The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

I sort of have the same problem as you so i can sympathise. If your cheeks are very red i was advised to use a green base cream to counteract the redness. It does help but dont go over the top. I cant exactly recommend any brands but for skin that needs extra coverage for spots and blemishes, use a thicker foundation like a stick one.

thank you everyone who replied to my post. :smile: I appreciate all of your responses so much. :smile:

I have tried Prescriptives, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, MAC, and a few others.... I'm currently using either Studio Fix or Jane Iredale mineral compact.

I am interested in trying Max Factor's Panstik, although... how on earth do you find the right shade in a drug store like Rite Aid?

Any other thoughts or advice... please feel free to post here!!!! Thank you!!! :blush:

If you're going to test out foundation at the shop, remember that the shop lighting is way different from natural daylight so it could be a completely different shade outside the shop :doh:
Also, test foundation on the jawline not on the back of your hand because it gives you a better result. But i would be very wary of using the tester sample on disaply with everyone's fingers already all over it :yuk: So look for a clean one (or open a new one) :flower:

Originally posted by Belle@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:26 pm
I am interested in trying Max Factor's Panstik, although... how on earth do you find the right shade in a drug store like Rite Aid?
Simple, you buy the one that looks closest to your correct tone and then, here's a little secret about buying drugstore brands, you RETURN it if it isn't the right shade. That's right! You can return opened drugstore brand cosmetics if the shade isn't right because the manufacturers understand that they have not provided a way for you to test the shade. I've done it before without any difficulty. You could ask at your Rite Aid, if you like, and my understanding is that it is universally done. :flower:

Has anyone tried a good foundation or skincare product for large pores?

I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer. For my skin, it literally made any prominent pores disappear.

Originally posted by Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer.
I agree, I use that, the instant perfector to correct instantly, and Idealist from Estee Lauder as treatment :heart:

Originally posted by Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer. For my skin, it literally made any prominent pores disappear.
which prodcuct from Pore Minimizer are you using?
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation.

Originally posted by MissPurple+May 2nd, 2004 - 5:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ May 2nd, 2004 - 5:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation. [/b][/quote]
I reccomend the Instant Perfector...because it's the only one I have tried :wink: and it's really good before applying makeup, or if you just want to wear it alone with bronzer, mascara and lipbalm :heart:

Originally posted by MissPurple+May 2nd, 2004 - 3:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ May 2nd, 2004 - 3:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation.

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, it is the Instant Perfector product. That is the one that works the best. :flower:

Originally posted by cherylm@May 1st, 2004 - 9:27 am
Has anyone tried a good foundation or skincare product for large pores?
I recommend you these products of Shiseido:

pro_14_02.gif

pro_13_02.gif

Can anyone suggest a good powder foundation? I've been using MAC Studiofix for years but I think I'm ready for a change. I have normal/oily skin which breaks out on occasion, so I'd prefer nothing TOO heavy. I've heard good things about Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, and Shiesido's line of foundation. Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thanks so much! :smile:

I don't think Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is a good choice for people who have combination/oily skin :wink:

my favorite powder foundation was Diorskin Compact, absolutely amazing for my dry skin, sheer and natual (I don't need much of a coverage anyway), very fine and non-drying, never looks heavy/powdery/chalky, gives a slightly luminous finish.
however, my skin is getting more and more of a combination type somehow :unsure: while Diorskin Compact is still great for my cheek areas, it's not good for my T-zone anymore :cry: wears off too easily around T-zone and totally doesn't control shine.
so I went searching for the perfect compact for combination skin. after trying out lots, I've finally found my new HG powder foundation, Guerlain Divinora Teint Expert Confort Exquisitely Fine Powder Foundation Compact SPF15 :heart:
the same superb quality and ultra fine powder as Diorskin, goes on extremely smooth and blends beautifully with the skin. it's also got some ingredients for great oil control at T-zone, without making the cheeks feel dry. the staying power is also spectacular. it has this slight illuminating effect, giving the complexion a subtle soft glow, but overall more on the matt side comparing to Diorskin. definitely not dead flat matt though :sick: *cough cough Chanel Double Perfection Compact :innocent:
it provides medium to full coverage, fuller coverage than Diorskin but also a bit heavier. coverage is not what I'm seeking so I'm always very light handed when applying.

i receieved a sample of Diorskin eclat Doux compact and I must admit it's really nice

unfortunately all the shades are much too orange for my skintone

Originally posted by PradaP@Jul 23 2004, 02:36 AM
i receieved a sample of Diorskin eclat Doux compact and I must admit it's really nice

unfortunately all the shades are much too orange for my skintone
[snapback]314555[/snapback]​

Diorskin powder foundation is great. I recommend it to everyone :flower:

well, you're already using my favorite powder foundation- MAC Studiofix, but if I had top pick another one I love, I'd go with the Chanel Double Perfection compact... this stuff is pretty amazing for oily skin and making the face look flawless :D

I agree with the guys, Diorskin is awesome, I've been using MAC's Studio Fix, cause I got used to the great coverage and it's awesome for photoshoots and just cause... Diorskin is lightweight, it looks natural cause their formula has reflective microbeads, that makes your skin look glowy, but not shiny, even though on some people, they tend to look shiny, which blotting sheets come handy, Remember that Diorskin is still foundation, it's not going to make your skin mat, unless you buy a foundation that its meant to have a mat finish...

Gah! Now I feel kind of silly for abandoning MAC. But does the rule "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" apply here? That is, I've been content with MAC, so should I test the market for a new foundation? Or is it smart to try out new products once in a while, just in case there's something better? I ended up buying the Shisiedo foundation, by the way, just because Stila was always sold out (this was before I read the feedback on Dior, also), and I like it, although I don't know if it I like it any MORE than MAC.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just keep on looking. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->