The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list, more or less, of what I wanted this season:

- a cute spring dress
- flat gladiators
- 2 pairs of wedge sandals
- a large black leather purse (this is a carry-over from fall, I just never found one.)

Also, my best friend is getting married in June (I'm maid of honor, so it's an even bigger deal to me!), and I need to get a bridesmaid dress, something to wear for the rehearsal dinner, and something to wear to the brunch the day after (any suggestions for the last two outfits are much appreciated). Should this count as part of what I need this season? Or are these special occasions, so it's exempt?

Anyway, what I have from my list so far:

- gladiators
tumblr_l0w0e32GiH1qzs9mso1_500.jpg

- one pair of wedge sandals
4462391085_d5f9503580_o.jpg

- black leather purse
4533028908_eaa8861d8a.jpg

(sources: Gladiators & black leather purse are my own photos, the wedges are from Nordstrom)

something to wear for the rehearsal dinner, and something to wear to the brunch the day after (any suggestions for the last two outfits are much appreciated). Should this count as part of what I need this season? Or are these special occasions, so it's exempt?

First of all, I would say that they are exempt from the list because they are for a special occasion. Having said that, I would probably try to buy pieces that you will be able to wear again, so that they become valuable in your wardrobe rather than just things you purchased on a whim because you had to.

I'm not sure if the cultures are different where we live, but for a rehearsal dinner here a simple black dress would probably be fine. This would be an easy versatile purchase to make, or if you already have a LBD in your wardrobe, I would wear that. For the brunch I would go a lot more casual to fit the relaxed mood after the wedding. A nice sundress, cardigan (if cold) and pretty flats would probably be appropriate.

Thanks, Belowen. I was thinking that whatever my "spring" dress ended up being could work as the brunch outfit. I'm going to ask my friend if it's okay to wear black, because I do have a LBD I could wear. :smile: I really appreciate your input!

anntaylor

Got this blouse today to go under my black summer jacket (pic in original thread :wink:) for interviewing ... it was really challenging to find a neckline and color that worked well. This is really pretty ... the color is called Hyacinth.

While there, I noted that probably 75% of everything in the store is very Lanvin-inspired ... some of the more interesting pieces were nearly sold out. It looked really nice this season ...

FirstFrame.jpg

fashionista-ta- Love that top! It's perfect for interviewing.

& like fashionista-ta, my newest acquisition is from Ann Taylor (although Ann Taylor LOFT.) I got my fuscia bridesmaid dress. (Although the bride said she wants me to order a rosette sash they have on the Ann Taylor website... will probably order it before the 25th so as to use the 30% off discount they have right now.)

4544702511_4fa6475969_o.jpg

image source: Ann Taylor LOFT website

^it's gorgeous and you'll be able to wear it again.

^it's gorgeous and you'll be able to wear it again.

Definitely! I'm not the biggest fan of fuscia because I think it borders on cheesy, but this dress is so pretty I know I'll wear it again.

Okay so I have a $50 voucher to spend today and I am on the hunt for a good boyfriend style blazer... Wish me luck! :lol:

Annnnnnd, I got one! It's not as long length as I was wanting, but all of the long length ones I saw were double breasted at the bottom and were not flattering to my figure at all. I found a single button blazer that fits perfectly, on sale! With it being on sale and with my $50 voucher it only ended up costing me $19.95. Bargain! So that is something else I can cross off of my list for this season ^_^

Annnnnnd, I got one! It's not as long length as I was wanting, but all of the long length ones I saw were double breasted at the bottom and were not flattering to my figure at all. I found a single button blazer that fits perfectly, on sale! With it being on sale and with my $50 voucher it only ended up costing me $19.95. Bargain! So that is something else I can cross off of my list for this season ^_^

Ahhhhh where was this from?
I always just seem to find shorter style ones with a large price tag

Ahhhhh where was this from?
I always just seem to find shorter style ones with a large price tag

Surprisingly it was from Sussan! I am from Perth too, and went to look in the Karrinyup store. They had a sale rack with about 5 different styles of black blazer all at an extra 30% off of the sale price. So they end up being about $70, which is not bad considering the quality of the product ^_^

Surprisingly it was from Sussan! I am from Perth too, and went to look in the Karrinyup store. They had a sale rack with about 5 different styles of black blazer all at an extra 30% off of the sale price. So they end up being about $70, which is not bad considering the quality of the product ^_^

Wow this is great - I think i might have to go have a look.
Thankyou for this information :flower:

misstarshine, fashionista-ta thanks for your replies about shopping at thrift stores. I may try sticking to a theme the next time I go, since I'm very fond of prints, rather than a single color palette. Maybe 40s-style prints or something like that.

I do know that I would like to have more black items in my wardrobe, so I do need to focus my shopping.

^ Lingerie doesn't count! Unless you're buying something especially fabulous ... If I ever get that couture bra in Paris, that will count :lol:

uh oh...... then my wish list for summer are:
-. printed silk top (am thinking kimono style)
-. white peep toe shoes
-. black pants for replenishment << does this count?
-. oval golden hoops earring
-. oversize sunnies

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I do count replenishment items :wink: Right now I need a new white T, a new black top, casual sandals, and new walking shoes. The white T doesn't count ...

for my peep toe shoes, am thinking a tan ferragamo (the one with bow) type. what do you think?

^ I'm not familiar with the exact style you're talking about, but I've definitely seen some of the recent takes on the classic bow style that are very cute. I think what I saw & liked was a slingback flat ... the old style ones I feel like you need to be quite young to wear. Otherwise there's no irony & they just make you look older ...

I've been looking at flat sandals ... I realized the only pair I have is metallic & dressy. So I need some that are more casual ... I always end up buying heels :innocent: For some reason I have it in my mind that a $$$ shoe should have a heel :P Time to get a grip ...

I no longer need a new fitted white tee as I worked a little laundry room magic :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->