The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

Arthur77 said:
Homme Deux is their formal line...i've only seen it at CDG Aoyama. never took a close look...don't know if there are any special detailings on the collection.

has anyone seen any JAN CDG items? thoughts?

The JAN items are all on the Jan website - see link from DSM website. They're a bit dull really. The old inside out thing is goin on, and an eye type motif....nothing to write home about. They're selling it in DSM incidentally. If only they sold those JunyaxNorth Face tees...for some reason I want one of those

Thanks for the info on Deux and HH. I think there were even an ocasional CdG Two "tag", specially for the CdG Two store (now it's Jan CdG)

I think the eye motif could come from filip pagowski work for SHIRT. (He also designed Play logo.)

http://www.filippagowski.com/textile/playlogo/redEye.swf

There was a cute T with the big eyes too. I even saw it in Guerrilla.
Comme-des-Garcons-2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Junya Watanabe has remade two classic Aquascutum trenches. One will be made of hand-shaved black denim, another of neon-colorful nylon.

The coats will carry both Aquascutum and Junya Watanabe Man labels.

Softgrey - You're making me want to skip school and book a flight to NY!!! But I'll study, so I can have money to buy it in the future :heart:

Evergreen sounds wonderful! Great idea from her. And the Aquascutum collab sounds great since I love both labels.

Thanks Faust:-)
The Aquascutum is also avail. at Jan CdG. It's nylon I think.

Arturo21 said:
Softgrey - You're making me want to skip school and book a flight to NY!!! But I'll study, so I can have money to buy it in the future :heart:

Evergreen sounds wonderful! Great idea from her. And the Aquascutum collab sounds great since I love both labels.

Smart man :smartass:

You are welcome, nqth :flower:

Excellent graphic, but it seems to be missing the Robe de Chambre line.

I think the RdC has been merged into Comme Comme line.

faust said:
Junya Watanabe has remade two classic Aquascutum trenches. One will be made of hand-shaved black denim, another of neon-colorful nylon.

The coats will carry both Aquascutum and Junya Watanabe Man labels.
I think I saw them at 10 Corso Como. They did at least have some Junya/ Aquascutum items. But I didn’t really take a closer look at them.

It’s almost impossible to distinguish all his different collaboration nowadays…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...xml&sSheet=/fashion/2005/10/06/ixfashion.html

effront199.jpg

Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons has just completed her first mini swimwear collection with Speedo . The designer, who swims lengths almost every day, says: "The collection is for all those who love creative design - and swimming! I wanted to make real swimwear for people who like swimming for pleasure or for training their bodies."

The collection comprises seven ladies' swimsuits, five pairs of men's trunks, two swim caps, goggles and three unisex T-shirts. Priced between £50 and £60, the designs will be available in Britain for spring 2006 from Comme des Garçons stores and stockists, as well as selected Speedo suppliers.

I will swim again next year:-P

more from Showstudio.com

05102005_001__360x270.jpg

Those clever people at Comme know exactly what a swimmer needs. Not some dry-clean only cutaway nonsense, but a sensible, navy, Speedo one-piece. Preferably with a signature CdG polkadot. Please.

i actually know someone who loves creative design and swimming...haha....
but i am far to vain to ever put on such an unflattering swimsuit...
no matter how 'functional' it may be...

this does not fall into the 'creative design' category for me at all..
it's 'utilitarian'...

thx nqth...good to know...i bet the men's trunks are much better...
we need to find pics of those!!...
:P

Thanks softgrey:-)

Mayby they should do boiled wrinkled swimsuit:-P But the dots looks cool.

if there were more polka dots with different color combinations such as yellow and black or red and white with different size dots it would have a pyschedlic feel to it, channeling yayoi kusama. now that's a swimsuit collection i'd love :heart: :woot:

I think thats so cool she is doing swim suits, i have always thought that there should be creative swimwear.

softgrey said:
i actually know someone who loves creative design and swimming...haha....
but i am far to vain to ever put on such an unflattering swimsuit...
no matter how 'functional' it may be...
I think perhaps the time has come for these two concepts to be placed in separate categories. There is the swimsuit, made for actual swimming, and there is what used to be called in times of yore a "bathing costume". A very apt phrase, "bathing costume", since it emphasizes the lack of actual athletic swimming and the concern for aesthetic perception.

Dear fashion industry, with your fickle love of things retro, please re-adopt the term "bathing costume". Its time has come. Again. :D

holy mother of God.

i had no idea that the CdG universe was soooo huge. i really wanna see the men's swimwear line too, as i am one of those who love creative design ... and swimming. lol.

i'm here in korea right at the moment, but i'll be taking a vacation to Japan for about 5 days in March. could someone do me the hugest favour and list the locations for the different CdG stores in Japan??

I would be so extreeeeeeeeemely grateful.

thanks in advance! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaaa123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->