The Etc Etc Of Music

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 25 2004, 03:11 PM
new divine comedy dvd released today...live performance in london , iinterview, and two videos...going to get it now.........................yahooooooooooo!!!!
[snapback]406196[/snapback]​
I didn't even know they'd made a video since National Express. :shock:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 24 2004, 01:58 AM
it was all basically the same thing. These endlessly similar sounding early twenty-somethings strumming on their guitars and singing on and on and on.
I really stopped listening to what they were saying after a while. So much of exactly the same, selfish, self-indulgent angsty thing. A long endless monotone of them mumbling to themselves.

And you just described the past 15 years in rock music. :lol: :shock:

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 25 2004, 07:48 PM
[snapback]406715[/snapback]​
:o :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 25 2004, 09:25 AM
I didn't even know they'd made a video since National Express. :shock:
[snapback]406202[/snapback]​

i have never actually seen any of their videos...i got lazy and didn't go to the store today...have to go in the morning... :blush: :innocent:

I think they're probably just performances. I won't be holding my breath for you to prove me wrong... especially since you're not getting it till the morning... :zorro:

The new Mos Def album is very good, I might just buy it.
The new Tom Waits album is a bit redundant, I won't buy it.
The new Thievery Corporation album is pretty weak.
The new Hotel Costes is very good.

That's all for my listening report :lol: . What else should I check out?

the divine comedy dvd is a live performance...but there is a GREAT!!!!!!...video for come home billy bird...i wish i could somehow let you guys see it...so beautiful and well done...

and GREAT styling...

plus there is a female back up singer in the live performance that i swear is what i imagine strawberry dacquiri to look like...long dark hair swept to one side...pink ruffle dress and bronze-y peep toe ankle strap heels... like a doll...but not kitsch...
is there any way for me to capture images and post them?...

when is the new U2 album coming out?...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 27 2004, 11:01 AM
when is the new U2 album coming out?...
[snapback]408122[/snapback]​

it comes out november 22. according to their website, they're planning a world tour next year!! :woot:

faust: what's the new theivery corporation sound like?

:shock:

soft, who knew you'd be the first to discover my secret life. :lol:

Now I want the dvd more than ever. I love Billy Bird. :P

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 27 2004, 12:12 PM
:shock:

soft, who knew you'd be the first to discover my secret life. :lol:

Now I want the dvd more than ever. I love Billy Bird. :P
[snapback]408207[/snapback]​

:brows: ...
i wish i could make you a copy... :( :heart:

Just discovered there's clips from all the videos on the website :woot:

It's a pity they couldn't show some of these on TV... instead of a montage of rappers' naked objects of desire. There's really no justice in the world. And yes, it did take something like this to make me realise. -_- B)

Originally posted by kimair@Oct 27 2004, 11:26 AM
faust: what's the new theivery corporation sound like?
[snapback]408157[/snapback]​

well, it's still loungy and all, but somehow less distinct. also the tracks are very short (2-3 minutes). the album seems to be disjointed and mixed very ahh shall I say unintrusively (for lack of a better term to describe the lack of mixing :lol: )? it was worth $1.50 I paid for it, but I wouldn't pay $15...

have you heard the costes series btw? if you like thievery corporation you might like it.

this is like some cruel form of torture...i can't get the video clip on the site to work for me...argh!!!....

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 25 2004, 07:48 PM
[snapback]406715[/snapback]​
:huh: How very pathetic. :(

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 20 2004, 05:31 PM
Welcome, sister Scrooge! :lol: I won't pay 15/20 dollars for an album, thank you mister. Only if it's U2 or The Clash.
[snapback]402956[/snapback]​

Do you have a fast internet connection? I might have a solution :shifty:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 23 2004, 11:58 PM
Just got back from a sort of collaborative creative evening thing, and I felt like talking about it for some reason, but no one seems to be on right now... Apart from some of the dance performances and this one awesome guy who randomly sang German opera, it was all basically the same thing. These endlessly similar sounding early twenty-somethings strumming on their guitars and singing on and on and on.
I really stopped listening to what they were saying after a while. So much of exactly the same, selfish, self-indulgent angsty thing. A long endless monotone of them mumbling to themselves. I finally got up and just went out for some air during one of the numbers, there was only so much that I could stand of it. I suppose they have to get it out of themselves, but it made me incredibly thankfull that I don't even know how to play a guitar.
:lol: Please to heaven that I don't ever do that.
[snapback]405279[/snapback]​

i know EXACTLY what you mean. i experienced the same thing in new york. i was around the scene for a while, i got to know some people. thanks, but no thanks. lack of talent, much posing, no substance. sad. i mean it's ok, because talent is rare. what is not ok is that kitsch prevails and is gladly accepted and bowed down to.

if these musicians are so creative, why can't they come up with a name for an album? why does the album by hillary duff is called hillary duff? that's stupid.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 27 2004, 08:39 PM
that's stupid.
[snapback]408368[/snapback]​
So are her fans? Self-titles make finding it easier, and reduces the chance of them being distracted by decent music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->