The Best Outfits of 2009

Olivia Palermo

Nicky Hilton

So underrated...

same

I couldn't possibly narrow it down properly....i'll still miss hundreds of favourites...but here are a few just for fun..:heart: i might have to do part II later..

1. Tilda swinton in Thakoon..
59thberlinfilmfestivaliy.jpg

2. January jones in Atelier versace..
61stannualprimetimeemmy.jpg

3. Robin wright penn in Monique Lhuillier
81stannualacademyawards.jpg

4. Marion Cotillard in Dior..
modelmusecostumegalanew.jpg

5. Diane Kruger in Marchesa
inglouriousbasterdspremj.jpg

all pictures Zimbio.com

^^ This just goes to show the diversity of views on tfs, because I outright HATED every single one of the above outfits as tacky and tasteless :lol:

Considering my Carey Mulligan outfits were moved to the other thread, I'll post some of my very favourites (considering they were ALL some of my favourites this year:(

Event (in Prada:(

carey-mulligan.net

Casual (lovely Miu Miu flats!:(
carey32.jpg

coolspotters

SO many gorgeus outfits posted to this thread :woot:

I love this casual-ish event outfit from Ashley Olsen

(also that orange long dress posted page or few back is STUNNING on her and she looked asbolutely wonderful there!)

You could think that wearing teeny tiny shorts with cardigan would look stupid...but she manage to pull that off and looks casual, chic and cute!

15s0do4.jpg

it looked even better with leather jacket.

2ms0sa1.jpg

mary-kateandashleyimages.com

:heart::heart:

some of my favourite outfits

jessicaed92995.jpg

laurenconrad52097.jpg

nicolejoel122693.jpg

rachel72.jpg

xlfmhe.jpg

instyle/celebritychic

Something about florals under leather jackets ....

Vanessa Traina in Balenciaga (harpersbazaar.com:(
vanessa-traina-micheldufour-de-22312785.jpg

Poppy Delevigne in Ralph Lauren (harpersbazaar.com:(
poppy-delevigne-wi-de-52273555.jpg

Freida Pinto in Chanel:

Chanel+Show+During+Paris+Fashion+Week+9nozYsqhqf8l.jpg

zimbio

Vanessa Traina in Givenchy (both she and Jennifer Connelly wore this dress so well:(
victoria_blog.jpg

style

Lauren Santo Domingo in Giambattista Valli:
08m.jpg

style

Vanessa Traina in Alexander Wang (left:(
029m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I loved Leighton's Bottega dress too. She really rocked the look and I think it's an exaggeration to say that she's one of the year's worst dressed. She's had her fair share of fashion faux pas moments but nonetheless I find her attractive and charming.

Freida Pinto

JPG couture - love the dress's back

Christian Lacroix HC - The color is amazing. The perfect color for her skin tone; no one can pull of the saffron gold like her. My only prob. is that she should've kept the runway embellishments, and the dress looks a wee droopy.

Nicole Kidman

L'Wren Scott - IMO, this Oscar dress ranks as one of her best. It's a pity that it didn't receive a lot of exposure in the press because presenters were asked to not walk the red carpet this year.

nicole-kidman2.jpg

84991869.jpg

Rachel Weisz - :heart: this look! It's the best I've seen her. Luminous, glowing, healthy skin; and that shade of green (grass green) is her color.

wireimage, celebutopia

Some of Dree's outfits have been absolute standouts this year -

drew-hemingway-2.jpg

hanneli.lola.no

and basically every outfit featured here

GOTM-Dree-Hemingway-larger2-1.jpg

whowhatwear daily.

(i'm abit lazy finding pics of the outfits separately - these were ALL pretty amazing imo)

^I agree about Nicole's oscar dress....i wanted to post it as one of my favourites too but couldn't find a pic to do it justice. thank you for posting it.. she was a stand out..:heart:

^I agree about Nicole's oscar dress....i wanted to post it as one of my favourites too but couldn't find a pic to do it justice. thank you for posting it.. she was a stand out..:heart:

Absolutely right! IMO she was the best dresses at the Oscars last year- The dress is pure perfection. It's actually one of the few dresses I like from L'Wren Scott

Victoria Beckham

JustJared & FadedYouthBlog

Kate Moss

(2)Celeb-City.org & Splashnews +Celeb-city.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"