Marc Jacobs Stam Bag

^My Icy baby Stam is broken :( I love it sooo much, but the lock snapped! I don't know where to get it fixed ...

Oh no!! I agree with Velony - MJ are usually pretty good about fixing bags. If you can find an MJ boutique, take it to them and so long as you say you bgouth it from an MJ store within the last three years (or it may be two) they will send it to the Italian repairers for you and call you when it's back a month or so later. Even if you didn't get it in that same boutique, just say you bought it in an overseas MJ store - they don't usually check. I had to do this once with a bag I'd bought from a department store in Japan. I had no way of getting it back there, so went to my London store and just said i'd bought it in the Tokyo MJ store (a bit cheeky, but what's a girl to do when her beloved Stam is broken??).

If you can't get to a boutique, you can always call your closest one and explain the same thing and see if you can post it to them to be sent off.

Good luck, let us know how it goes! :flower:

I just took my baby Stam on holiday in the US, and after using it every day for two weeks (usually on bare skin/sunscreen), the gold on the chain has almost completely rubbed off (and not only that, it irritated my skin horribly in the process). First it leaves black marks all over my clothes, now it's faded and irritating.

Has anyone else had this? Anyone know if MJ will replace whole chains when this happens?

My country doesn't have MJ stores, and it's a 05 bag :( I'm thinking about taking it too a shoe/leather repair shop or someting.. I'm heartbroken!

here's my babies :smile:

Topaz and Grey Stams + Icy Black baby Stam

(pic by me, uploaded by imageshack)

Last edited by a moderator:
^Your stam family is stunning! Am especially in love with the icy black baby stam! :heart:

just purchased another stam last week. my first since i got my taupe one years ago...
starduststam025.jpg

pic, my own from TPF.com

I just took my baby Stam on holiday in the US, and after using it every day for two weeks (usually on bare skin/sunscreen), the gold on the chain has almost completely rubbed off (and not only that, it irritated my skin horribly in the process). First it leaves black marks all over my clothes, now it's faded and irritating.

Has anyone else had this? Anyone know if MJ will replace whole chains when this happens?
is this a fall 05 one? maybe it had tarnish on it from sitting....best solution is to clean the chain with a jewelers cloth every few months....i've never heard of this happening though. the only issue i have heard of as far as the gold HW goes is that on the kisslocks it's been known to fade and ship....but that's it..

My country doesn't have MJ stores, and it's a 05 bag :( I'm thinking about taking it too a shoe/leather repair shop or someting.. I'm heartbroken!

here's my babies :smile:
MJ repairs is located in NYC. the head of the repair center can be reached through email and you can send your bag in there....they've been known to take in older bags beyond the 24 month period as well....

here's the info from TPF:
Please note that we only repair Marc Jacobs Collections
and Marc by Marc Jacobs handbags
produced and purchased within the past 24 months.

Diego Atehortua
Marc Jacobs International, LLC
Handbags Repair Center Secaucus NJ USA
[email protected]
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back