The Clinique Skincare Thread

Do you need to use the 3 step skin care to use Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40?

lost in kyoto said:
Do you need to use the 3 step skin care to use Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40?

Yes, you do. The 3 steps are fundamental.

I am a big fan of Clinique. My skin was weird: sensitive, oily in t zone but dry on the cheecks, full of black heads, some acne, etc. I tried many brands but the 3 steps were a miracle. I just love it! You must follow the 3 steps with discipline, without missing a step. That's how I did it, and at least with me it worked out. :flower:

^ Me too! I've had the most amazing results with the 3 step system :smile: I really didn't believe it would help because my skin was just so problematic but it's been amazing :D

The 3 step skin care made my skin look awful, it was really really bad. Though my skin is rather dry - perhaps that's why. :ninja:

The Pore Minimizer does wonders for my sometimes shiny nose though. :blush: :heart:

^yeah that i'll give them.

and the spot treatment for acne is fabulous.

other than that, i run far from clinique.

The 3 step skin care made my skin look awful, it was really really bad. Though my skin is rather dry - perhaps that's why. :ninja:

The Pore Minimizer does wonders for my sometimes shiny nose though. :blush: :heart:

My skin gets really dry too so I told the lady & she gave me the range for dry skin & I've found it helps.

Which ones did you use?

Is Clinique really that bad? Hmm, I'm going to read the feedback on this therad...All products from Shiseido that I use give me allergic reactions - red rash or pimples....does that happen to anyone else?

^ I used to have really bad reactions & allergies like you mentioned to every product I tried :( and after all the really bad reviews I read about Clinique in this thread I avoided them for years & now I really wish I hadn't because it has worked so well for me! I really recommend that everyone try it for themselves :smile: It can't hurt!

My skin gets really dry too so I told the lady & she gave me the range for dry skin & I've found it helps.

Which ones did you use?
I'm not sure but I think it was the one for mixed skin - or something like that. Though I've heard that it's the soap that dries out the skin completely - and that's the same one everyone uses, right?

Ale, At some point I'll have to try the spot treatment then, thank you...

i also have heard on other threads lots of stuff negative on the Clinique side.
i got their samples, the three-step program once and it seemed to work fine until all the lotion was gone, then the toner, and i was left with a chip of the bar of soap.
so i dont know if i should buy the program again, ive heard that it can make your skin worse.?
any ideas?

I'm not sure but I think it was the one for mixed skin - or something like that. Though I've heard that it's the soap that dries out the skin completely - and that's the same one everyone uses, right?

I found the soap dried my skin out a bit initially but now that I've been using it for around 2 weeks it's really balanced my skin & it's looking a million times better than it used to. How long did you use it for?

i also have heard on other threads lots of stuff negative on the Clinique side.
i got their samples, the three-step program once and it seemed to work fine until all the lotion was gone, then the toner, and i was left with a chip of the bar of soap.
so i dont know if i should buy the program again, ive heard that it can make your skin worse.?
any ideas?

I'd keep going with it if you haven't had any problems so far. I bought the 3 step after I tried the sample & I don't think I'd ever look back! My skin is so much better now!

I think the reason people are reporting such different results is because....different skin care products work for different demographies. I wish I was, because lord knows I love Serge Lutens, but I will never be a Shiseido user. Clinique seems pretty good to me - their hair products also smell so wonderful.

I use the 3 step but i mix it around a bit, i use the Mild liquid soap, no.3 clarifying moisture lotion (great if you are concerned about the alcohol in the normal version) and the dramatically different gel.
I also love the 7day scrub and Superdefense for N/O skin.

thank you sYdneY! i was just concerned about spending the 50+ bucks if it wont end up working..
maybe i'll go back and ask for some samples.
i'm also willing to try other products.

I wish the 3 step program worked for me because im so appealed to the simplicity of just using that. But I have given it a try and it just overdries, or over greases my skin.

I have a bottle of the men's toner on the fridge, which I use on the hot days to cool down my skin with a swab, and get rid of the excess impurties. I think I can also trust Clinique with their toners, I actually like them...

I found the soap dried my skin out a bit initially but now that I've been using it for around 2 weeks it's really balanced my skin & it's looking a million times better than it used to. How long did you use it for?
For about a year and a half I think. Then I went to see a dermatologist she told me to quit Clinique and so I did.

For about a year and a half I think. Then I went to see a dermatologist she told me to quit Clinique and so I did.

Oh fair enough if she told you to stop. I really hope it's all working out for you now :flower:

thank you sYdneY! i was just concerned about spending the 50+ bucks if it wont end up working..
maybe i'll go back and ask for some samples.
i'm also willing to try other products.

Thats okay :flower:

Let me know how you go! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->