The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

Hope everyone is healthy and stay healthy!

^Sounds like lovely items. Because of the pandemic I'm mostly at home wearing lounge clothes, very comfy but not very fashionable lol.

My quilt! Still working on it. There are 49 large blocks: 42 heads of cats on blocks + 7 star blocks. Then there are little blocks around this all as a border. I'm using all the colors of the rainbow. It's fairly easy but very time consuming. Saw a print with cats I'm going to use for the second one.

But back on topic. I've got the Jil Sander coat! It's fab. Nice sturdy wool. Can't wait to wear it.
Was watching Making the Cut, saw some nice designs by Esther Perbandt on the show. She designs mainly in black, my luck, I love black! :smile: Saw on her website a nice black t-shirt and a oversized black blouse. Those will probably my next purchase. :stuart:

^ That's what I like to see, decisiveness :lol: Within the past few days I had to toss one of my summer-weight joggers onto the rag pile. (Btw, they were from Free People's activewear line, which I will be avoiding like the plague--more so, since I know exactly what and where it is! Some of the worst quality I've ever experienced. They bled color, shed lint like crazy, and developed holes all over the place. It was truly something to behold. The holes in the rear convinced me that even loungewear has its limits.) As a result I've requested a Trunk to do a little WFH replenishment.

I have ordered a few things from Stitch Fix, some of which I mentioned but couldn't post because of the image problem, so let me show you now ... the last ones are a pink brown that I believe should work nicely with my Zimmermann polka dot top. I was expecting the tie dye joggers to be knit, but in fact they are fabric. Ah well ...

I should now be set for purple jeans :angel:

stitchfix

upload_2020-5-4_17-22-50.png
upload_2020-5-4_17-24-25.png

^Loooove the color palette and everything looks comfy. In recent years I'm more into comfy than I was before. Because of that I can wear them more and enjoy them more.
Hope to have my order before the end of the week. Curious for the quality.

^ Thank you :flower: I am seriously wondering at this point if I will buy dress pants again, beyond what I already own. It seems to be so much easier for me to get the fit I want with jeans or casual pants. And coated black jeans can be dressed up pretty well.

Agree on comfort! Especially WFH I am very conscious of it. But it becomes more of a priority as time goes on for just about all of us, I think.

I have my Trunk preview, and it seems that Nordstrom and Trunk Club stock are very low. They've had some great sales and apparently haven't bought anything new yet. Hopefully I will end up with something that works! I try to have ~4 pairs of WFH pants appropriate to the current season so that I don't have to scramble to do laundry so I have something to wear. I also ordered (from Stitch Fix) a black T with a mesh insert, kind of modernist looking. I've been casually looking for an interesting black top or two for months now. We'll see how this works ...

PS I don't think I've ever seen a cat quilt before! I hope you'll share yours when it's done ...

stitchfix

lna-tee-jpg.1148200

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Oh dear ... images seem to be broken again? Or I guess it's just editing to add an image that doesn't work ...

LNA tee.jpg

^ For sure :wink: Hopefully you can see the mesh and stitching detail. It's a bit hard to discern because it's ... all black :smartass:

Hello, everyone :smile: long time no see! I have moved houses in November and then this pandemic settled which means my life has been a bit hectic...

I wore Ta-ta's Burberry nearly the whole winter :heart: I will be sending you a private message with a photo! I also haven't shopped a lot for the past couple of months, although I have bought a couple of things this summer's sales... despite the fact I've been in home isolation since early March.

Here's some pics of what I've bought since last time :smile:

0946824be10ada1c5edbf7e4c2df161f.jpg
0b4cb7cecf55c59e5478e4d27af08879.jpg

stories.com , yoox.com

These two dresses I bought during the winter and have been lovely. Our winter wasn't too harsh and I was able to layer them nicely.

f2813a47aebd353322fdee1e278ae3f9.jpg
ad14a08aa9d38902134de5cc75307a23.jpg
3206269c4f9124994890d10b357053ce.jpg

stories.com

Some knits. The grey one is very chunky and cosy. I've worn everything often and the cardigan and grey jumper I even worn before I gave up on getting dressed to WfH :rolleyes: the striped one was complimented often.

e54229cf5b7a4867d03fd49e1755d89e.jpg

asos.com

I had wanted these trainers for ages, then suddenly they had like a 50% discount. Sadly I bought them in February which means I've worn them twice.

c20477e748c0037d472c94f8a2274f0a.jpg
511e8d8a542e28b533ab39a2d32cf851.jpg

asos.com

These two I've bought since the isolation and have worn. The yellow raincoat for some walks with my dog, the black top for when I need to go shopping, to the dentist, etc. The smock cut is very comfortable.

Now for the totally unworn (they have arrived within the last two weeks)...
c8d0f5878eb35185e3d79350c697aec2.jpg
6363cd08d1635dbc37cb8125eece6b0b.jpg
ea1fe774bc630f135e509a18788aaf01.jpg
2cd7b0066388f855f7ce2c168b2314be.jpg
c5c731655d23de311036d8ac7b860ddd.jpg

stories.com , mango.com , spartoo.pt , yoox.com

The long sleeved shirt was on my wishlist for MONTHS and had sold out; suddenly it became available again, on sale (!!!) so I had to have it. The snake print dress seems lovely and breezy for the very few outings I'll be doing this summer (the dentist - I got braces in November! -, etc). The yellow striped blouse is similar to a style I'd seen in the past, but which was in polyester (this one is cotton/linen mix).

The sandals are Les Tropeziennes which I've read wonders about and shall also be nice for the few errands I'll be running in the summer. I also found that 8 by Yoox coat with a SUPER nice discount, and ordered it on Thursday! And since I got a cat and a dog with fur in a similar colour last winter, I guess it'll be a good addition... rather than my black winter coat :wink:

So these are all my buys since I last posted! Not so bad for 8-9 months, right?

I hope everyone is doing well and is safe and healthy.

^ Glad to hear you're enjoying the trench! I too have shoes (and a few other things) I haven't worn yet. Today I'm wearing a new top I got for the heat of the summer, which is now upon us ... 100 degree days are common now. I got a couple new protest Ts ... let's see what else since I posted last ...

Your pearl grey sweater looks really pretty, and I like the smock top too.

Right now I'm shopping for some earrings that work better with masks--in particular, the elastic strings. All of mine are either large hoops or hook style, and the strings either get caught in them, or pull them out. I may have some customized a bit ... waiting for a quote.

I've gotten some loungewear and athleisure pieces, and I seem to be collecting colored jeans. T-shirt dresses are nice for days when I'm working but don't have any meetings, and I can just throw them in the washer.

stitchfix

new purchases 2.jpg
New purchases.jpg

Long time no see! I hope you are all doing well despite the current state of affairs. Anyone else still here?

@barbaraaa: nice to see you here again and nice purchases. I really like the tree print on that shirt. Looks like something out of a fairytale.

@fashionista-ta: I am loving the polkadot tote as well as the shoes. Perfect dressy-flats.

Between starting a new job in January, moving in February and the lockdown in March, 2020 has been quite the year so far... and in April i found out that I am pregnant - expecting a baby girl come December. Which is also the reason for the silence on my part (hello morning sickness).

I thought 2020 would be very low-buy due to the lockdown, but with a changing body I have had to make more than a few additions since even the stuff I thought I could wear became too small early on. I made a capsule in the end of April and had to remove half of the dresses from my closet a month later since they were too small. So far I haven't shopped more than last year though. I have mostly bought non-maternity dresses and so far have only bought a few maternity basics (tights, leggins). Hoping to keep it that way.

Best purchases have been the brown Ganni wrap dress which I've basically lived in, along with the Ganni gingham wrap skirt that I got second hand. Right now the Munthe floral dress is great as well. Best bargain this year was the Stine Goya boots, which I found marked down 85%.

Next purchases will hopefully be a dress for a wedding I am attending in two weeks. Right now I am really struggling finding something that I like, fits and that I will be able to wear afterwards.

Pics via zalando.dk, munthe.dk, ganni.com, stinegoya.com, samsoesamsoe.com, envii.com, apof.dk and boozt.com

purchases2020.PNG

What exciting news, betina ... congratulations!! I hear you on the wedding! My wedding related purchases have been a mixed bag. The shoes I bought for my brother's second wedding were such a great buy, but the skirt I'm not sure I ever wore again. Sending you good shopping karma ...

I have ordered a zebra print T (believe it has some linen) and a pair of mid-purple jeans with a red cast, will see how they work.

Thank you, @twistelette and @fashionista-ta <3

I actually found a dress, but in the end I decided that it was just "ok" and not something that I would get much wear out of afterwards. I ended up wearing a floral dress that I have worn for work on several occasions, but with the right styling it was perfectly fine.

Last week I also found that my one good pair of everyday sandals had to go to the cobblers and since I didn't have time to go to the cobbler and it has been way too hot for closed shoes I ordered a pair of Lala Berlin sandals. I'm thinking they will be a good addition.

How did you like your linen tee, @fashionista-ta? I find that the linen really helps the durability.

munthe gardenia.jpglalaberlinsandals.jpeg

Pica via vanilia.dk and bahne.dk

^ Pretty!

I love the linen T! I seem to be more picky about tops than bottoms, and this one hit the mark. I like the texture too ... and so lightweight and cool.

cute dress, Betina! and I like the print on the sandals. they seem really 'you', but also like a fresh take on your style :heart:
I heard from most of my friends who have children that they didn't buy a lot of maternity wear, except a few basic pieces. they could then mix in with a lot of pieces they already had, with a bit of creativity. most of all, hope everything is going well and that you are feeling well!

I like the purple-y colour palate, fashionista-ta! I like linen t-shirts a lot as well... your observation about being more picky about tops made me wonder if I'm the same... maybe the huge amounts of videocalls in the last six months have made a difference?

as for me, I've been buying online only since march. I got a couple of really nice shoes, a pair of sandals with a small platform from Moma, and some lace up flats from Marsèll. besides that, a whole lot of basics (leggings, t-shirts, slip dresses...) + some items from vestiare collective, but only stuff that I 'know' already -- I got a knit sweater that is a duplicate of one I had before and wore absolutely to shreds, navy cotton from Humanoid, a blazer from Vanessa Bruno in the same style I already have in a different fabric, a Vanessa Bruno silk top that I tried on in a store years ago, didn't get it and always regretted it, and another Vanessa Bruno top -- light grey knit with some sparkle) that I used to have in a slightly different version, but the same fabric. Got rid of it and also regretted that.
So, I don't know what to make of this pattern :smile:

Can't seem to find a picture of the Marsèll flats, but here are the Moma sandals:

11799559tb_12_f.jpg

(source: modesense.com)

Hi everyone! Long time no see.

Congratulations @Betinapple such fantastic news! All the very best with your pregnancy and safe delivery of a baby girl this winter :smile: Hope you find a system that works when it comes to your wardrobe and your current needs.

@barbaraaa I love your purchases, especially the shoes, the coat and shirts!

@twistelette I totally get you when it comes to buying things that you already know. I have bee the same those past few years. I realised that I am not very adventurous when it comes to brands nor my style. I have a summer/spring/autumn/winter "uniform" which works for me, a few brands I gravitate towards for my staples and I stick to it. The only thing that has changed is that I am now slowly incorporating more colours to my handbags and buying more jewellery & hats. There is no chance for me to work from home so no change to my work wardrobe :lol:

I recently did my first purchases of 2020: a pair of Castaner wedges in a lower heel than what I currently have, and an everyday crossbody bag to bring some colour to my summer wardrobe and one pair of pearl earrings.

YokoLondon.jpg Castaner.jpg Givenchy.png

^ Very nice purchases!

How nice that you've been able to find so many old favorites, twistelette!

Have ordered and returned some things lately. A white eyelet blouse with fit issues (on my sofa as we speak, not quite returned yet); burgundy snake print jeans, same. All was good except for the muffin top effect ... it seems that a slight difference in rise makes all the difference in fit. I like a high-medium to high rise. I kept the purple jeans I mentioned and will wear them on Sunday for dinner with a friend on a steakhouse patio. We are intrepid because it's generally pretty hot here in August, but needs must where the devil drives ...

@twistelette:thank you! :smile: funny regarding the sandals, since I felt they were a bit different than what I would usually go for, but so far I am really liking them. I am generally doing well but it has started to get a bit heavy. I think that my pre-pregnancy wardrobe wasn't very maternity friendly (I generally like things with a defined waist which just doesn't work ATM). So in that sense I have had to make some investments. The only maternity items I have bought are a pair of leggins and stockings, though. I hate the idea of buying something I will only wear for a few months, so it is nice that I have been able to get by with additions that are regular yet maternity-friendly options.

So great that you were able to find that Vanessa Bruno silk top 2nd hand - I love when that happens. Also I really like the sandals. They look very comfy.

@EvaH: good to "see" you here and thank you! :smile: sounds so nice that you have nailed your uniform. I really like the wedges.

@fashionista-ta:
thx! I have been returning quite a few things lately as well (fit issues). Purple jeans sounds cool. How are you styling them?

Has anyone else started planning their AW wardrobe? I spent a few hours planning mine a couple of weeks ago, and while it seemed like a silly activity during a heatwave it appeared to be in due time since it is basically fall now. I don't always prioritize putting together a capsule, but find that it really pays of when I do. Today I have stored away the summer clothes and things that just doesnt fit. Also, I have a few additions in mind:
- Cropped bomber cardigan (knitting it myself in a olive green wool yarn, just need to finish the sleeves and it will be good to go)
- Beige/camel cardigan (will be my next knitting project)
- Sweater vest (knitting it myself, cannot decide whether to go for a beige or a dark brown colour)
- Plaid shirt dress - thinking this will be really versatile
- Maternity winter coat. Can be transformed into a regular coat as well and be used with a baby carrier once baby girl arrives
- Dr. Martens winter boots. Ideally I will wait until I am sure what size will fit me postpartum, but my Billi Bi boots from last year are pinching me and my old winter boots are on the verge of wearing out.
- A new mid-size crossbody bag. I have fallen in love with the ACNE musubi mini in the almond colour. I wasn't planning on making a large investment like that ATM but my other bag that size is wearing out and I haven't bought an investment bag since I got my Mulberry Willow in 2015. Still a bit on the fence in terms of whether I should be saving my money for something else, but at the same time I think it is a classic that will serve me well for years to come. Me and my bayswater just celebrated our 10 years anniversary, and I still use it all weekdays as my work-bag.

pics via acnestudios.com, spektakelstrik.dk, fiftyfabulous.dk, drmartens.com, aiayu.com, jollyroom.dk

aw20wishlist.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"