2014 Golden Globe Awards

Yikes. Is Miranda Kerr the new Heidi Klum? So tacky and desperate.

Is it me or: almost every man was orange?
almost every woman´s hair & makeup were horrible?

My best dressed. I´m glad they were wearing something more interesting that the usual gown...

Lupita Nyongo in Ralph Lauren

Emma Watson in Dior

Julia Roberts in Dolce & Gabbana

and a special mention to Margot Robbie in Gucci just because I loved the bodice :smile:

people.com

Last edited by a moderator:
There weren't many pretty dresses unfortunately, Lupita Nyongo wore the best dress, although it reminded me strongly of Gwyneth Paltrows Tom Ford dress.

Some additional IDs:
Angela Bassett - Ines Di Santo
Adèle Exarchopoulos - Miu Miu
Camila Alves - Dolce & Gabbana
Kristen Conolly - Lorena Sarbu
Sosie Bacon - Rhea Costa
Tatiana Maslany - Jenny Packham

Gabourey Sidibe -
Gwyneth Paltrow -
Jemima Kirke -
Jessica Lange
Joanna Newsom -
Megan Mullally -
Meryl Streep -
Savannah Guthrie -

Gabourey's dress is custom and it's by Daniel Musto with Michael Costello, according to JustJared.

^ Thanks.

I think that it is interesting, in a good way, that no designer dominated the red carpet. If my count is correct, no single designer dressed more than three women.

I also think that American designers were well represented on the red carpet and that makes me wonder if we will see similar at the Oscars.

I think that Ralph Lauren dressing Lupita Nyong'o was a big coup. I like Ralph Lauren's evening wear in recent seasons and wondered why it is not seen more on the red carpet - although no one needs to feel sorry for RL, with or without a presence on the red carpet, it is one of the largest design houses in the world.

ETA:
I like Valentino and Elie Saab, but anecdotally, it seems like they have receded a bit in dressing celebrities for events. I don't think that they are "out" but it looks like they are not the "go to" anymore, and in fairness I am not seeing any designer being the "go to" at the present time, which is not a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my favorites of the evening were....

Lupita Nyong'o- THAT DRESS. It was just perfect and Lupita wore it so effortlessly. It's my favorite red carpet moment in ages.
Emma Watson- I loved that she took a risk with this look and she pulled it off.
Kerry Washington- I loved the way that Kerry was styled, simple and elegant, but showing off her baby bump.

There were a lot of really lovely looks this year, no one wore something that was really horrible looking, and I think almost every look had something of merit to comment on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->