Balenciaga... The All-Things Balenciaga Handbags Thread

^Which letter does it say on the metal sign inside the bag? The last letter on the sign?

congrats on getting an older season bag, Michelle

Hey guys, I need some help. My sister bought a Balenciaga bag for my mom on her birthday last year, but my mom does not want it. It was purchased off of a site Vogue advertised that was selling select design pieces for charity, so I know it's authentic. Unfortunately, my sister doesn't remember the purchase price and lost the invoice, which is a problem as we want to ebay or sell it. Can anyone help me identify the bag and perhaps suggest a listed price value? It has never been worn or removed from the bag in which it came, except to take pics of it. Here's a really rough photo of it. I'll have a better quality pic later tonight when I get my camera.

4jm3v4.jpg

^ I believe the bag is from the '07 period...but unfortunately I have no idea about the price...

it looks like a variation of the tron series, from f/w 07.08...
here's another pic from balenciaga.com

xfc7js.jpg

2jcepvp.jpg

style.com called it the "envelope bag," but balenciaga has another bag with the same name from that season (it was tri-tone), so i'm not sure of the exact name of your style...

i believe it retailed for $1198...

Kimair, you are the best! That is the exact purse (the second red coloured one). Because I didn't run in to my sister tonight, I was unable to retrieve my camera, but even with the bad quality photo, you were able to identify it. The retail price is $1198...of course I won't be asking for that much. I think maybe $300 is a reasonable price? It's a lovely bag, just not my style at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a covered hardware city bag that I just bought this summer and the covered buckle on the bottom just popped off! The metal buckle is still in place but the top part just fell off. I got the bag at Barneys but I should call Balenciaga, right? Do they fix the bags?

No, you should take it to Barneys, since you bought it there.

I am so sad to hear that!

I have a covered hardware city bag that I just bought this summer and the covered buckle on the bottom just popped off! The metal buckle is still in place but the top part just fell off. I got the bag at Barneys but I should call Balenciaga, right? Do they fix the bags?

yes, ITA with caroule. return the defective bag to Barneys for a full refund.

that is terribly disappointing....i am so sorry for you :(

That is such a shame, Victoria98! I hope Barneys corrects the issue by refunding or replacing your bag, asap!

I carried my gris fonce city (from 2006) last night. The handles are warm but I just love this bag.

3349723392_bdbefae907.jpg

3348894323_b4cf677b95.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->