heard from Betina in quite awhile, hope she's doing well ...

Yesterday I bought a new tote bag (beige with brown seams) for fall, as well as a new black broderie anglaise dress. I think it may be the most flattering dress I've ever had, so I'm excited!

^that bag looks so nice and easy to carry!

I've been living in Tod's patent leather loafers for a few months now...two pairs, one in black and one in oxblood. They're super comfy, my clothing wardrobe might be impossible to boil down to 4-5 pieces but the shoes have a way of distilling themselves (rotation no. 3 and 4 are navy Ferragamos - one pair of slim loafers, one pair of Varas)

^ Thanks! Just an fyi that the 4-5 pieces is additions per season vs the whole wardrobe :wink:

At the beginning of October I triple-fractured my ankle and had surgery, and have acquired some pieces to accommodate that. While I was wearing a boot, I wore normal shoes on my left foot. Now I am wearing a pair of unstructured primal Mary Janes that I already had, and I've ordered another similar pair from the same company (Softstar) in a custom metallic copper with platinum (looks like pale gold) trim. Hopefully those won't take too long to arrive! They say they're made in Oregon by elves ... perhaps elf magic will allow them to get done faster? :wink: The pair I'm wearing now is purple, and I'm pretty sure none of my other shoes will fit for awhile. Metallic goes with everything ...

I don't have many dresses, so I bought a few ... with pockets for around the house, and for wearing out. I went on a bit of a Universal Standard kick while they had their early Black Friday sales going on. I bought a hoodie sweatshirt dress that came in handy for the rain (I couldn't carry an umbrella at the time), and a Faherty organic cotton dress with several Indian prints--definitely the most busy thing I've bought in years! But nice and cheery.

So happy to see some activity in here, although I can see that I am late to the party. Hope everyone is doing well!

@fashionista-ta: how is your ankle after surgery? Hope your recovery is going well!

I am doing really great - I am loving motherhood - although it has meant more purchases than I would have liked during the past few years, in terms of body changes, finding clothing suitable for nursing and being a mum in general (so many stains, and a whole other level of wear and tear - I even started wearing jeans and at this stage have 3 pairs in my wardrobe, which is probably the first time in 20ish years).

I think and hope that I have reached a stage where my wardrobe is suitable for my new lifestyle and hope that I can make do with fewer purchases this year. Also, I am trying to prioritize shopping second hand and from smaller brands.

Hoping to hear how you all are doing :flower:

So nice to hear from you, betina :wub: Glad you're doing well. The pastor's wife in the church I grew up in was big on giving advice to people, and one of those pieces of advice was to women who'd gotten married that they start buying things that buttoned in the front, etc. I remember one such woman being so irritated because she'd followed that advice, never buying anything else, and then could no longer fit into any of those tops/dresses when she was nursing :stuart: The best laid plans ...

Thanks for asking about my ankle. I recently finished physical therapy and was proud of myself for doing yard work this past weekend for the first time since it happened. It takes a full year to heal, so I won't know for awhile what the end results will be. I'm still wearing compression socks and ankle sleeves ... not sure how long that will go on, and not sure how I will deal with the scars, which for now don't show. I've been thinking that the ribbons on espadrilles and some ballet flats could help ...

I bought quite a few clothes during the pandemic, and right now my stance is, Convince me I need something! Because I really don't. I do need a new wallet, and I recently bought a Tod's straw bag (crocheted raffia actually) in the same style as the one above. The straw is straw colored :rofl: and the leather is tan (if anyone wants to see a pic, I will post). I'm going to get an insert for it as the raffia part doesn't have any structure--not sure if that will be custom or not. I'm planning to get an Hermes wallet as I've been frustrated with the quality and repairability (I think I just made up a word) of the Lanvin one I'm carrying now. They have spa service ostensibly for everything they make, and have for many years. I'm also looking for a pair of grey ballet flats, considering Chanel. If anyone has tips for a good, comfortable all-leather ballet flat that's elasticated or adjustable (most Chanel are not), please let me know. (Right now I'm wearing at most a 1/2 inch heel ... we'll see how that goes.) Nice details a plus! I will probably also add to my bag collection a bit.

For physical therapy (2x a week) I had to take my sock off and on, and ride a bike, so needed a wide leg pant ... so I had a couple in my closet hemmed to wear with flats. I also bought one new pair of Paige wide-leg coated black jeans, which I really love.

yes, ta-ta. please let us see your raffia tod’s. tod’s is my fave brand for a long long time, and i might need a new tote (my d-bag from 2008ish has finally shown some wear and tear).

and the black broderie anglaise dress looks a lot like mine, but mine is fuchsia. seems broderie anglaise is quite popular in this thread

I couldn't find mine online when I was looking for a picture to send with my custom insert order, so here's mine. I take that to mean this colorway is sold out, but there's also a multi-stripe and chocolate brown.

Broderie anglaise is very popular with me, and I think betina likes it too? I bought several eyelet tops from Lily Pulitzer last year ... white, coral, and lavender ones. I tried some eyelet espadrilles (different designer), but they didn't fit!

Tods raffia.jpg

^ Thanks! I think you should :smile: There are so many different styles and colors and finishes, there has to be one for you ...

PS I was in the Tod's store the other weekend to pick up my other bag from being cleaned. They had the baby version of the raffia bag (which can also be worn cross-body) available in my colorway, and they may have also had my exact bag, so there's still some availability.

Welcome, Parker102! Let us know if you have any questions. :purpleheart: (Wow, I see the emojis have changed, and our OG ones are gone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->