The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Ling Tan by Sharif Hamza
for Vogue Malaysia

HNpwy98.jpeg

TFS by Zorka

My entry is a mutiple entry cover shopwcasing some work of local artists. Whenever Conde Nast goes to a new market they have a habit of bringing along their on teams but I believe it always works out better when they use the magazine to showcase local talent and creativity otherwise they end up with a soulless generic publication thats a replica of an already existing one.

Credits
Thandiwe Miriu / contemporary african art / nataal /ami doshi shah / thefashionscout / BOF / Nest collective / banji4to / Sarah Waiswa / Afripedia / Moshions / Menaboh

_DSC0065b.jpg muriu-8-scaledb.jpg Thandiwe-Muriu-contemporaty african  art.jpg ami doshi shah.jpg black beauty and hair.jpg bof nest colelctibe.jpg DSC_0340.jpg DSC_1216.jpg DSC_1223_01.jpg full_SarahWaiswaI afripedia.jpg moshions menaboh.jpg _DSC0096.jpg _DSC0065.jpg

So, the time has come for winner announcement. It's been extremely difficult trying to select a single stand-out entry from so many unique and beautiful covers. As usual, you guys showed great creativity and taste that never falters when it comes to this challenge!

The winner of this week's challenge is @crmsnsnwflks! Each entry more beautiful than the last, your Philippines covers with images by BJ Pascual were stunning and I can only hope the real edition follows in the same direction! The covers for Asia and Scandinavia deserve their own set of praise, too. Magnificent use of the images and you've got a great eye for layouts. Congratulations!

Zorka's cover representing my own country brought a smile to my face, I personally would've used Faretta as well! Beautiful entry. vogue28's Cara Delevingne looking extremely posh as a celebratory cover for UK was a brilliant choice! Easily one of my favorite images of her career. Paul Lintag, your covers for Africa and Malaysia are nothing short of spectacular! Urban Stylin also gives us a splendid and colorful preview of what a joy it would be to have Vogue Africa as part of Condé Nast. Such beautiful and artistic covers. 0st3nd does an incredible job revamping the art direction of Hong Kong and showing them how it's properly done! Also blown away by the cinematic atmosphere of your Philippines entry. And last, but certainly not least, you did a wonderful job on your covers Kenny. I was particularly obsessed with that beautifully festive cover of Kelsey Merritt. Thank you all so much for participating in this challenge! ♥

Oh, wow! Thank you so much, Aracic, for your kind words and for choosing my entries as well. I did not expect to win this round due to exceptional covers from other TFS users. I’m sharing this win with Zorka, Paul, Vogue28, 0stend, and especially Urban Stylin for giving us a glimpse of what to expect in Vogue East Africa (I was about to tag you to make an entry before you submitted them).

The new theme is

THE NOVICE

Inspired by Vogue Korea's "Who's That Girl?" cover this month, I'd like to know whose fresh new faces you'd like
to be featured on the cover of your fashion magazine of choice. She can be an actress, a model, a musician, etc.
who deserves a big cover break.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->