The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

^ this was a colab when CdG opened the 10CorsoComoxCdG in Tokyo. If I remember right the cut was VW, the fabric was Comme.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDG headquarters is not far from the Aoyama store. If you walk around you'll find it. You might have to learn how to read katakana though.

JJohnson said:
CDG should collab with LV!

no amount of redress would compensate for the loss of reputation if such collab took place.........tht wld IMO damage CDG cool quotient beyond repair.....:cry: :cry: :yuk: :yuk: :sick:

^i agree with that actually. That would totally homogenise CdG,immensely,imo.

It's shocking enough that idiosync. stylist/accessory designer(and collab. of CdG) Judy Blame is collaborating with them.

bearbrick said:
tht wld IMO damage CDG cool quotient beyond repair.....:cry: :cry: :yuk: :yuk: :sick:

no kidding...i'm glad to have stumbled upon the last page of this thread because i felt alone in noticing a definite trend of cdg or cdg esque stuff going very very mainstream; much like the mcqueen skulls. :(

i saw a TAO dress featured in Teen Vogue for cryin' out loud! funny/tragic, isn't it?

Scott said:
^i agree with that actually. That would totally homogenise CdG,immensely,imo.

It's shocking enough that idiosync. stylist/accessory designer(and collab. of CdG) Judy Blame is collaborating with them.

actually i do think this collab with judy blame is very CDG and generally has been like this for the past few MAD or eccentric seasons [ intensified with the advent of DSM........ this whole collab with a host of ..almost camp list of designers has been a hoot.....butt in a way it is very CDG in spirit .....but to work with mega ego maniac LV would be steping overboard......i would be the first to vomit :yuk: :ninja:

Pastry said:
no kidding...i'm glad to have stumbled upon the last page of this thread because i felt alone in noticing a definite trend of cdg or cdg esque stuff going very very mainstream; much like the mcqueen skulls. :(

i saw a TAO dress featured in Teen Vogue for cryin' out loud! funny/tragic, isn't it?

well teen vogue has finally seen the light and Tao ..........well Tao needs all the attention it can get.......i actually think Tao is fab and the editors at teen vogue .......just wanna be .......errr......whats the word rISQUE ....issit ?:rolleyes:

I actually liked the Judy Blame stuff for CdG. It worked for me, quirky but with the CdG spirit. A collab with LV...that meant spell the end. Especially with that horrible monogram.

Just IMO most CdG collabs hasn't been very worthwhile, they seem more like PR exercises than anything else. Though I did find the Westwood and Dior Homme collabs quite interesting. If only there was more of that :P

I did the fall Line for CdG SHIRT and I found it intresting where that placed in the CdG universe many thanks.

I saw a lot of stuffs (cardis, totebags) with jewelery (metal chaines, pearls) in a very simmilar design with the jewelery presented in DSM.
The tag says it's from a jewelery designer (canlt remember the name), tho.

All from Comme Comme line.

has anyone heard the music from this CD? this is the title of the CDG CD. It consist of 16 tracks from comme des garcons shows during the late eighties.
Its ridiculous to buy from DSM E-shop cos the shipping rate is 30 bloody pounds. thats 90SGD (yes i'm in singapore).:angry:
how do i get this music?!?! argh.......

maybe itunes will have it and you won't have to pay the insane shipping.

An article in the FT holiday issue. By Anessa Friedman.
Sorry for the flash at the picture:-)

Attachments

• FTCDG1.jpg
    FTCDG1.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 30
  • FTCDG2.jpg
    FTCDG2.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 26
  • FTCdG3.jpg
    FTCdG3.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 25
The new PLAY perfume:-) They are crazy:-)

381095944_529fdf936f.jpg

(Pic from Warsaw CdG Guerrilla)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TabooDresses
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->