The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

thanks for the info runner and verkeerd...
looks like the universe is expanding...

:P

this should be interesting...

remember tao started on a small scale as well...
with a very small collection...

but this season she proved that she is 'comme des garcons'...
she can hold her own right up there at the top of the universe...
her interpretation of the CdG 'language' is so beautiful...
and so feminine...
a nice contrast and addition to the group...

so maybe this is the younger, more 'street' style part of the universe...

seems like the blog says that the designer worked for junya...
and that the collection is printed t-shirts and redesigned hoodies...
souunds like junya's collection a few seasons back...
he must have had a lot to do with that then...

maybe they did not do a runway show because it's not runway type stuff...
t-shirt and hoodies might not really need a runway show...
:ermm:..

this is interesting and gets more interesting .......setting the path fo succession .....with jun takashi the outsider 'cousin " as it were....?? ......now with a perfume to boot too !!

"CdG presented a new label called ganryu in paris for the first time in two years"

WWD

seems like the start is on a small scale, but it's one designer line.

wow! great news! any more info would be great an pix! it's exciting that rei is appointing more and more younger, newer designers. i hope ganryu grows like tao has.
it's like a little family!

you're welcome softgrey
yes it seems it's not runway, it was presented at the showroom.
and yes maybe it's a bit like junya man pink with rock/punkish kind of things,
but more decadantly.

this is his work from five years ago when he was still in school, a prize winner at the event sponsored by YKK (not grandprix, one of runners-up).

img0302wf9.jpg

ykk.co.jp

probably she thinks it is an overriding matter to foster potential creative talent in her company and also around her.
and she gave fumito ganryu, a former patternmaker at junya, this freer enviroment and greater responsibility.

Yes, as runner said, he had a small capsul collection presented at their showroom in Paris. Kind of very streetwear vibe, jersey (grey washed hoodie fabric) dresses with prints and two unisex pieces. Kind of quite "masculine", too. And there were three small "tenis" stuffs - head bands, wrist bands. I think he said it was kind of pijama - sleeping theme.

The dress posted in the picture had a lot of dolls holding hands around the neck:smile: and is made from kind of jersey piquet fabric.

He has been working for Junya for 3 years. He is young and very nice - I had a chance to talk with him a litle bit:P But he did not speak English much. And I don't know Japanese unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow- thanks for the additional info runner and nqth...
:o

he only graduated 5 yrs ago and has only been at junya for 3...???

that is so surprising...
he must be very good if they are promoting him so quickly...

:unsure:...
can't wait to see more from this 'new kid on the block'...

*dolls holding hands sounds :buzz:

:clap:

mmmm, im excited!

comme is one of my faveyist favey faves...everything in the CdG universe is magic
honestly, when i went for the first time to the guerilla store (when it was there) in iceland a few years ago, it was a life changing experience.

...haha. is it obvious im obsessed?

mmmm, im excited!

comme is one of my faveyist favey faves...everything in the CdG universe is magic
honestly, when i went for the first time to the guerilla store (when it was there) in iceland a few years ago, it was a life changing experience.

...haha. is it obvious im obsessed?

you are almost obsessed.....:D.....just wondering .....baddabling.....did yu purchase anything at the GS in iceland?.......and what was the reaction to the store in general ......what did you like abut the store?

:flower:

you are almost obsessed.....:D.....just wondering .....baddabling.....did yu purchase anything at the GS in iceland?.......and what was the reaction to the store in general ......what did you like abut the store?

:flower:
i purchased a wallet, a t shirt and a pair of sneaker boots.
:D

Dear Friends of DSM
Please come and join us for mulled wine and mince pies at our late night shopping evening on Wednesday 28th November from 5.00pm until 8.00pm. Come and celebrate the launch of all our special Christmas products and window, all based on our theme, "Sparkling Party."
Special items include:
Comme des Garcons x Chrome Hearts
A collection of jewellery, T-Shirts and shirts designed especially by Rei Kawakubo and Chrome Hearts.
Comme des Garcons x KAWS
A collaboration featuring a selection of wallets, bags, T-Shirts and perfume

It seems that they have mini new projects coming up for the xmas season...

I'm especially curious to see the chrome hearts results...

thanks for that tidbit...:flower:

chrome hearts seems to have a much stronger following in japan somehow than here in the US...

Rei Kawakubo is backing Rodnik

RODNIK'S FIRE BIRD TAKES FLIGHT
spacer.gif
WATCH RODNIK'S EXCLUSIVE MUSIC VIDEO HERE

IF YOU'VE taken a look at Rodnik's world exclusive music video on VogueTV, no doubt you've already nailed that oh-so addictive dance move - and you're in good company, as Japanese design legend Rei Kawakubo is backing the boys all the way. Designers-turned-rock-legends Richard Ascott and Philip Colbert head out to Tokyo this week to launch their first single, Russian Fire Bird - which will surely see the country's stylistas hitting the nearest dancefloor in the most vertiginous of Louboutins - with a performance at the Comme des Garcons store. "We're really excited because it's our first time to go to Japan," Phil confides. "Rei Kawakubo is hosting a party for us on November 29 - the Rodnik band is all coming out for it." And despite the beckoning of international pop stardom, the duo haven't forgotten their London roots. "When we get back we'll be having a party in the designer room by the Rodnik rail at Selfridges," Phil tells us. Potential groupies take note: the boys will be performing live and giving away copies of Russian Fire Bird from 2pm on December 7 at the store's Oxford Street branch. (November 28 2007, AM)

From Vogue.co.uk

In celebration of the press launch of the new Comme des Garçons 8 88 Perfume, we are pleased to announce the opening of the Comme des Garçons 8 88 Pre View Shop until 8th December only.

Upstairs

A limited number of 8 88 Fragrance, T-Shirts and Candles only available here for this week. Launch in regular shops worldwide in February / March 2008.

Downstairs

Rare Vintage CDG Parfum T-Shirts and collector CDG Parfums, all from Comme des Garçons and all at £20.

Comme des Garçons 8 88

5 Burlington Arcade
London W1

From 1.00pm on 29th November to 8th December, then closed for ever.

This was sent to me today by email....

Attachments

• 8-88.gif
    8-88.gif
    54.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
someone needs to explain the whole rodnik thing to me...
do we have a rodnik thread...:unsure:...

*goes off to look*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->