What makes a person captivating?

Confidence is definitely #1. They have to be interesting but also have a little heir of mystery. They have to be honest and true to who they are, no one likes a fake person.

Well my first answer to this question would be that you can't always pinpoint such a thing, sometimes it's just the "X" factor. But if I have to get specific, I would say that it is about how expressive they are. If they express themselves well in all areas of their life, then they draw you into their world because they are giving you a taste of who they are through their choice of clothing, facial expressions, music taste.. etc.

imho...

passion...
a twinkle in the eye...
and a dazzling smile...

:P

Well, this thread is veeery interesting and a great example for a captivating person is Helena Bonham Carter.

What makes so captivating is her mix of talent (a very important factor and she knows how to play the hell out of a role), beauty (yes, as shallow as it seems, outstanding beauty does make a person captivating), intelligence, kind-heartness and down-to-earthness. And she also has a lot of charisma.

Originality. When I think captivating I think of people like David Lynch, Morrissey, Salvador Dali and Marilyn Monroe. People who are/were totally unique and passionate enough to follow it through without losing their charm.

Genius always comes in handy too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uniqueness (which to me contributes to mystery), intelligence (to me this is CRUCIAL for any sense of long term captivity), talent, and kindness. Beauty helps initially, but it fades, and it's subjective, to a degree anyhow. :flower:

I agree with Melisande, ´inner energy´ definitely and you can never go wrong with a smile!

A carefree attitude.

There are many beautiful people in the world and they are very easy on the eyes. But there is a difference between someone you see as esthetically pleasing and someone who actually interests you as a person. I always want to know more about someone who knows who they are and are comfortable with who they are.

I don't mean someone who is confident or outgoing, but rather, someone who is at peace with themselves. I'm not sure if I'm actually making sense to anyone else reading...:wink:

I don't mean someone who is confident or outgoing, but rather, someone who is at peace with themselves. I'm not sure if I'm actually making sense to anyone else reading...:wink:

Yes, I agree with you here. Insecurity is not captivating, it is just typical.

To me, there is one huge factor that captivates me towards a person: mystery.
Good mystery. I find that most of the people I am drawn towards are the people who are introverts:
The ones who don't share every little detail about his or her life with others. The ones who exude sweet confidence when he or she walks by without saying a word. The ones who are intelligent and smart (don't have to be geniuses). The ones who have a quiet kindness to them. The ones who are independent and don't depend on others for their happiness. The ones who are not what they appear to be - in good ways, if that makes sense.

I find Blake Lively, Miranda Kerr, and President Obama to be captivating people.

I think a charming personality and genuinely good intentions (paired with a killer pair of shoes, of course!)

a warm, genuine personality. there is nothing more beautiful to me than when a person treats other people with love and kindness.

air of mystery..
:P...
I agree with this ^_^

It's very subjective. It's like asking "what makes a person attractive" almost.

Personally, the obvious person that "stands out" doesn't captivate me.

The mysterious person reading on the bench alone away from the crowd intrigues and captivates me. Doesn't hurt if they're dressed well... but if they end up having a bad personality (smug, stuck up, etc.) then the captivation is completely broken and turned into repulsion :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->