The Balenciaga Thread (June 2003 - February 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ciao bella, congratulations on your new addition! can't wait to see modeling pix.
i've been using my turq '05 WE this week..

where can i find a light grey city bag? is that a past season? is it nearly impossible to get?

Completely safe! Very reputable seller, lots of people over on thePurseForum have posted about very positive experiences if you want more details.

As far as the specific bag you're looking for... Balenciaga has put out quite a few different greys, most recently anthracite (dark grey... sort of blue undertones) and argent (this is light grey - possibly what you want?). They also did just plain Grey... back around 2004/2005/2006, possibly earlier too? That would likely also meet your criteria, it's somewhere in between the other two shades. I can't remember any of the other greys off the top of my head but I'm sure there's more! You may want to try searching for pictures of the different colors so that you can look specifically for them by name. You'll probably have to hunt on ebay or other reputable websites. I don't think there'll be much in stores in light grey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely safe! Very reputable seller, lots of people over on thePurseForum have posted about very positive experiences if you want more details.

As far as the specific bag you're looking for... Balenciaga has put out quite a few different greys, most recently anthracite (dark grey... sort of blue undertones) and argent (this is light grey - possibly what you want?). They also did just plain Grey... back around 2004/2005/2006, possibly earlier too? That would likely also meet your criteria, it's somewhere in between the other two shades. I can't remember any of the other greys off the top of my head but I'm sure there's more! You may want to try searching for pictures of the different colors so that you can look specifically for them by name. You'll probably have to hunt on ebay or other reputable websites. I don't think there'll be much in stores in light grey.

thanks! I want a light grey..like this one:

credit:searchforchic.blogspot.com

lmelanie: Thats not the lightest grey, that grey is from '05. They made one that look almost the same from '04. The ones from '08 is lighter or darker greys. :smile:

what is the size of the bag in the above pic?

i think i want my next bag purchase to be a bal and i keep getting confused about what size to get...

is it city, work, weekend in terms of smallest to largest of those three?

This is the information off of the Bal website, if this helps you at all...

City: 15" x 9.8" x 3.9" with 4.3" handle drop and removable shoulder strap with 8.2" drop.
Work: 18.1" x 11.8" x 6.3" with 5.1" handle drop.
Weekender: 19.7" x 15.4" x 5.9" with 4.3" handle drop.

Oh, and yes, that bag is a city!

Last edited by a moderator:
ciao--that color is an awesome addition to your collection! and i must add...it has grown quite a bit! jealous...heehhee...:D

DSC01964.jpg

lmelanie...here's a pic of argent from tPF...
stores will still have this in stock (since it's from F/W 08) or you can check ebay and consignment shops like real deal collection...
i've bought a few things from RDC and she's a wonderful seller...

congrats ciao and kwikspell on your new bbags!
i just got an 09 anthracite coin purse...i'll take pics when it arrives...

ok... thanks for the info...

i'm going to reevaluate my savings and all that once all my credit card bills come with the christmas charges :rolleyes:

that will give me some more time to really search and find the perfect one for me...

i'm thinking either a city or a giant work...
kind of digging the electric turquoise with the silver hardware for the giant work..

we'll see...

yes thanks :flower:
definitely helps to see ppl carrying the actual bags..

i've actually got my eye on one or two but am trying to restrain myself...

don't know how long i will be able to hold out because even with the credit card bills on the way i know i have a good amount of money saved up :rolleyes:

i think i'm gonna cave very soon...
i'll let you all know when i do :P

Which ones are you eyeing?

If I could find it anywhere in Canada... I would be selling my internal organs for the Navy Day with GGH. I've made it my desktop background. Perhaps I can will it to materialize in front of me.

i cant decide if my next bag will be the light gray city or a light gray PS1 bag!!

Okay, that's a very tough choice! I love the PS1 bag... but the city seems a little more versatile to me.

Which ones are you eyeing?

If I could find it anywhere in Canada... I would be selling my internal organs for the Navy Day with GGH. I've made it my desktop background. Perhaps I can will it to materialize in front of me.

i feel like i keep changing my mind depending on what's in front of me at the moment :doh:

:P

i'm pretty sure i'd like a city in terms of size to start off with...

just sort of checking things out on ebay and real deal collection for now..
are there any other online consignment shops that are good sellers of authentic balenciaga bags?

i'm looking on the balenciaga website as well but there isn't a whole lot available in the city...
i think maybe only electric yellow is?...

i might call up to see if there are any places near me that stock them....

I know many of the women on the Purse Forum have started listing bags on bonanzle... but other than hgbags on ebay and real deal collection, I don't know of any. A bunch of listings from hgbags on ebay ended in the last few days, though. You could try contacting Erica to find out what she has that isn't listed?

i remember hearing/reading that leshent on ebay only sells authentic...

i'll take a look at bonanzle too.. i forgot about that site...

i'll keep an eye out for anything that hgbags posts on ebay as well..
it will be good for me to start looking around and browsing a bit more so that i don't impulsively just buy the first thing that catches my eye...

^Yup, leshent is a reputable dealer and sells authentic stuff.

Definitely do your research first before committing...I hope you'll end up with the perfect one for you! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->