The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by Thread Manager, Aug 5, 2017.

1. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ Oh dear ... images seem to be broken again? Or I guess it's just editing to add an image that doesn't work ...

LNA tee.jpg

2. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Totally my color! Lol.
    I've also ordered black shorts.

fashionista-ta likes this.
  3. fashionista-ta

^ For sure :wink: Hopefully you can see the mesh and stitching detail. It's a bit hard to discern because it's ... all black :smartass:

Nymphaea likes this.
  4. barbaraaa

barbaraaa Member

Hello, everyone :smile: long time no see! I have moved houses in November and then this pandemic settled which means my life has been a bit hectic...

I wore Ta-ta's Burberry nearly the whole winter :heart: I will be sending you a private message with a photo! I also haven't shopped a lot for the past couple of months, although I have bought a couple of things this summer's sales... despite the fact I've been in home isolation since early March.

Here's some pics of what I've bought since last time :smile:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    stories.com , yoox.com

These two dresses I bought during the winter and have been lovely. Our winter wasn't too harsh and I was able to layer them nicely.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    stories.com

Some knits. The grey one is very chunky and cosy. I've worn everything often and the cardigan and grey jumper I even worn before I gave up on getting dressed to WfH :rolleyes: the striped one was complimented often.

[​IMG]
    asos.com

I had wanted these trainers for ages, then suddenly they had like a 50% discount. Sadly I bought them in February which means I've worn them twice.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    asos.com

These two I've bought since the isolation and have worn. The yellow raincoat for some walks with my dog, the black top for when I need to go shopping, to the dentist, etc. The smock cut is very comfortable.

Now for the totally unworn (they have arrived within the last two weeks)...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    stories.com , mango.com , spartoo.pt , yoox.com

The long sleeved shirt was on my wishlist for MONTHS and had sold out; suddenly it became available again, on sale (!!!) so I had to have it. The snake print dress seems lovely and breezy for the very few outings I'll be doing this summer (the dentist - I got braces in November! -, etc). The yellow striped blouse is similar to a style I'd seen in the past, but which was in polyester (this one is cotton/linen mix).

The sandals are Les Tropeziennes which I've read wonders about and shall also be nice for the few errands I'll be running in the summer. I also found that 8 by Yoox coat with a SUPER nice discount, and ordered it on Thursday! And since I got a cat and a dog with fur in a similar colour last winter, I guess it'll be a good addition... rather than my black winter coat :wink:

So these are all my buys since I last posted! Not so bad for 8-9 months, right?

I hope everyone is doing well and is safe and healthy.

Piet Retief likes this.
  5. fashionista-ta

^ Glad to hear you're enjoying the trench! I too have shoes (and a few other things) I haven't worn yet. Today I'm wearing a new top I got for the heat of the summer, which is now upon us ... 100 degree days are common now. I got a couple new protest Ts ... let's see what else since I posted last ...

Your pearl grey sweater looks really pretty, and I like the smock top too.

Right now I'm shopping for some earrings that work better with masks--in particular, the elastic strings. All of mine are either large hoops or hook style, and the strings either get caught in them, or pull them out. I may have some customized a bit ... waiting for a quote.

6. fashionista-ta

I've gotten some loungewear and athleisure pieces, and I seem to be collecting colored jeans. T-shirt dresses are nice for days when I'm working but don't have any meetings, and I can just throw them in the washer.

stitchfix

new purchases 2.jpg
    New purchases.jpg