The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Rina Sawayama by Jakub Koziel

KFSzQoM.jpeg

twitter

Entry #1
Michelle Yeoh by Mark Pillai (Elle Malaysia)
Gong Li by Feng Hai (L'Officiel China)

Yes, I know they're not what you'd call "fresh new faces", but I still can't forgive our beloved Maggie Zhang for screwing up two of my favorite actresses' first Vogue debuts.
Also, it's so unbelievable that these two talented and established actresses, who have been around for decades, only got their first Vogue covers in the last two years. (Although technically speaking, Gong Li's first Vogue cover dates back to Vogue Singapore in the 90s, when it was more like Vogue Australia's Singaporean edition, but you know what I mean)

Entry #1
Sooo.. A.I. imagining has taken huge leaps forward this year, month after month. Soon we will reach a point where most of the creative industry will be out job at this rate, maybe even models. Here is the first A.I. generated Vogue cover.
future copy.jpg
by Midjourney bot
midjourney.com

This week's entries show that TFS members have immense creativity and I'm very happy to see each and
everyone's works! The winner is @Paul Lintag's Vogue Taiwan cover with Yoonmi Sun.

Leslie's Vogue is evidently declining when it comes to creating a GREAT image that separates her Vogue edition to the others, and I'd like to applaud Paul for reviving what Vogue Taiwan was (and should be). I also love that you have Joan Park, Yoonmi Sun, and Rina Sawayama as your subjects.

Great job, everyone, and congratulations to the winner!

Yoonmi Sun
by Bryan Huynh

ItRfKaK.jpeg

IG - Iris Van Herpen

Thank you so much @crmsnsnwflks :winkiss: I sincerely appreciate it ^_^

Thank you also to the amazing TFS Members who participated.

This week's theme is:

Editor Swap.... again :lol:

What if Shin Kwang Ho takes over Vogue Italia? or Nina Garcia becoming American Vogue's EIC? or Edward suddenly became curious about Vogue Japan and decided to take over?

oh and one more thing:
Please provide a magazine supplement cover. It can be a Beauty supplement, a jewelry supplement, a Miss Vogue, a Vogue Living, or a collection book, whichever you like. (You can use whatever image you like for this supplement, regardless of what edition you got this image from)

1 main cover, and 1 supplement cover

Good Luck :winkiss:

Entry #1
Anna for Vogue China
Zhang Ziyi by Trunk Xu

(weibo/marieclairechina)
So the idea of Vogue China under Anna actually came from the news yesterday: Li Li, the managing director of Condé Nast China, is stepping down after a two-year tenure.
Immediately after Li took office, Angelica Cheung announced her departure. Then soon enough, Li and Anna hand-picked Margaret to be Vogue China's next EIC. But there were rumors that Li Li and Margaret didn't get along very well, and they were even seen having a heated argument in the office.
And interestingly enough the source of these rumors is Sophia Liao's WeChat account, who was Li Li's predecessor and won a labor arbitration after being fired by Condé Nast China.
Now I'm curious if or how Li Li's departure will affect Margaret's position at this magazine. Given all the upheavals that have been occurring in all the Vogues around the world, now it seems that nothing is impossible.​

I apologize in advance to everyone if I took the topic of this week's contest TOO LITERALLY, but without any false humbleness, I *REALLY* put some effort to provide what our dear @Paul Lintag asked for!

Entry #1: (Revamped) Vogue Italia by EIC Emanuele Alt

Massimo Dutti.jpg Massimo Dutti Men 1.jpg

Main Cover: Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Adele Aldighieri & Mariam de Vinzelle by Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Supplement: Leon Dame by Oliver Hadlee Pearch
(Disclaimer: this is literally the LATEST project styled by "poor, jobless Emanuele Alt", so pretty please - when you decide the winner of this week's contest - take *THIS* into consideration.)
Source: Massimo Dutti F/W 2022.23

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->