The Etc Etc Of Music

The played london calling recently on radio one, i was shocked, positively shocked :woot:

Originally posted by faust@Oct 27 2004, 03:51 PM
Do you have a fast internet connection? I might have a solution :shifty:
[snapback]408320[/snapback]​

Yes, I do. Do you, er, soulseek? :shifty:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Oct 27 2004, 05:12 PM
The played london calling recently on radio one, i was shocked, positively shocked :woot:

"The ice age is coming..." :innocent:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 27 2004, 02:43 PM
So are her fans? Self-titles make finding it easier, and reduces the chance of them being distracted by decent music...
[snapback]408375[/snapback]​
How would they ever identify them otherwise? :shock:

And faust, nice to know that another has experienced that pain...

Didn't want to start a new topic... Can ANYONE name this song? I love it and its driving me nuts...

"Oh simple thing... Where have you gone? Im getting old and I need something to rely on..."

Please help! :flower:

I'm absolutely dying to go to a concert, but I don't know of any in my area (New York/Tri-State area). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty open to different types of music, although I tend to dislike numetal bands, overplayed plastic pop (a la Britney), and anything overly sappy.

So...is there anything playing in thst general area? NYC is best because it's easiest to train in, but other locations are possible. Is there a website that sort of compiles upcoming shows in certain areas?

My town is utterly boring and I really want to have a bit of fun. Also, my friend has never been to any sort of rock concert, so of course I have to fix that for her... :innocent: Any suggestions are appreciated. :flower:

Originally posted by eloes@Oct 27 2004, 11:33 PM
I'm absolutely dying to go to a concert, but I don't know of any in my area (New York/Tri-State area). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty open to different types of music, although I tend to dislike numetal bands, overplayed plastic pop (a la Britney), and anything overly sappy.

So...is there anything playing in thst general area? NYC is best because it's easiest to train in, but other locations are possible. Is there a website that sort of compiles upcoming shows in certain areas?

My town is utterly boring and I really want to have a bit of fun. Also, my friend has never been to any sort of rock concert, so of course I have to fix that for her... :innocent: Any suggestions are appreciated. :flower:
[snapback]408828[/snapback]​

Just pick up The Village Voice when you are in the city, the complete listings are there.

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 27 2004, 06:10 PM
Yes, I do. Do you, er, soulseek? :shifty:
[snapback]408573[/snapback]​

check out this website

music

It's not free, but a song to download will cost you about 5 cents. It's legit, as far as you and I are concerned. If you choose to sign up, don't give them your creditcard info (you don't know what those pesky Russians will do with it :lol: ), make a paypal account and send them like $10 at a time. There is a lot of music on it, I use it all the time.

Originally posted by princess_tess+Oct 27 2004, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(princess_tess @ Oct 27 2004, 11:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>THANKYOUUUUU sooo much!! You're an angel!! haha... :flower: :smile:
[snapback]408801[/snapback]​
[/b]

:angel: You're very welcome.

<!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci
@Oct 27 2004, 03:12 PM
[snapback]408409[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Probably because the re-release of the album's being promoted.
Here's an article from the New Yorker I read this morning...
http://www.newyorker.com/critics/music/?041101crmu_music

To anyone who knows pulp (AHH there must be someone..I loveeeeeeeeeee pulp) ...some very weird information..but intriguing.

Fans of Pulp and Harry Potter both have something to cheer about. According to The Sun, Jarvis Cocker has been brought on to score the soundtrack for Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. If that isn’t enough to make you salivate with delight, Cocker will also make a cameo in the film. Wait… is that the sound of diehard Britpop fans around the world wetting themselves? Yes it is. Myself included. Supposedly the new Potter director Mike Newell wanted to change things up a bit after John Williams scored the past three films. According to The Sun’s anonymous source at Warner Brothers, “Everyone here is really excited about Jarvis being involved in Goblet Of Fire. He is a very talented musician who is a big fan of movies and knows exactly how they work. You may just think Jarvis is the bloke in specs who fronted Pulp but he is a man with many hidden depths.”

In fact, it was Cocker who approached Franz Ferdinand to write a track for the upcoming film. Singer Alex Kapranos told VH1, “We've been asked to write some music.There's a section where there's a band of ugly sisters playing and I think, well, some members of Franz Ferdinand may be the ugly sisters in the band."

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Oct 30 2004, 12:07 AM
To anyone who knows pulp (AHH there must be someone..I loveeeeeeeeeee pulp)
[snapback]410811[/snapback]​
Hello, remember me? :lol: :heart:

And thanks, not into the films, but nice to know.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 29 2004, 06:11 PM
Hello, remember me? :lol: :heart:

And thanks, not into the films, but nice to know.
[snapback]410814[/snapback]​

I didn't forget you! I think you and I are the only fellow pulp listeners over here. I just didn't want to state the obvious. :flower:

I'm not into the movies either, but I'm curious how it'll turn out.

Originally posted by ultramarine@Oct 29 2004, 06:21 PM
Yesterday I found out a friend of mine dated Lou Reed :blink:
[snapback]410829[/snapback]​

No way! :o

PERFECT DAY - Lou Reed

Just a perfect day,
Drink sangria in the park,
And then later, when it gets dark,
We go home.
Just a perfect day,
Feed animals in the zoo
Then later, a movie, too,
And then home.

Oh it’s such a perfect day,
I’m glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.

Just a perfect day,
Problems all left alone,
Weekenders on our own.
It’s such fun.
Just a perfect day,
You made me forget myself.
I thought I was someone else,
Someone good.

Oh it’s such a perfect day,
I’m glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.

You’re going to reap just what you sow..

Hmm..maybe that was written to your friend! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->