The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
betinapple My style icon is Alexa Chung, so I have a style similar to her. My main problem is winter, when because I don't have appropiate clothes I layer ANYTHING just to be warm. I try to have fun with clothes, and not be so basic, so somentimes I end up buying crazy printed/shaped stuff that doesn't match with anything I have.
A while ago I cleaned up my closet, very old/not my style anymore clothes went away, so now I can see clearly what I have and what I need.
I think I only need to focus and to make a nice winter wardrobe.

Rachelle The advice the ladies gave you are the best, I think you should avoid 100% polyester clothes- especially on dresses, shirts- , your skin doesn't breathes. For me they are not comfortable.

@RedAndNavy: I totally forgot to ask. Where in Denmark are you going to? Could be fun bumping in to you :wink:

@Juliette: I am not sure since I have had mine for ages but have you tried ASOS? Sounds like something they would have,

betinapple--i checked the mulberry site & the bag isn't there!! too new i guess? probably if the ad isn't in your magazines, you can find it in our ad campaign section?

re fabrics ... just wanted to mention viscose = rayon and is a natural fiber. i also have mild winters & my sweaters are typically cotton or silk. i think cotton can wear very well ... i have no issues there. i have at least 7 cotton sweaters i've had for years & years.

juliette, the pink makes alot more sense now that i see you do have basic bags already :flower:

what's the issue with your black skirt? that's an item that does take considerable patience. everyone wants the good ones & they can sell out fast. it is also a good investment item as you'll get so much wear out of a good one.

barbara, suggest taking your shoes to the cobbler. mine was able to repair the shoes i was wearing when i fell. there were about 4 significant scrapes down to raw leather on both shoes & they are wearable now. they are glazed kidskin.

carolinab, i do like to have a few heavy things for the coldest days, but layering is actually extremely effective & practical--definitely not a 'wrong' approach.

@Ta-ta: I had a sense that viscose was actually a natural fiber but I was not quite sure. I have never owned a cotton sweater but my 100% cotton blouses do not tend to wear that nice. Maybe I have just been unfortunate.

Oh.. I actually bought some black dye in the weekend to dye my skirt and my black jeans that have lost some of the colour. The package says it will colour fabric weing approx 250 g. and states a shirt as an example, guess it would be enough for my skirt as well? It is lightweight (simple cotton).

IMG_0001_zps52006531.jpg

@Ta-ta: Weird about the bag. I do not read magazines so I'll try to look in the ad section.

Sorry about bumping the thread. My memory sucks today.

Is this the bag you are talking about?

mlbry_ss13_willow_biscuit_sp-oyestermag_zpsed481b45.jpg

pic via oystermag.com

Last edited by a moderator:
betinapple: my experience with dying clothes is that it's important to use as much dye as needed for the amount (weight) of the clothes you're dying, if you want to get a nice deep colour. you can use multiple packets of dye in one go (and don't have to up the amount of salt you're using). maybe you have some kitchen scales you can weigh your skirt and jeans on?

betinapple: my experience with dying clothes is that it's important to use as much dye as needed for the amount (weight) of the clothes you're dying, if you want to get a nice deep colour. you can use multiple packets of dye in one go (and don't have to up the amount of salt you're using). maybe you have some kitchen scales you can weigh your skirt and jeans on?

Yeah I was actually thinking that the only thing that could go wrong was that the colour didn't get deep enough. Unfotunately I do not have a kitchen scale. Maybe I'll just try. It is a really light skirt. I would use at least two packages for the jeans though.

Thx :flower:

Just wanted to say: Tata recently posted something that I think is sooo important. Never get yourself stressed with the thought that something that you love might get sold out before you get it. I know it's hard but honestly: something else will turn up some day. I had a time when the "low stock" lable on some online shopping sides really made me hit that "shop now" button quick. But I've learned since that I never really run out of ideas about what I could get - and there is always one thing that I feel I must have (and if there isn't there very soon will be :lol:)

For me, it helps to think that my wardrobe is a process rather than something I must achieve quickly. I buy piece after piece within moderation and good reflection. And honestly, I might take two years to finally buy the work pants I wanted but did I die because I didn't have them? No B) I might not always be as stylish as I could be but that's okay.

In that sense I've decided to buy the denim jacket in March and wait with the blouse. I hope it'll still be available in April. If it's not... Well then, I will survive and something else will show up. I don't want to double up now because I now myself: if I buy two things in March I will still be looking out for something else in April and it will be hard to resist. :wink:

@RedAndNavy: I think that is very wise.

I have previously fallen into that trap quite a lot and I still do it once in a while - when thriftshopping. Your best friend in that situation I think is the very flexible return policies most stores offer these days. When I take an item home and do not have to "fear" it selling out I can easier decide if that item would really do something good for my wardrobe as a whole. It requires you to be able to actually take it back if it doesn't, though but I have never had a problem with that.

@Me: My leather jacket arrived today - yay! :flower: At first I was disappointed since the leather is partly structured which was impossible to see in the webshop picture, but then I put it on and I instantly loved it. On second thought I like the punched trough leather since it will really add some structure to my wardrobe which will be really nice when worn with black. Which I tend to wear a lot. It is so well made, the leather is super thin and soft, and the cut is gorgeous and fits me were will, I think. I was not sure how the drape effect in the front would look on me since I am short but I actually think it suits me very nice and adds a nice edge to my looks. Tried it on with a bunch of my clothes and I thinked it worked very well with all of them.

However I am an overthinker so the tags is still on. I do want to wear it tomorrow though (or right now, but I am home sick and will have to go back to bed in a minute) and that tells me that it is a keeper. Usually when I feels this way about a something it will be a perfect item for me.

Sorry about the messy pictures. We are redecorating to make office space for my boyfriend.

DSC_0100_zps4f7405d8.jpg

DSC_0102_zps04c4aa23.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsfd8d9d7b.jpg

I agree you look beautiful but I think I've already told you that I think that :P you always make things work and I wish I'd look that good :-) nice jacket!!

Thx a lot girls. That last pinch of doubt surely has disappeared by now :flower:

beautiful, betinapple!

Thx! I am really happy about it. Actually I would want to wear it now. One thing down!

It costed me 140 USD marked down from 455$ and you can really see that it is a quality jacket. The detailing is superb.

I am planning on wearing it tomorrow for school and work (if I get well). We have a special event at work tomorrow for this years confirmands and I want to look nice.

So.. I've created a pinterest profile, but I have no clue how this thing works. Can anyone give me a quick introduction and tell me why everyone is so in to it? I haven't seen the light yet, I think :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->