The Acne Thread #3

I used CK for awhile. When I was using it for my first time there really was an effect (I was so happy!).
Later I tried Avene Diacneal which did absoulutely nothing (and that was my worst period, I had real acne-I remember I also posted pic here :( ), then I decided to go back to Cleanance K and I didn't notice much difference. My friend also said when she was on second tube it didn't help her like the first time. Apparently skin got used to it.

My beautician also told me that. My liver wasn't working properly at the time and that was seen on my skin (I had huge break outs), so she said I was probably cleaning through my skin. When I asked my doc about this, she confirmed that was possible and it was actually quite common cause of skin problems.

That's not like that in my case:cry:
For two months now I've been eating healthy,no sweets,no drinks,lots of vegetables and fruit.I don't have any problems with my health,I workout every day,I rarely put foundation on just in some occasions when I need to,and I really take care of my skin but my problem is still there.Sometimes it seems like it's gone but sometimes I get a huge brake out that I can't even see myself in the mirror.

I used CK for awhile. When I was using it for my first time there really was an effect (I was so happy!).
Later I tried Avene Diacneal which did absoulutely nothing (and that was my worst period, I had real acne-I remember I also posted pic here :( ), then I decided to go back to Cleanance K and I didn't notice much difference. My friend also said when she was on second tube it didn't help her like the first time. Apparently skin got used to it.

:flower:

how often did you use CK? every day?

I want to try a new skin care regiment and I've been researching treatments online similar to Proactiv but with better ratings and results, and I found a system called Exposed Acne Treatment.

Their website says they use things like Tea Tree Oil, Green Tea, Jojoba, Olive Leaf Extract, Licorice, etc. They sound very natural, while still using the standard ingredients like Benzoyl Peroxide.

Has anyone ever heard of this or even tried it? I'm considering ordering a 60-day supply of it.

My skin gets irritated/dry pretty easily. I've been looking at Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser. It says that it doesn't over-dry or irritate the skin. Does anyone have any input about Burt's Bees or other products that may help? I also have rather large pores and bumpy skin. Should I be on the look out for toners and dermabrasions?

I think an anti-blemish is well worth a try.
I had quite a few of blackheads and my pores were really big around the outers of my nose. I exfoliated and did a blackhead/acne astringent routine and got it under control. I have combination skin (if that helps) If you're really pale (I am) you can try hydrogen peroxide. That cut down my acne a lot. It kills the bacteria but only do it at night because sunlight is not good for it and will cause hyperpigmentation. The thing with oily skin is that if you clean and strip away the oils the skin kind of freaks out and produces more oil (and more acne) so find a really good acne moisturizer that wont make you break out when you wash your face.
Always wash with warm water it opens your pores.

i use Clinique 'anti-blemish ' for three weeks now... and my skin is getting better and better ^_^ you were right, it was absolutely worth a try :flower:

Just wanted to say, I'm starting my third month of accutane. My skin has been clear from week 3. I'm so happy. :smile: I still have some scars, but I'll have to wait to take care of those later. If anyone's considering accutane, take it!

^^So glad to here its working for you! ^_^

Im using Doxycycline Hyclate and my skin has been nearly perfect after week 4(knocks on wood). Im on week 6 now and im still happy, hopefully it lasts

Has anyone here tried Makeup Artist's Choice products? I am thinking of trying the Mandelic Acid peel. They get fairly good reviews on Makeup Alley.

At 5:38 are they using concealer to cover up his acne, what is it?!

ive been using the cvs version of cetaphil and my face
has cleared up so much also because ive been drinking a lot of water
as well but cetaphil works very well

The best thing to fade scars is a retinoid, or a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid (with a sunscreen on top). Using straight hydrogen peroxide on your skin as some have recommended in this thread is... definitely not protocol. I think you'd be severely irritating the skin and compromising its protective barrier, at a minimum.

Hi guys :D
I have to admit I really don't have big acne problems.. just the regular normal pimples everybody has once in a while, but I used to had bad acne when I was a young teenager, so even though i don't have bad scars or anything I like to try using good treatments to keep my skin healthy. I've been using this treatment: http://www.nuskin.com/en_US/products/nuskin/face_care/clear_action/01110391.html (The Nu Skin Clear Action Acne Medication System) and I HIGHLY recommend it, if you want to try a great treatment and if you can afford it do it because it was a really great experience, it really treats: present, past and future signs of acne. The only problem... *cough cough* It's kind of expensive and I need to buy something cheaper because I'm a student right know and money goes away really fast with books and everything! :innocent::lol:

I would like to keep my skin looking healthy, but I need something cheaper!, so I've been reading LOTS of acne treatments reviews, and also diaries of people who have tried many acne products (because I'm really hard to get convinced by the 1sts references and recommendations I read :lol:) and I discovered this treatment that appearently has worked for many people with serious acne problems and there are more positive comments than negative comments about it: http://www.clearpores.com/?u=73701&c=1
It's call ClearPores and it caught my attention `cause appearently it attacks not only the outside problems of acne, but also with the inside causes... and the most important thing i care about: natural igredients! most of it's ingredients seem to be natural... my skin is very sensitive so I'm very selective about the products i use. Idk, I just thought maybe someone else here would like to try it too.

I`m curious about trying ClearPores (maybe I will in a few months :lol:) but I haven't try it yet so I won`t make any kind of reviews about it, the one that I really know it's a really great acne treatment is that System from Nu Skin, so good luck everybody and i hope this info might be helpfull :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been using Dr Montagne-King for a month and WOW. My skin has improved so much. So happy, and it's all natural. Such a difference though!!

i have horrible acne atm, as soon as i think one thing is working it just comes back even worse! i also have a ton or scars (mostly down the sides of my face) left over from when i had bad acne years ago, not even make up can cover them!
someone told me to mix one part tea tree oil and one part rosehip oil and rub it on the scars, has anyone tried anything like this? im hesitant to try it incase it makes me breakout even more

thesecretninja, Tea tree oil can be great for acne, but it's not very effective for scar treatment, if at all. As I mentioned in the previous post, retinoids (including prescription topical creams like Differin, Retin-A and Tazorac), BHAs (salicylic acid being most common - look for products with a 2% concentration) and AHAs (glycolic acid being very common, and mandelic acid has a great reputation) are pretty much universally regarded as the way to treat scars. They are also the principal means of dealing with active acne, so there is double the benefit.

These increase the rate at which your skin renews itself, much like a physical exfoliant would, only much more effective and less damaging. An important note, however, is that they make minimizing sun exposure a real necessity.

I recommend searching through the skincare boards over at makeupalley.com, or registering and posting your question there, since there are some people with encyclopedic knowledge of this kind of thing. As with all things skincare, what works well is highly individual, but investigating these products is a good starting place.

As a side note, I would ignore the popular notion that vitamin E is good for scars. You're more likely to get more breakouts from the oil than you are to see reduction in scarring.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone ever tried proactive, ive heard it works well but also that it makes dries your skin out horribly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->