The 'Aura' of a Person - Discussion

What an interesting topic, thank you for starting it Couture_Tribe.

I think a person's aura is more to do with nurture than nature. I think that the same person at different stages of their life could have a different sort of aura depending on what they are going through.

AlexN, I'm totally going to be relaxing my face all evening. It sounds like it'll work.

AlexN, I'm totally going to be relaxing my face all evening. It sounds like it'll work.
I was just reminded of this thread this week. I was recording a guitarist in my studio, and she said, "You know, I really enjoy working with you; you have such a calming presence." :shock::lol:

i think...for most people they are born with a aura. but not many people breds it well enough to stand out. or their aura/energy is too common and it doesnt stand out.
it's like talent. everyone is born with a talent but they need to realize it so they can bred it. or else their talent will go to waste.

i dont think there's a definite "good" aura. it has to do with your taste. someone with a strong aura can appeal to some and disgust others. nonetheless, that energy is attractive.
but i think your features will help defind your aura just as much as what you wear, how you talk etc.

my mom and i always talk about it, but in chinese. i can express this topic much better in chinese than in english. i try explaining it to my friend but she doesnt get it.

personally. i find what you read, watch, learn, listen, interact will change that energy. before i came to canada from china around 7 years ago, my aura back than is different from now because im influenced by western culture. so when i go back to china to visit, the people there can sense right away im "different" and forgien even though i look completely chinese with black eyes and hair.
but whether that makes me have an attractive aura is another case.

there's this girl from my school that has a very distinct feel to her. she doesnt have features that screamed gorgeous but something about her attracts the eyes. even when she's practically bald she's attractive. but also intimidating at the same time.
im thinking it her attractiveness has something to do with the books she read :lol:

Interesting thread, and very important with regards to style, I think.

Just my two cents on to how to achieve it: I've been doing yoga for over 12 years, and I find that many wonderful yoga teachers have an amazing aura of shimmering, translucent beauty at any age. I think it's because they are taking care to keep the body, soul, mind, and environment in alignment with nature and "truth", if you will. Maybe also letting go of extra stresses and burdens lets our soul shine through. I think we all have experienced the glow we get from doing things for others, honoring our truest selves, excercising, eating healthily, being silently together with nature, tears of gratitude, connecting deeply with loved ones or with art and music...to me, that's the essence of yoga, and I suspect, an essential part of aura/chi/presence. Audrey Hepburn and the way she lived comes to mind. That said, of course, some people are just born with it!

fashionista-ta said something relevant in another thread...that running out of the house in the morning without centering yourself may be the spiritual equivalent of curlers in your hair and writing accross the butt! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->